• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LIVIN' IT UP, love that feeling! and feeling Goofy - Jan 2014! Complete! 6/21

Just caught up on the past few sets of posts! (sorry college finals got in the way :headache:)
I've never heard the term #rungry but I'm now going to start using it all the time whenever I run!
I'd be a professional at the Pooh 5K hahahahaha that sounds like an amazing race.

HA! No need to apologize, the #runlife has taken over for me. #rungry & #runchies = my life. 24/7.

LINNER!!!! I say that too!!!

Haha, I imagine there are a lot of "field trips" for students who live in the Disney zone. It would have to be part of the curriculum I think.

I think I would have a hard time declining "Do you want to go again's" over and over, EXCEPT when it's Yeti Time! So good call there Megs.

GIRAFFES!!! 'Nuff said.

Aww Meg, so awesome you sang the Tigger song to Tigger. I bet you made his day. :goodvibes

Dessert, brunch and linner: my 3 square meals a day.
Per Meg Meg, a lot of people she goes to school with don't go to Disney that often because to them..."it's just another amusement park"... yeah ok. They don't know what they're missing.
I kinda wish we did ride again...but...the Yeti... :)
GIRAFFES!
I really think I did!

I miss this day so much. BUT 15 DAYS!!!

Those hair dryers are deadly.

That sunrise >>>

Playing hooky >>>

Dino the flying dinosaur FTW
That was the best part of the whole day, lets be real now.

My neck is still broken

LOL THE TIGER HOLE

OMG PUMBA!

I look so awkward in the Dug and Russel pics oh my god

No seriously I look awful in all of these pictures.
NOW IT'S 7 DAYS!
I really hope the AKL hairdryers don't try to eat our hair.

THAT SUNRISE >>>>
PLAYING HOOKY>>>>> therefore, you need to play hooky on feb 19 and come to the expo with me kthxbye

Dino...yup...you realy shouldn't have started with the best ride evah, you should have worked our way to it. But oh whale.
LOLOLOLOL THE TIGER HOLE
PUMBA PUMBA PUMBA

Yeah well don't feel too bad because I look just wonderful too #awk

Dinosaur is the worst ride evah the end.

LOLOLOL CONSERVATION STATION. I am so dumb.

Wow that Poca pic is high quality. And I just realized that she is wearing her winter wear.

LOL yes I hate being late….

Don’t even get moi started on those idiots during the parade.

MY FAVE BOOK! Too bad I am not made of money though. #brokelife

That selfie will always be my fave selfie.

I forgot about those stroller ID tags :rotfl2:

It wasn't THAT bad. I much prefer that over the video game version I use to play LOL

LOL DA BEST DERP MOMENT

Such a winning photo omg too bad there isn't any #yellow

I'M SORRY!! Good thing you weren't with us for BOG.....

January 17, 2014

The #YOLODisney Shopping Spree

Mom was waiting for us at DTD. We thought maybe there would be a bus directly to DTD from DAK, since Meg Meg saw one once. NOPE! That was only part of Limited Time Magic. So we decided on a Contemp/Poly bus because it was so cold I NEEDED to put something else on.

DSC_0551_zpsfccf7d67.jpg

Can we just cry because I have less than 24 hours left

DSC_0555_zpscd9f0112.jpg

We ran upstairs, unloaded anything we needed to and I changed into jeans. Much better. We went back outside and waited for a DTD bus.

DSC_0561_zps41886cc0.jpg

Hello my love.

I don't wanna leave

That Post Disney Depression was starting to hit and I wasn't even gone yet.

I don't know which number of bus ride from the MK area to DTD this was, but I noticed that the bus rides from the Contemp to DTD felt like 5ever! I guess I am spoiled being so close to DTD since my home resort is a DTD area resort. But Magic Kingdom is right there staying at BLT...sooo I'll live.

We arrived at DTD and my mom was waiting for us. She had a present for Meg Meg.
A Pooh Bear dog tag necklace with Meg Meg engraved on it omg.
Meg Meg burst into laughter.

First things first, ma was hungry so we headed for food and Earl's was in her price range. I wasn't really hungry but she got me mac and cheese and as we’ve learned this trip, I’m not saying no to free food. She got Meg Meg whatever her usual from Earl’s is.

After we were fueled, I had major credit card damage to attend to.
World of Disney, I’m coming for ya!

Let’s see, what did I buy?
A baby Pooh plush, a Goofy plush to commemorate my Goofy-ness, a purple Disney Princess baseball cap, a really classy WDW photo album that holds 200 photos, the Never Grow Up pillow (because HELLO!!), some pins, a Frozen charm for Meg Meg’s and mine charm bracelets, and some other stuff I can’t remember. I also bought Meg Meg and myself some glitterly Mickey hair clips. And of course, I took advantage of the promotion they had…”the spend X amount, get this thing for this much”. I got the WDW tote for like $20 which should come in handy for future trips. Somehow during the check out, I noticed that Meg Meg’s hair clips didn’t get rung up! So I grabbed another pair and got back on line…and another yolo purchase of these little wings that you can attach to your sneakers/shoes via the shoelace. I picked the leopard print ones.
Wings because I fly on these feet of mine.

After I spent just over the limit I had for the trip, we went to look at more pins and we went into Disney’s Days of Christmas because I had something planned for Meg Meg and myself.

I kept seeing these bracelets for $10 with free customization and was thinking of getting one all week long. So I decided that I would get one for Meg Meg and myself.
I told her to pick out a bracelet. I picked a bright pink one and she decided on black. I told the CM what I wanted. I also splurged and added some charms. We both got Pooh.

They came out wonderfully!

After I spent a bunch of money, we decided to head back to the resort, because we did have to pack all this stuff now :(

But Meg Meg and I spent the ENTIRE bus ride sending each other ridiculous Snapchats and laughing hysterically! :rotfl2:

We dropped off our bags in the room and took a walk over to the Contemp…for food. We got a brownie (with a lot of Mickey sprinkles).

DSC_0569_zps91d0ab37.jpg

The rest of the night consisted of Meg Meg sitting on our bed in the master bedroom watching Disney cartoons as I frantically tried to pack EVERYTHING I bought and gathered over the course of the 9 days. #thestruggle AND trying not to cry at every moment. I also showed off the things I purchased to Meg Meg.

I did manage to get everything into the various bags. That merch duffle (as I will now refer to it) was HEAVY. Oh well.

Really late, Meg Meg and I decided to go on a little adventure. We walked over to the Contemp. Everything was closed. We took the elevator up to the 14th floor for a photo shoot. Lucky for us, Monorail red was just chilling there!

DSC_0571_zps03cd4615.jpg

DSC_0575_zps808e6969.jpg

Today, I learned that there are numbres on top of each monorail. #themoreyouknow

DSC_0579_zps7977233b.jpg

DSC_0581_zps15c4d079.jpg

DSC_0586_zps8d1803e5.jpg

We also took some ridiculous pictures of...some ECVs.

After that, we went to bed.

I learned a new piece of Disney trivia today just reading your trip report. There are numbers on the top of the monorails. Cant wait to learn more. Loved the pictures.

January 18, 2014

Bad food and sad feels

I got up pretty early…and pretty depressed. We were leaving today :(

I got dressed and packed up my Rapunzel backpack with some last minute things. I wore the Marathon tech tee since it was cold and I wore the half and Goofy one so it was only fair.

I took a walk over to the Contemp with my mug.

DSC_0598_zps201d2390.jpg

I really wanted the Frozen cupcake…but apparently Disney doesn’t have cupcakes and the line out at 8 am….get on my level. So I filled up my mug with some lemonade which tastes so great after you brush your teeth.

DSC_0599_zps5e0aa4fd.jpg

I went back to the room and Meg Meg and mom were up; there was a feeling of sadness in the air.

I’ve felt sad and depressed when leaving Disney before…but this time was different.

Mom was attempting to clean out her purse…that one that had a beer explode in it a couple of days prior. Meg Meg and I told her it smelt like beer. Like, we could smell it a few feet away. Mom was upset. After attempting to clean it, she shoved it in Meg Meg’s face to see if it still smelt like beer. UM YES. So now she had a mission of getting a new bag because she could not walk around with this beer smelling bag.

We went downstairs and went to check our luggage. When the bell hop guy picked up my suitcase to weigh it…it said 62 pounds…WHAT! I died. Overweight baggage fee here I come.
And then he said “Oh wait, my foot was on it.” 42 pounds. Just a little airport humor. I nearly died at first but I did laugh. My mom was like “WHAT THE CRAP DID YOU BUY?!”

Umm a lot of stuff, but most of it is in my carry on.

Next we left our carry-ons with bell hop and then hoped on a bus to DTD for the last time.

When we got to the Marketplace, mom had to make a pit stop at the bathroom, so she sent Meg Meg into a store to get a shopping bag to put her stuff in to throw out the purse.

While we waited, a bracelet picture!

DSC_0611_zpsb99050eb.jpg

Mom had Meg Meg take some photos of us together since we have none (and that is her fault not mine).

DSC_0621_zpse3c28999.jpg

We went into WoD for mom to look for a new bag. She also bought Meg Meg and me some pins. And she also bought a Duffy puppet.

DSC_0623_zps20c0b756.jpg

DSC_0624_zps8e86b2ec.jpg

DSC_0625_zpsd1ce5099.jpg

DSC_0626_zpsb7b652d1.jpg

We were meeting with mum for our last ADR. She scored an awesome parking spot near Pleasure Island so we went to meet up with her for Meg Meg to drop her stuff of. Then we headed over to West Side for our (unnecessary) ADR at Bongo's!

DSC_0633_zps5f7e54a7.jpg

DSC_0627_zps8a855f44.jpg

DSC_0629_zpsf4342739.jpg

Meg Meg's virgin Pina.

Now, if you read my first TR, you know that I raved about Bongo's! This time however, very disappointing.

On a positive note, the plantain chips were good! So good in fact, we ate 3 orders. We should have just ordered 1 more and called it a day. We also got another appetizer...it was steak on some bread with a slice of avocado. I tried that and considering I'm not a big steak eater, the steak was very tasty.

Mum asked me about my next trip down now since I have a friend there and everything. I told them 13 months...for Princess Half Weekend. I can not, CAN NOT go more than a year ever again.

Even that is too long though.....hmm..

Meg Meg and I both ordered the same thing, the thing I got last time. The Cuban chicken sandwich. The description of it was the same, but when it arrived I knew it wasn't going to be good.
It was just grilled chicken on some (stal-ish) bread. Last time, it was like a pulled chicken in a Cuban marinade/sauce. NOT THIS TIME AND IT WAS KINDA GROSS TBH.
Mom got the same thing as last time and she said it was not good either.

Besides those plantain chips, we were all disappointed with our meal.

DSC_0636_zpsd0b17d40.jpg

I really should have bought this.

We took a walk back to Marketplace and complained about how they are renaming DTD to stupid Disney Springs.

DSC_0639_zps72f464c5.jpg

Sunglasses on cuz I'm about to lose it

I kept looking at my watch because it was getting very close to Tragical Express pick up time.
That really sad feeling kept coming over me. Mum said that they could always just drive us to the airport, but we felt bad.

We stopped by the DVC desk because Meg Meg and mum pretty much know all those CMs. We chatted and got stickers and suddenly we were talking about going over to the DVC preview center to discuss buying more points. OK!! (but the bus.......)

One of the CMs called over to schedule an appointment for ASAP and we started speed walking to the car since that was the fastest way to get there.

And off to Saratoga Springs we went!

January 18, 2014

STELLLLAAAAAA

Mum drove as fast as she could. Of course idiots were out on the road today. Mum also gave Casting the finger as we drove by!

In record time, we made it to Saratoga Springs and parked the car and ran to the preview center. We got our name tags and I think the CMs got a kick out making 2 name tags with Megan on it. We were informed that one of us did not have a DVC guide. We waited in this awesome room (that had cookies!!) for a guide to assist us.

DSC_0640_zpsb3b16cd2.jpg

DSC_0642_zpsc7ac15da.jpg

DSC_0643_zpsfac87720.jpg

Our guide for the day would be Stella. She was very friendly.We went and sat on the couches and chatted about our trip so far and our future DVC needs/points. Mom was being her usual crazy self; started yelling out "STELLLLLAA" and was dropping the F-bomb and Stella laughed and we all just laughed SO much!!

My favorite part of the whole thing was when Stella asked about us. Us meaning the 4 of us and how we know each other. Mum told her that Meg Meg and I have been talking on the internet for about 2 years and...well here we are. She was stunned. She thought that we were all life long friends, and that mom and mum fought over who was going to name their daughter Megan.

And that's exactly how it feels.

After that initial awkwardness when we first finally met in person, we all just hit it off so well.
It's almost unbelievable how well we all meshed and clicked.

Anyway, we discussed our needs for more points...yes, no, maybe? Both families were like....um yeah we aren't bringing family anymore so maybe not.

But

The magic words of Poly Villas came up. So I am in good hands with Stella when the time comes.

I looked at my watch and we officially missed our Tragical Express bus. But never to fear, the Meg Meg Magical Express would step in.

Stella brought up how one of us did not have a guide. Turns out, it was mum and Meg Meg...and we had some guy out of Disneyland? We were all like...we want Stella as our guide! And that could be done. Stella called over another CM to make that happen. He did make mom promise that at least once a month she would need to call Stella and just leave a message of just "STEEEELLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA!"

After all this DVC/Stella fun, Stella asked if we wanted ice cream. OF COURSE WE DO!

So we went over to the little ice cream room that looks like a mini Beaches and Cream.

After we finished, we headed back to the car; we needed to get over to the Contemp to pick up our carry-ons.

DSC_0648_zps01003287.jpg

Not taking the Tragical Express but that doesn't make it any less depressing

The car ride was really quiet in the back seat for a long time.

Off Disney property kill me

Like I said, I've felt sad and depressed when leaving Disney before...but this time was different.
This sadness was something more this time. Not only was I leaving my ultimate happy place, but I was leaving a really good friend too.

The mom’s chatted. Work, Florida life, funny stories. Eventually there was laughter. We were talking about accents and dialects from different areas of the country. My favorite story was about sprinkles..... don't ask LOL

We made it to MCO. We got out of the car and got the bags out. We thanked them for the ride.

I gave mum a hug.

And then I gave my twin a hug.

She said:

"Don't leave."

I just barely manage to get out a "I don't wanna" through tears.

They got in the car and we started walking to the entrance. I think we had to leave quickly like that or else it would have turned into a hot mess.

I was crying. I was just so sad.

Bye Twin

Cue da tears. :sad:

Mom and I went through security, rather uneventful. Beside a long line and mom's soda holding up our bags. Good job!

We went to our gate and grabbed a sear close to the door where our plane was. It felt pretty empty. I started texting the twin right away. We were discussing a potential second trip for me this year. Mom DID mention me coming back down in October for Halloween since we have enough points for a studio.

Sitting in the airport looking at flights for a possible second trip this year @LifeDis

I know I said I can never be away for more than a year ever again...but I really can not make it a year in between trips. Every time I'm back, I just crave it more and more.

The nice gentleman who was sitting next to me decided to strike up a conversation even though I just wanted to cry. He was very nice; he started the conversation with: "I think I know where you were..."
From him we found out that even the slightest fog cancels a flight out of Westchester. So at least we had an answer to mom's fiasco. And something to think about in the future.

So enough, we boarded and oooh crap, it was a small plane...and in this case I mean it was only 2 seats in a row, a total of 4 seats across.

On the plane
Thank you @WaltDisneyWorld @runDisney & @LifeDis 4 a fabulous trip. Can not wait 2 be back 4 more magic, miles, and memories!

We took off and the flight was uneventful, besides a screaming child the whole entire flight...
I looked through all my photos on my iPad and I only made it to about...Wednesday.

We landed and HOT DAMN WE ARE NOT IN DISNEY ANY MORE! NY probs.
And this was pretty much the first time I've ever seen Westchester County Airport and it sure is dinky!

We waited and waited for our bags. Our (Disney) family friend picked us up and drove us to his house where we got our car and went back to our house.

And the Post Disney Depression begins.

The following day, mom and I went to the office for a bit to catch up on some work and see what we needed to do that upcoming week.

That night, my twin texted me asking about my vacation time. Her and mum just ended up calling me to discuss an idea they had....

And that idea just so happened to be

A trip in June!

Aww what a sweet gift from your Mom to Meg Meg. So sweet.

OK, wow, I'm pretty sure Downtown Disney gets pretty darn excited when they see you coming now.

Mmmm lemonade after teeth brushing. There's a fortune to be made to come up with a solution to that.

BAHAHAHA, I love that bell hop dude. That's too funny. Syke!

Those bracelets were a great idea. Love it.

Aww man, it's heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. To make these friendships based on Disney is amazing. But so bittersweet when you're not leaving together.

Of course I'd be sadder for you if your next trip wasn't SIX DAYS AWAY!!!

Post Trip / Final Thoughts

Thank you all for reading and for coming along on my 39.3 mile magical journey!
It means a lot to me that you took some time out of your day to read about my trip, my races, and the memories I made.

This trip had it’s fair share of lows along with the many highs. I purposely left out those lows for several reasons. Why focus on the negative when there’s so much positive around?! That’s how I try to live my life.
There was palpable tension with the other members of my travel party and myself. I was just being me and enjoying myself but I guess other people didn't like that...oh well.

Tension aside, this trip was incredible.

I have never laughed as hard in my life as I did during this trip with Meg Meg, Annie, mom and mum. The memories I made with both my twin and Annie will last forever and will always bond us together.

Finally meeting my twin was one of the overall highlights of the trip (and the year).

I can’t even put into words what it’s like to have a friend and hang out with someone in Disney who “gets” Disney and “gets” you. I have seen other Disney people being brought together over the shared love of the company and I am so fortunate and thankful that Disney brought Meg Meg and myself together because she is one of my best friends. I honestly do not know what I would do without her.

I gained 2 new members of my ‘Ohana in Meg and mum and I cannot wait to see them again! #teambreadpudding

runDisney and Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend were absolutely, without a doubt, everything I hoped for and so much more!

For me, being able to have two of the biggest pieces of my life and my identity collide...it was just indescribable. I really wish I could put into words how I feel.

It was well worth the three and a half year wait. I still distinctly remember sitting on the floor of my room on my laptop in August 2010 during the early planning stages for the January 2012 trip. I remember discovering that Disney hosted a marathon. I remember wanting to run this marathon even though the idea of being able to run 26.2 miles was something that was not only scary, but something that I didn’t know if I was capable of. Could I run that far for that long?!

That was the summer that I started running the way that lead me to where I am now.

I’ve worked extremely hard, become very dedicated, and come so far since then. I’ve gotten stronger and faster, and both physically and mentally tough. Running has helped shaped me into the person I now am and I have become a better person from it.

I would relive this trip in a heartbeat.
Every.
Single.
Moment.
Good and bad, happy and sad.
From the highest of highs (crossing the finish line of the marathon, eating ‘Ohana bread pudding, finally meeting my twin, meeting and crying in front of Mulan) to the lowest of lows (crying in pain hunched over in the corner of my room with the biggest knot in my back…).

Every photo, every mile, every tear, every smile.

Every time I go back to Disney, I just fall more and more in love with the place than I already am.
I said I can’t go more than a year in between visits ever again. So I plan on returning in February 2015 for Princess Half Weekend.
I said I can’t even make it a year in between visits.

So with the help of Meg Meg and mum...we make that happen.

Follow along on my next (run free) Trip Report!

Great trip report! Loved all of it I'm gearing up for my first run Disney event this January I'm doing the 10k!

Aww what a sweet gift from your Mom to Meg Meg. So sweet.

OK, wow, I'm pretty sure Downtown Disney gets pretty darn excited when they see you coming now.

Mmmm lemonade after teeth brushing. There's a fortune to be made to come up with a solution to that.

BAHAHAHA, I love that bell hop dude. That's too funny. Syke!

Those bracelets were a great idea. Love it.

Aww man, it's heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. To make these friendships based on Disney is amazing. But so bittersweet when you're not leaving together.

Of course I'd be sadder for you if your next trip wasn't SIX DAYS AWAY!!!

Yeah they bettah be! I still tend to go over my limit...

After the initial heart attack, yes I got a god laugh from it. :rotfl:

Great trip report! Loved all of it I'm gearing up for my first run Disney event this January I'm doing the 10k!

Thank you! YAY! You'll do great!

Been MIA for a long while now (Studying in Europe and went to Disneyland Paris!) but finally finished the trip! Thanks for sharing the awesome trip and I will definitely be subscribing/catching up/commenting on your other report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter