Living the Verandah Life! A Feb/March 2022 DCL TR *COMPLETE* 10/7

Day 7 Continued: Thursday March 3rd

We went to the room to shower and change for dinner. Tonight, we were headed to Enchanted Garden.

IMG_4786 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4787 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DD thought our bread looked just like her Chewbacca menu.

IMG_4790 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4793 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DD got a mix of berries tonight.

IMG_4795 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Both kids had the kids pizza. DS ate quickly and headed back to Edge without eating dessert because they were having BB-8 races at 6:30 that he didn’t want to miss. He really enjoyed the freedom he had of being able to walk the ship alone and get himself to and from the tween club without having to be checked in and out by us.

IMG_4796 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Tonight, we had the special Star Wars menu. I had the souffle appetizer.

IMG_4797 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Padme Amidala Souffle
Double baked Cheddar Cheese Souffle with an Apple Compote

For our entrees, I had the chicken and DH had the steak.

IMG_6340 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Lord Vader’s Nerf Steak
Grilled, marinated Beef Rib-Eye Steak with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Collard Greens and Sweet Baby Carrots served with Dark Red Wine Truffle Jus on the side

IMG_4798 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Qui-Gon’s Crisp Chicken
With force Crushed Potatoes, buttered Green Beans, Biscuit and smoked Bacon Sauce

This meal was my favorite thing that I had on our previous cruise, so it was the one Star Wars thing I was looking forward to having again, and it did not disappoint!

Can you guess what DD had for dessert?

IMG_4802 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DH went for THREE desserts tonight!!

IMG_4804 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6341 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Calrissian Velvet Cake
Layers of Red Velvet Cake and White Chocolate Ganache served with Zoochberry Sauce

IMG_6343 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Cloud City Macarons
Raspberry and Lemon Macarons, served with Raspberry and Vanilla Sauce

Both of us had the sundae.

IMG_4803 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Han Solo’s Frozen Carbonite Sundae
Vanilla and Dulce de Leche Ice Cream with Caramel Popcorn and Whipped Cream

There wasn’t a whole lot happening that night that we were interested in doing, so we called it a night on the early side so DD and I could read some Harry Potter before bed.

IMG_6348 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Agnelo had left us a cute little Yoda towel friend!

IMG_6345 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6346 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DS came back from Edge around 9:15 pm and said he’d had a great time! Then we all got to sleep for our last day on board.

Late to the party but totally binged on your TR tonight! 😂
I just started reading into DCL and your TR makes me want to know more :)
the food looks amazing and I am surprised by the number of M&G opportunities! Is that usual or was it the special cruise you booked ? Were there long lines to meet the characters?
cant wait to read more!
thanks for posting !

Late to the party but totally binged on your TR tonight! 😂
I just started reading into DCL and your TR makes me want to know more :)
the food looks amazing and I am surprised by the number of M&G opportunities! Is that usual or was it the special cruise you booked ? Were there long lines to meet the characters?
cant wait to read more!
thanks for posting !
Welcome along!

The only thing special about our cruise was that it was Star Wars Day at Sea, but otherwise I think the character opportunities were pretty typical for DCL! We only have one other cruise to compare it to, but we found the characters to be plentiful on sea days and in the evenings mostly. They would frequently have timed meet & greets going on in the atrium in the evening with several other characters roaming around! Never long lines to meet characters on the cruise line, and the characters definitely take their time with each family too! It's really great, so much different than in the parks.

Post-C19, the biggest change we noticed with the characters was that in the Navigator app, it would only tell you what times characters would be available but not which characters you'd be seeing. I'm guessing that was so they could make last minute changes as needed. But the Fab 5, Chip & Dale, the princesses, Stitch, etc. were readily available throughout the week!

Day 8: Friday March 4th
CASTAWAY CAY

Suddenly, it was here…our last full day on board!! How the week absolutely flies by when you’re having such a great time. But a full day we still had, and we intended to make the most of it!

There was a craft we wanted to participate in before we would be able to disembark on Castaway Cay scheduled for 8:30 am, so we got up a little earlier today so that we could have breakfast at Cabanas first. Then we made our way to the D Lounge to make some flower thermometers. There were a few different designs that could be made with the supplies, and DD and I went the more traditional route while DS decided to be a little different with his and make it more of a cactus!

IMG_6349 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6350 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6351 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4808 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

There wasn’t a whole lot else going on at that point, so we wandered the ship a little. It was very quiet that early in the morning! I suspect most people weren’t getting up and about until it was time to get off the ship.

IMG_4819 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We had asked in the chat on the app earlier in the week how we could recognize specific CMs besides just the survey since they don’t give you much space to write on there. They had suggested that we could write more on some stationary and drop it at guest services addressed to the Cruise Director, so we stopped by guest services on the way back to the stateroom to pick up some paper. We wrote long “letters” to provide feedback on both Raf and Nicole and how much they had positively impacted our cruise. We figured this was the best way for them to be “paid back” so to speak for how wonderfully they had treated us, by making sure their managers knew how much they were appreciated by us.

We got to watch our entry into Castaway Cay from our verandah as we got ready for the beach! The night before, we had asked Agnelo if he could assist us with getting some ice to pack up our drinks to bring off the ship with us. We had left the bag we were taking off with us on the desk when we went to breakfast and crafting that morning, and he had filled it with ice for us as requested while making up our room!

IMG_6360 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4822 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We were able to leave the ship starting at 10 am, and we were in one of the first groups to disembark. Mickey was on his way from the ship out to the beach as well!

IMG_4825 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4826 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4828 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Donald and Daisy were out in their super cute island wear! DH and DS didn’t want to stop for a photo with them, but DD and I did.

IMG_4829 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4832 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It was a little sunny out, as you can see from DD’s eyes!! Lol

We were headed to the family beach, and we had no trouble finding a set of chairs on which to drop all of our bags. Then we split up. DH and DS wanted to go take part in the 5K while DD and I stayed on the beach to play! The water was exceptionally cold, so it took some getting used to, but it was very pleasant weather overall.

First, I’ll share a few of the photos DH captured of their 5K.

IMG_6364 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6366 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6367 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6368 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6370 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6371 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6378 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6381 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6383 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Meanwhile, DD and I were enjoying the family beach! She started off playing in the sand but eventually convinced me to come into the water with her.

IMG_4833 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4837 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

P3040109 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

P3040111 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

P3040112 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

P3040116 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

P3040122 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

P3040124 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Eventually, the boys came back and DS was excited to show me his medal!

IMG_4839 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Day 8 Continued: Friday March 4th

The kids played for quite awhile in the sand, until we started feeling hungry for lunch! We walked over to Cookies Too where we got a little of everything to share… chicken, burgers, fruit, desserts, and soft serve ice cream. We ate until we couldn’t eat anymore! The food on the island is so delicious!

DD was excited to see Olaf on the way back to the beach! :lovestruc

IMG_6384 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6389 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DH got to enjoy the beer he brought on board for the first time.

P3040126 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

P3040127 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

At some point, the boys had gone snorkeling for awhile, that is why DS has the bright yellow vest on. Also at some random time during the afternoon, DD had said she wanted to go back to the kids club after dinner that night. I was pretty surprised! She had been resistant to going and needed some encouragement for the times we had booked in advance to go. DS didn’t want to go, he wanted to go back to Edge, but even with that she still said she wanted to go, so I was able to hop on the app and book her a time slot for that evening.

IMG_6391 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6393 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6399 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

As the afternoon went on, we knew we’d soon have to start heading back to the ship. The All Aboard time was something like 4:45 maybe and it was after 3 pm and we hadn’t gotten to the shops yet. So we packed up our stuff and rinsed the kids as best we could, then went to look around the stores. I ended up getting a Castaway Cay t-shirt for myself, but the kids and DH didn’t find anything they wanted. Then it was time to head back to the ship.

IMG_6402 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6404 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6412 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6414 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6418 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6426 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6427 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6429 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6430 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6435 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6445 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6449 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I think we were all definitely dragging our feet getting back to the ship. There is some magical pixie dust in that sand or something, because although I typically hate the beach, I love Castaway Cay!! We wanted to soak up every moment we could. In fact, we love it so much that we recently used our placeholder to book our next cruise for September 2023 and it will be a Double Dip!! We are SO excited to get 2 days at Castaway Cay! Hopefully that will make up for the fact that it's a 5 night cruise instead of a 7. The 7 nighters still feel like they go by too fast, so I'm a little nervous about only having 5 nights. But we will be experiencing a new ship (the Disney Magic) and a new itinerary since we have now done the Western & Eastern Caribbean itineraries. :love:

Last edited:
Looks like a perfect day on Castaway Cay! Your trip report has made me want to book another cruise! We had one for April 2020 that was rescheduled twice and I finally gave up and got the refund!

So cool that your son ran the 5k! Have you ever considered doing a RunDisney race?

Looks like a perfect day on Castaway Cay! Your trip report has made me want to book another cruise! We had one for April 2020 that was rescheduled twice and I finally gave up and got the refund!

So cool that your son ran the 5k! Have you ever considered doing a RunDisney race?

I totally get it, we were lucky that ours only had to be moved once. We were booked for January 2021, and when we decided to move it and were able to extend our placeholder discount, we moved it to this date that we actually sailed. Having to move it multiple times would have been super frustrating!! I can totally understand not wanting to keep all that money tied up in DCL with so much uncertainty.

We haven't looked into any of the races in the parks yet, but maybe when he gets a little older that may be something he would be interested in doing with DH! I have no interest in running unless I am being chased. :rotfl:

Just getting caught up here! Love the special interactions with the CMs. They truly make all the difference, don't they?!

Such a perfect day on Castaway Cay. I love that you were able to maximize your island time and literally spend the whole day there. It's so beautiful! I can't wait to get back there again someday.

Just getting caught up here! Love the special interactions with the CMs. They truly make all the difference, don't they?!

Such a perfect day on Castaway Cay. I love that you were able to maximize your island time and literally spend the whole day there. It's so beautiful! I can't wait to get back there again someday.

The CMs are one of the BEST parts of taking a DCL vacation! Honestly, they DO make all the difference!

Castaway is pure magic. I absolutely LOVE it there!

It was about 4:30 pm when we got back on board. We showered and got ready for our last dinner which would be at Royal Court. There were princesses out meeting in front of the restaurant again, and DD wanted to stop to see them all. There were also some other characters out and about.

IMG_4840 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4843 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4846 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4848 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4849 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4853 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4855 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After we were brought to our table, we were pleasantly surprised to find out we were going to get to enjoy some live music in the restaurant that night! Jordan Caswell had performed several nights on our sailing (he is a violinist) and he was performing in the restaurant along with someone on the piano playing some really lovely renditions of some Disney favorites and classics while we dined.

DD started her dinner with a really lovely assortment of berries.

IMG_6461 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4858 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DH changed it up a bit on the final night and got an appetizer of Oysters Rockefeller.

IMG_6462 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Oysters Rockefeller on the Half Shell
With Spinach, Onions and Bacon, topped with Buttered Breadcrumbs

Both of the kids had the pizza. They were pretty good about bringing DS a double portion because neither of them really eat French fries so they usually just ate their main entree and the two little slices weren’t enough for him.

IMG_6463 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6464 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We got another nice little surprise when the princesses made a round of the restaurant!

IMG_4860 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then our entrees came! DH went for the lobster and also the sea bass dish and I had a delicious chicken pasta.

IMG_6467 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Oven-Baked Lobster Tail
With Sun-Dried Tomato, Lemon Pesto Mash, and Roasted Asparagus

IMG_6468 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Roasted Red Snapper
Served on a bed of Fennel, Olives, Sweet Peppers, and Yukon Gold Potato Ragout with Saffron Broth

IMG_4861 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Fettuccine With Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Chicken encrusted in Parmesan Cheese, with Sweet Peppers and Mushrooms in a Cheddar Cheese Sauce

Somehow we hadn’t done it yet, so we asked Steven if he would take a family photo of us!

IMG_4867 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The kids went with their old faithful dessert of a Mickey Bar one final time.

IMG_6470 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I was torn on dessert between the chocolate lava cake and the apple pie, but since DH had no problems ordering multiple desserts, he ordered the two he wanted for himself and the apple pie for me, while I ordered the lava cake.

IMG_4870 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Chocolate Lava Cake
Served with Double Chocolate Sauce and Ice Cream

IMG_6472 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Old Fashioned Apple Pie
Served warm with Vanilla Ice Cream

IMG_6473 by disneymom1024, on Flickr
Chocolate Cheesecake (No Sugar Added)
Baked Cheesecake over a Chocolate Chiffon Sponge Base

IMG_6475 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4868 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After dinner, DS hurried off to Edge, and DD’s kids club time was scheduled for 6:45 pm, so as soon as she finished her Mickey bar we went to drop her off. While the kids were off having fun, DH and I went back to the stateroom to do the dreaded packing! It was the perfect amount of time to get everything but what we needed for the morning put away in suitcases. It wasn’t pretty and neat, but it was packed! We kept our luggage in the room because we wanted to do express walk off in the morning. We saw Agnelo in the hall and asked how late we could be in the room, and he said about 8:30. So we planned to leave our stuff in the room and go to breakfast in the morning, then return to the room to collect everything before leaving the ship.

IMG_6478 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4872 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

At about 8:15 we went to the kids club to collect DD and spotted Goofy walking around interacting with guests.

IMG_4874 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DD was on a mission to find Nicole so that we could tell her goodbye before we left in the morning. We figured our best bet was the atrium since she was usually out with the characters, but we kept asking different CMs and they weren’t sure where she would be. In the meantime, she wanted a quick snap with Stitch.

IMG_4876 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We spotted Donald Duck, and she wanted to show him a picture of him she had drawn in the kids club. This led to one of my favorite meets of the whole entire cruise!

IMG_4878 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Goofy was bummed that we had all proclaimed Donald as #1, and Donald was happy to show off his status!

IMG_4882 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Here is a really cute video of how it went down.

IMG_6481 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4884 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DD had been begging and begging to get a shoulder porg like DS had, and she really had not let up about it so we stopped in the shop to get her one, and to get DS the shoulder Baby Groot he wanted also. DD was very excited about her purchase!

IMG_4886 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4890 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We were still on the hunt for Nicole, but we were also hoping we could find Raf before we left to tell him goodbye. I suggested we go down to the theater to check because a lot of times we saw the entertainment staff working the seating. We walked down to the upper level doors first, and spotted him right away! And he was even with Becca, who he had told us had helped him decorate our door with all the fun Stitch decorations! We chatted with them, and sincerely thanked them for everything they did to make our cruise experience so incredibly magical!

IMG_4891 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4893 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

There was a gap in character meet times, so we went back to the room for a bit, and DS came back from Edge. There were more meets scheduled for 9:30, so we told DD we could try one more time to see if we could find Nicole. There was some music going on in the atrium and some of the characters were out enjoying the entertainment.

IMG_6485 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6486 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Finally, we spotted her! She was up a floor, so we went up and as soon as she saw us coming towards her, she started waving to DD and saying she had hoped she’d be able to see her, and was really touched when DD told her we had been looking all over for her that evening!

IMG_4895 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

She took us over to meet Donald & Daisy.

IMG_4896 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4905 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DD asked for one more photo with her, and this series of photos just makes me so happy. Donald realized what was going on, and popped up behind them and even called Daisy over too.

IMG_4909 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4910 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4912 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4914 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I was so happy we had been able to find her, because DD really had her heart set on saying goodbye to Nicole. It was a bittersweet ending to a wonderful cruise, for sure! But our surprises weren’t over yet. When we got back to the room, Raf had left us an incredibly sweet note, and some goodies for the kids!

IMG_4915 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4916 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

He is seriously the BEST! I was really glad to find him on social media so we can keep in touch, and I was able to message him and thank him for the pixie dust. DH and I kept commenting that we wished we could do something in return, but hopefully leaving the positive feedback for him and Nicole and some of the other incredible crew members we interacted with will help them in their time with DCL. They really make the experience sailing with DCL the most incredible and the most magical!!

We finally got to bed that night, planning to get up early to go to our dining room for final breakfast.

Just want to say how much I have enjoyed your trip report! We were on this sailing and had the best time. We miss it so much and reliving it through your report has been a blast! We are just 2 adults but we have had great interactions with Raf on multiple cruises - he is such a fun guy, and it makes me so happy to see the love and pixie dust he sprinkled on your family!

Awwww, all the warm fuzzies to end the cruise with!! What a wonderful difference those magical CMs make. And so nice that you are able to keep up on social media, too. Friends for life!

Just want to say how much I have enjoyed your trip report! We were on this sailing and had the best time. We miss it so much and reliving it through your report has been a blast! We are just 2 adults but we have had great interactions with Raf on multiple cruises - he is such a fun guy, and it makes me so happy to see the love and pixie dust he sprinkled on your family!
Thank you so much!! It was a truly amazing week, and we enjoyed it even more than our first one since we felt like we had a little more wiggle room with bedtimes and not needing naps.

Raf is THE BEST! We couldn't believe how he continued to pixie dust our family and make our cruise so incredibly special!!
Awwww, all the warm fuzzies to end the cruise with!! What a wonderful difference those magical CMs make. And so nice that you are able to keep up on social media, too. Friends for life!
As last nights go, it was a really great one but of course bittersweet to say goodbye to the incredible CMs who just heap magic on magic on magic for the guests!! They are really why I am not sure I can branch out to another cruise line anytime soon with young kids.

Thank goodness for social media!! It's great being able to keep in touch. :)

Day 9: Saturday March 5th
ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE

On our last morning on the ship, we were like the family in Home Alone when they oversleep for their flight! I had set my weekday alarm that we usually use at home on school/work days so that we could get up and get to our breakfast in the main dining room without thinking…it was Saturday! So the alarm didn’t go off, and DS woke first, shaking me awake to tell me it was well past what time the alarm was supposed to go off! We quickly got dressed, brushed our teeth, and packed up our last minute items and toiletries and ended up going to Cabanas for breakfast instead. The kids were making it known that they were not happy to be leaving the ship.

IMG_4918 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The announcement came over while we were eating that the ship had been cleared and we could walk off with our stuff. We collected our bags from the room and headed off the ship and had cleared customs quickly enough that we were back to our car by 7:55 am and we were on our way to Universal Orlando!

In 2019, we had bookended our cruise with stays at AKV and spent the day we got off the ship wandering around Disney Springs until our room was ready. This time, we had UOAPs and booked a room onsite so that we could spend the day at Universal before heading home Sunday. Since it was Mardi Gras, our seasonal passes were blocked out of Studios on any concert days, and there was one Saturday night. So that meant we could only go to Islands of Adventure, but that was ok with us.

We drove straight to Royal Pacific Resort, and it took us a little longer than we’d have liked to find a place to park, get checked in, and drop our luggage with bell services. But soon enough we were on our way to IOA with our Express Passes in hand (or should I say, in lanyard?), and we made it there by 10 am.

IMG_6489 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We headed over to Hogsmeade first!

IMG_3172 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6490 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The kids wanted to ride Flight of the Hippogriff first.

IMG_3174 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3175 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3176 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4923 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then DS wanted to go on Forbidden Journey, so he and I did that while DH and DS did Hippogriff a couple more times.

IMG_4924 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4925 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We came out from Forbidden Journey just as their train was coming back to the unloading station.

IMG_6491 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We took the bridge over towards Jurassic Park, stopping of course for some photos along the way.

IMG_6495 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4927 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4928 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3115 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We weren’t in the mood to get wet so we skipped the River Adventure, and DD was totally against the Raptor Encounter, so Jurassic Park ended up just being our pathway over to do Skull Island Reign of Kong.

IMG_3117 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3118 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3121 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3125 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3128 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3134 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We made the circle back up to the front to Seuss Landing to get an early lunch at Green Eggs & Ham. We shared some pizza tots and buffalo chicken tots.

IMG_3138 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3138 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3140 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Day 9 Continued: Saturday March 5th

Since we were over in Seuss Landing already, we did Cat in the Hat and then the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride. We were thankful for Express because both were quite a bit longer than we’d have liked to wait for standby!

IMG_3141 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3142 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3144 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4932 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4937 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4933 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4934 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4935 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4938 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3148 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3153 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3154 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then we went to Super Hero Island, and the 3 of them went on Storm Force Accelatron. I don’t do well with spinning rides, so I sat this one out!

IMG_3158 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3159 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3156 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4939 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4942 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Spider-Man was a 70 min posted Standby wait, and I know they usually estimate the Express to be about half of the standby time. We weren’t really excited about the idea of waiting 35 minutes for this, but since we had done pretty much everything else we were planning to do, we decided to get in anyway. It was odd the way the lines were set up, with the Express and standby going around the back of the building. But we literally walked RIGHT on! We never stopped except when we wanted to so that we could take photos! I have never seen this room of the queue completely empty before!

IMG_3160 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6498 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6500 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6503 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4944 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4945 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3161 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_3167 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then we went across the street to meet Spider-Man because he had almost no wait!

IMG_4946 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4949 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4951 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4953 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The kids and DH went on Storm Force again, then we decided to go over to the Jurassic Park Discovery Center. Many of the exhibits are gone now that it also serves as a locker and merchandise location for Velocicoaster. But they still had the Raptors hatching and the egg analysis stations.

IMG_4956 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4958 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_6504 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We also just sat and relaxed out of the sun for awhile and DD was putting on DH’s sunglasses and pretending to be him.

IMG_4960 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I even got her on video impersonating him.

IMG_4961 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter