Lizzim at Saratoga Springs Sept 2013

Lizzim

Mouseketeer
We were originally planning one Disney trip this year – a December trip which we would take with Rob’s parents staying at Saratoga Springs in a Tree House villa.

However, last year we found out about a discounted trip to WDW available through a club at work and so we registered our interest.

Whilst on our trip to Las Vegas last September we got a phone call asking us if we were still interested and somehow we had booked an extra trip whilst away! This time we would be in a studio at Saratoga Springs...

So, onto the trip!

31st August

We were flying out on a Sunday this time and so did all of our holiday prep on a weekend day for a change. We dropped the dog off at kennels, had some lunch and then around 3pm we were picked up by our friend to take us to Gatwick (we are returning the favour for them next month!)

It took a little longer than expected due to some traffic but we arrived at Gatwick around 6. We headed into the terminal to do twilight check-in and drop off our checked luggage.

Then it was over to the Premier Inn to check in. We had stayed here in February and it was still a pleasant experience. Soon it was time for dinner – the Premier Inn was apparently booked up for hours so we went to the terminal and ate at an oddly themed restaurant called Joe’s Kitchen.

It was nice enough and reasonably priced. Then we headed off to bed for the night.

1st September

Thanks to twilight check-in we had a leisurely start to the morning. We headed through security and then got some breakfast at Frankie and Benny’s. A little wander around the shops and then it was time to head to the gate.

We were a little late boarding – apparently some cargo had needed rearranging – really?! The flight itself was uninteresting, the food was fine and the time passed reasonably quickly.

We arrived a little late at Orlando International but I think in the end that wasn’t too bad. We seemed to be the only flight in the arrivals hall and so when we got off the queue for immigration wasn’t too bad.

I had selected seats near the front of economy and thankfully this worked quite well. We got off the plane relatively fast and managed to collect our bags and hire car within an hour of landing.

Around 25 minutes later and we had arrived at Saratoga Springs. We checked in and took our bags to the room.

IMG_0192_zps06ce191d.jpg

We took a quick walk to get our refillable mugs and then we were off to get sandwiches from the Earl of Sandwich.

We walked to the boat dock only to find that for some reason the boat wasn’t running so we took the bus to Downtown Disney.

We arrived and headed straight to the Earl as we were really hungry! Once we had our sandwiches we felt a little better although by this point we were getting tired.

We quickly collected our photopass plus card and then headed back to the bus stop. For some reason the traffic was crazy this evening and it took us about 30 mins on the bus ride back!

This was enough to put us off the buses for the rest of our trip (although I must admit we don’t really like them anyway!)

We got back to our room and immediately as we entered we felt like there was something different about the room but for a few seconds we couldn’t work out why.

We then realised that 2 gift baskets had appeared on the side! Our friend Jennifer had sent them to us as birthday gifts (our birthdays had been earlier in the year but she told us the gifts would be a surprise!)

IMG_0196_zps9b2d3e45.jpg

IMG_0197_zpsc2cc8b8a.jpg

IMG_0199_zps57980e26.jpg

So we had a quick look at the baskets, sent Jennifer a message to say thanks and then headed for bed at 9.30!

2nd September

We managed to stay asleep until almost 8 this morning!

IMG_0200_zpsdcfffa50.jpg

Then we headed across to Artist’s Palette for breakfast. We popped our drinks back to the room and then we headed off to the Magic Kingdom.

As we were in the car we parked at the TTC and then rode the ferryboat across the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Almost immediately we entered the park we saw Mary Poppins so I decided to meet her – I forgot to get her autograph though...would need to do that later in the trip.

IMG_1028_zps00c9c911.jpg

IMG_1030_zpsa0bdc5cc.jpg

(The gift basket had included an autograph book and so I finally had an excuse to collect autographs!)

As we had arrived in the park fairly late we started off with a wander around Tomorrowland. We picked up a fastpass for Space Mountain then took a ride on the Peoplemover followed by a whirl on the Carousel of Progress.

We then saw Stitch so I grabbed a photo and got my first autograph!

IMG_1033_zps3e065fce.jpg

We had a quick ride on Space Mountain and then it was time to leave as we were planning on going to a Rodeo this afternoon.

As it turned out the Rodeo was a bit further away than we had thought. As a result we arrived about an hour after it had started – but the entry charge was only $10 each.

The rodeo was quite fun – lots of different activities including bull riding and some very fast horses! About an hour into the rodeo a mega storm arrived so we had to abandon the bleachers and stand really close to the fence to stay dry!

DSC01789_zps2bdb081c.jpg

DSC01790_zpsb13ff3e8.jpg

Once the rodeo was over we headed back to Disney. The rain had stopped as soon as it arrived (as is standard) although there was a little rain on the way back.

The plan for this evening was to head to the Boardwalk to have dinner at ESPN Club.

For some reason they don’t take advance reservations but as it turned out we really didn’t need them... we arrived and were seated immediately and the place seemed very empty!

Dinner was way too much food – and I took half of my dessert in a to-go box as I didn’t want to waste it!

IMG_0205_zps4a415ae6.jpg

IMG_0206_zps4be1ccf7.jpg

We were still quite tired so we headed back and had an early night.

3rd September

This morning we headed over to Hollywood Studios. As we had a lunch reservation we decided to skip breakfast and grab a little snack. When we arrived Toy Story Mania was broken down but we got a fastpass for later anyway.

We decided to head towards Star Tours and on the way we saw Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater so we got the photopass lady to take a few pictures.

The line for Star Tours was non existent as would be the theme for this morning as the park was extremely quiet! I was the spy on the ride... which was the first time either of us had been picked.

IMG_1038_zps1df16bbf.jpg

IMG_1040_zps1dc00d2a.jpg

IMG_0212_zpsa7d6de4d.jpg

Decided to head over to Tower of Terror and again we had a very short wait. We then decided to have a little rest and get a frozen lemonade 
I had never seen the Indiana Jones show so we decided to do that this morning. After it finished a short but heavy rain storm came over, we hid out in a shop for a few minutes and then ventured back out. We were waiting for our reservation at Sci Fi Diner.

We checked in and were seated a few minutes later. I always hear mixed reviews of this restaurant but we really liked it. I had a sandwich and cucumber salad so much less food than if I had fries and managed to get a fruit salad for dessert! I did have the milkshake for my drink though so I didn’t exactly miss out!

IMG_0216_zps5ce11e01.jpg

IMG_0218_zpsc07f5f19.jpg

As we were leaving we decided to ask how much it would cost to upgrade our tickets to annual passes – we are coming back in December and had heard that the price can vary. With our DVC discount we were quoted $130 each to upgrade so we went ahead and changed our tickets.

We were heading back to the room for a rest and when we arrived our keys no longer worked. I was half expecting this as we had just done the upgrade.

A quick trip to the Carriage house and a slightly confused cast member managed to fix our keys with the help of a supervisor.

It was all sorted fairly quickly and was just a minor annoyance as we now had to walk back to the room to get our mugs so that we could walk back across to get drinks!

We had a little rest in the room and then headed to the Magic Kingdom for a little while in the evening. We took a quick trip around on the railroad and got off at New Fantasyland.

We took advantage of the fact that Dumbo now doesn’t have such crazy lines to take a quick ride. Then we had a go on one of the new rides – the Little Mermaid.

We decided to watch the fireworks from Fantasyland – it’s different than from Main Street but much less crowded and you feel like you are in the middle of the display.

IMG_0219_zpsa0286429.jpg

After the fireworks we headed off back to the room.

Love it! Count me in on following your trip report. We are considering SSR for our next trip too so it's nice to see the pictures.

4th September

We grabbed breakfast at Artist’s Palate again this morning. I forgot to mention earlier we were on the Disney Dining Plan for this trip – I know most people will say that breakfasts aren’t the best use of our credits....but it’s the only way we could even attempt all that food!

Afterward we headed over to the Animal Kingdom. We started off with the Safari and saw quite a few animals. No lions though I think we were a little late in the morning for them.

We then wandered one of the trails before heading over to Camp Minnie-Mickey (although this seems oddly named now that the named characters meet elsewhere!).

I decided to join the line to meet King Louie and Baloo. Whilst we were waiting a family with small children for some reason decided to allow the children to creep past us. When it was time for us to meet the characters the small children had overtaken us and rushed in to see them!

To be fair it didn’t delay us especially but I do find it mildly annoying when people assume we won’t mind when these things happen. I know I’m 32 but if I get in a line to meet characters it’s because I want to meet them....not watch other people meet characters!

Rant over.....

We then decided to head across towards Everest...on the way we decided to watch Flights of Wonder. We have never watched this before and it was a fun show.

IMG_0227_zps1585daae.jpg

IMG_0242_zps59f0b795.jpg

IMG_0246_zpsec495e58.jpg

We picked up fast passes for Everest and then took a wander over to Dinosaur – it’s always a bit bumpy but we have to ride it once a trip.

The line for Dinosaur was about 30 mins which seemed quite a long line considering that the parks were extremely quiet but maybe everyone really likes Dino?! Anyway, I was quite enjoying a break in the air conditioning!

Finished up with Dino and headed back over to ride Everest but by this time it was experiencing technical difficulties. We decided to get the first soft serve ice cream of the trip and then afterward went to see the Tigers.

IMG_0253_zps453e1dbf.jpg

IMG_0263_zps6859870a.jpg

We popped back to see if Everest was back up but it was still broken so we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.

We had our much anticipated dinner at Be Our Guest this evening.

DSC01792_zps2565a3d6.jpg

Our reservation was for 7.40 so we arrived a little early and were seated promptly. We were seated in the Ballroom which was just like the movie. The room feels a little big to eat in but that does fit the theme of a ballroom!

DSC01796_zps9313f208.jpg

We were on the dining plan and I decided to try the steak (I don’t often eat steak). Rob was also having the steak and he had his cooked well done (rather than medium which is his normal preference) to make absolutely certain that mine would arrive well done as requested.

I think it would have been fine anyway but he offered! Oddly we did not get provided with steak knives but we didn’t have any major issues. The fries were lovely!

DSC01797_zpsf8802e12.jpg

Then for dessert we had the chocolate cupcakes. As expected they were difficult to get into....but with a little perseverance we were in...and it was worth the effort!

DSC01804_zpsf383ef71.jpg

Whilst we were eating the Beast left for his break and then when he returned he checked on all 3 dining rooms. I liked that all of the wait staff stopped what they were doing and bowed when the beast passed – it seemed to fit with the storyline from the movie.

After we had finished eating we took a quick look in the other rooms. I loved the West Wing – much smaller but the theme was fantastic. The other room was a little odd and had more of a counter service feel to it...but there were very few tables being used in this room.

I must admit I felt a little odd wandering around the other rooms whilst people were eating. I felt like I was intruding whilst in the West Wing....!

DSC01805_zps5ed58dab.jpg

DSC01806_zps16cf2813.jpg

DSC01810_zps60f42efa.jpg

Before we left we headed in to meet the Beast, we had a short wait and then had our picture taken. Having not met the Beast before I was quite surprised by his height...he was much bigger than I expected.

As we left I stopped to take a few more pictures. The podium had been removed by now and the foyer was much quieter than when we had arrived earlier.

DSC01812_zps3af56263.jpg

DSC01814_zps61d694db.jpg

Overall we had a really good night. I do wish they had kept the chicken dish as the hen rather than the current choice as I would much prefer that as an option but the venue itself was excellent.

I have a reservation for our December trip so that I can show Rob’s mum the castle!

After dinner we decided not to stay in the park for Wishes, we hopped on the monorail and despite a brief holding period (grr) we managed to watch from the ferryboat dock. Much less crowded than in the park and more relaxing!

5th September

This morning we had breakfast booked at Cape May Cafe. Our reservation was for 8.45 and we were quite early so we waited in the lobby before checking in.

Once we checked in we were seated quite quickly. Our server was a lovely lady who offered to take photos with the characters if we wanted them together.

We met a couple of the characters quite quickly and then got some food. The character interaction was quite good at this meal and it was quite quiet in the restaurant (considering the number of children around).

IMG_1059_zps264f13aa.jpg

IMG_1061_zps6986c5b3.jpg

DSC01816_zps45e23816.jpg

Overall I quite enjoyed breakfast here; the choice of food was good and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Now, I‘m not sure if we were slow eating or if the characters were fast, but we somehow managed to meet them all twice during our meal.

Once we were finished we headed across to Epcot. We had a quick ride on Spaceship Earth and then went to get fast passes for Test Track. We then decided to head to the Land so that we could pick up a fast pass for Soarin’ before riding Test Track.

On the way we popped into the Character Spot and met Mickey, Pluto and Minnie. I think it’s a shame you can’t see the characters from outside anymore. It used to be quite fun being able to see them inside as you walked past.

We continued to the Land to collect our fast pass for Soarin then we walked onto Living with the Land before popping back to ride Test Track.

The new Test Track was quite fun although the design bit felt a bit rushed. I did not know at this point that you could design the car at your leisure in the after show area.

We headed back to ride Soarin’ and then grabbed another fast pass as return times were still not too far away.

We headed back out and somehow along the way we spotted Peter Pan on his way to a Meet and Greet so I went to meet him and get another autograph.

DSC01825_zps60db939f.jpg

Then we decided to ride the Nemo ride – I’m sure we have been on this before but not for a while because we completely forgot about all the fish in here!

We stayed and looked at the fish for a little while and then went to ride Soarin’ again. I may have mentioned before that Rob is not a big fan of Soarin’ – he now calls it Snorin’ or Borin’ but I love it!

We were finished with Future World for the day so we went to the World Showcase. We saw Duffy on the way in so I got a photo.

DSC01826_zpsbcbaf62f.jpg

Popped into Mexico to ride the boat, I wanted to meet Mexican Donald but his line is always long and so I skipped it and went on to Norway to Maelstrom instead.

We skipped past China and ended up getting an early dinner in the USA. I managed to get some fruit instead of more dessert! We got around to Morocco and then it started raining – really heavily. We sheltered in Fez House for a while and waited for it to pass.

IMG_0272_zps06b5dec3.jpg

Once the rain had stopped we continued round to the UK and had a looked in the shops. Rob was stunned by the cost of some of the items in the UK compared to that in the real UK! Really expensive!

We decided to watch the Canada movie as we had never seen it before – that is a weird feeling with the pictures all around you.

DSC01829_zpsa816e0a6.jpg

Once we got back outside it was like there had never been any rain all day!
We decided to find a spot for the fireworks in a fairly central position – just along from where Duffy meets. We sat on the ground for a while and eventually more people gathered. It was still quite quiet and it was not too crowded for the show.

We had a great view and it was a nice end to the day. I think this was the first time we had ever stayed at Epcot without having a midday break!

Fireworks over, we headed back to the parking lot. It was a short walk as we were in row 9!

6th September

We had a late start this morning and decided to go to Wolfgang Pucks at the Marketplace for breakfast. I thought this was quite good but Rob wasn’t as impressed.

We went back to SSR to do some laundry and then we spent some time at the pool. It was obvious that a storm was coming but somehow we ended up getting soaked on the very short run back from the pool to the room!

The rain seemed set in for a while so we waited but we were going to Via Napoli for dinner so ended up getting wet again.

We got quite wet on the way there but we had quite a nice dinner. We had eaten here on our last trip and this time I had a pasta dish. It was really nice but I couldn’t finish it.

Managed to squeeze in a Tiramisu somehow :)

It was still wet when we were finished so we skipped Illuminations and went back to the room.

7th September

This morning we headed back to the Magic Kingdom. On the way in we saw Mary Poppins again and I got her autograph after forgetting the other day!

DSC01848_zps636665c4.jpg

We decided to have an early lunch at Pecos Bills, we took a quick ride in Pirates of the Caribbean on the way.

After lunch we took a ride on Splash Mountain and then Big Thunder – both had short waits.

IMG_1066_zps0566b028.jpg

We then went on Haunted Mansion before grabbing a fast pass for Peter Pan for later.

During our trip we had called home a couple of times (using facetime) and we had agreed to call Rob’s parents so that the children (niece and nephew) could see some of Disney. We had earlier called them from the Animal Kingdom but it wasn’t Disney enough for them!

We then proceeded to take them on a mega video tour of the Magic Kingdom. They managed to hook up the apple TV and so we able to watch the picture on the TV.

We basically walked all the way around the park showing them all the landmarks. It was mega hot and really tiring as we weren’t walking slowly! I met Stitch on the way round because the kids wanted to see a character.

IMG_0275_zps84ca553f.jpg

Then when we ended up in Town Square the line for Marie was relatively short so I lined up for a quick photo and autograph!

IMG_0284_zpsa5f523af.jpg

We ended the call (after almost an hour) and then got a drink because we were so hot! Then we headed back over to Fantasyland as it was almost time for our Peter Pan FP.

We had time for a quick trip on It’s a small world which Rob loves (or not!). Got on Peter Pan with our FP and then decided it was time for our afternoon break.

We caught a little bit of the parade on our way back - the beast saw me taking his picture and posed for me :)

IMG_0303_zpsd1b9937d.jpg

IMG_0307_zps2eef39ce.jpg

IMG_0308_zpsaf6f9ce4.jpg

We each got a frozen drink on the way out and sat on a bench just before the park exit to eat them before we left.

Back to the room for a shower and a rest before we headed to Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier this evening.

IMG_0319_zps977cec48.jpg

Off we went to Epcot and headed over to Canada. We were a little early and when we arrived we heard them telling people that they were only checking you in 10 minutes before your reservation time. This was a theme across our trip – despite the Disney site recommending you arrive 15 minutes in advance we found that several of the restaurants contradicted this.

All checked in and we were seated right on time. Our server introduced herself and took our drinks order. As I have mentioned before I normally don’t eat steak but I decided that I should try it again tonight.

IMG_0311_zps87f36a40.jpg

IMG_0313_zps748adb11.jpg

Rob ordered the Dry-Aged Bone-In Rib-Eye (Medium) and I had the Mushroom Filet Mignon (Well done). Whilst we were waiting we had the bread brought out, I tried all 3 types and the butter was lovely! Much better than the butter we normally find in the restaurants.

We had quite the surprise when the food arrived! Rob’s steak was massive and much bigger than we expected.

IMG_0314_zps5ed57edc.jpg

IMG_0315_zps29fe522f.jpg

We decided that it would be his challenge for the evening to eat it! He did manage the steak but left quite a few of the potatoes!

IMG_0316_zps95a83cd3.jpg

After a suitable break we ordered dessert. I had the Neopolitan Cappuccino Cake and Rob had the White Chocolate Cheesecake. Somehow he managed to eat that as well!

IMG_0318_zpsacbf042d.jpg

Overall we had a great meal, my steak was lovely – I might consider eating it occasionally now. Rob said his was really good – I tasted a tiny bit but I don’t like pink meat!

I have read many mixed reviews about Le Cellier and I’m not sure why. The tables were not as close together as I was expecting (from the complaints) and both the food and service were great. We will most definitely return on another trip (although not in December).

We decided not to stay for Illuminations as we were so full!

8th September

We had a fairly late start this morning and decided to get a sandwich from the Earl of Sandwich (we love them) before heading out to do some shopping.

We went to the Florida Mall because we always like a visit here – although we rarely buy anything! We had a look around and then decided to head to some of the outlets.

We went to Premium Outlets and were surprised at how busy the parking lot was. It was really hard to find a space – we refused to valet park and eventually got a space just as we were going to give up!

I got a few tops in Banana Republic and Ann Taylor whilst Rob got some new shorts in Timberland. Took us quite a long time to wander around all the shops and before we knew it we had to head back as we were having dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

I was super adventurous (well not really) and drove from Saratoga Springs to Downtown Disney....which was the first time I have ever driven over here!

After dinner we headed to Epcot to watch Illuminations again.

9th September

We were up early this morning as we had breakfast booked at Tusker House at 8.45.

We got to the park and arrived at the restaurant a few minutes early. There was quite a long line for the photo with Donald but it moved quite quickly.
We were seated after our photo and it was much noisier in the restaurant than it had been at Cape May Cafe. We met Mickey quite quickly and then went to the buffet to find some food.

DSC01849_zps8762dd1e.jpg

DSC01850_zpsa672d648.jpg

We got back to our table and it seemed as though Daisy was approaching but then all the characters seemed to disappear to do a dance.

Somehow when they returned Daisy managed to miss us out which was slightly annoying – we were a table in the middle of three and it seemed quite easy to miss out.

Thankfully Goofy had no such problems – and he also demanded my autograph book to sign! I had the book ready for Daisy but had met Goofy earlier in the trip so wasn’t planning on getting him to sign....but it seemed rude to refuse!

DSC01851_zps1a26155b.jpg

DSC01852_zps63fd301f.jpg

We waited to see if Daisy might reappear but there did not seem to be much chance so I mentioned it to our server as I was really keen to meet Daisy especially in her safari outfit.

We were told that we could meet her once we were done and sure enough we were taken to see Daisy once we were ready to leave.

DSC01854_zps9e032c70.jpg

We went for a little walk around and I really wanted to meet Russell and Dug so we went in search of them. I got in the line as they were on a break...unfortunately only Russell returned which was a shame but I was still pleased to meet him.

IMG_0323_zpscae535d3.jpg

We decided then to go and watch It’s tough to be a bug which we had never watched before. It was quite a good show although I was unhappy to be stung by the wasp and also creeped out by the bumpy seats at the end!

We then went across to Rafiki’s planet watch to see if we could find him.

Sure enough he was there and had a reasonably short line so I went to meet him.

DSC01857_zpsf58fd0a0.jpg

Afterwards we found the little dark rooms that you can sit in and listen to a little show. It wasn’t quite what I was expecting though!

We had unfortunately missed the procedures for the day and so we went to visit with the animals. We quite liked watching the goats – they would come out of the little ‘rest’ areas and literally run to the other area and dodge straight under the ropes!

IMG_0328_zpsefe3008e.jpg

We finished up and headed back to the rest of the park. We got a few photopass pics on the way out and then just after Rob came back from the restroom I noticed that he didn’t have the photopass plus card on his lanyard anymore!

We went to the photo place and explained (luckily I had taken a photo earlier in the trip) and they replaced the card with a new one (which I promptly took a photo of).

We continued back to the resort and spent some of the afternoon at the paddock pool.

We got dinner at the Wolfgang puck express (Westside) and then popped across to the TTC to watch Wishes. It was a little more crowded tonight but better than watching from Main Street!

Apologies to anyone reading for the delay....I've been editing my photo pass pictures before they expire. So, there will be a little more waiting till the next update :)

Found your thread when looking for people's reports on Saratoga. Really enjoyed your report so far- following along for the rest! :D

I finally managed to edit all my photopass pictures - so back to the trip!

10th September

This morning we had another late start as we were heading to the Halloween party tonight and so were in no hurry to go anywhere.

We skipped breakfast and headed to Downtown Disney for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. We had a nice meal but there did seem to be quite a few empty tables. Also, I took this photo – yellow mustard?!

IMG_0341_zps824b7bb7.jpg

IMG_0342_zps516b5a98.jpg

We then decided to take a ride on a pontoon boat. We have done this on several trips and we quite like them, it can be quite relaxing.

IMG_0350_zps229653fe.jpg

IMG_0355_zps30701d99.jpg

IMG_0356_zpsea8a04f0.jpg

However, if you are going to take a boat ride I suggest doing so at one of the resorts that access the Seven Seas Lagoon. The Sassagoula river is quite busy and there is a lot of traffic on a relatively narrow channel which can be quite challenging at times!

Boat ride over and we grabbed a slushie drink from Goofys. Then we went back to the resort to get ready for the party.

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom at around 6pm and I headed into Town Square Theatre to meet Mickey quickly. I was wearing my Mickey and Minnie Halloween T-shirt and Mickey seemed quite impressed :)

We headed over to Splash Mountain to see if the Seven Dwarfs were still meeting over here on party nights but they had moved this year.

So, we took a quick ride on Splash and then got in line to buy some special pins. There was quite a big line but we got in eventually!

We headed across towards Fantasyland and saw the Seven Dwarfs along the way – they had a massive line so we skipped it. We collected a little bit of candy along the way and then I met Gaston outside his tavern.

We decided not to watch the first parade so we headed down to Storybook Circus and then Tomorrowland. I decided to meet Buzz as he had a really short line.

As there was no dessert party we decided to watch Hallowishes from Tomorrowland Terrace. We got some chairs and sat next to the barrier. It was an excellent view for Celebrate the Magic and the fireworks and was so nice not to be surrounded by people for once!

DSC01861_zps3e46980f.jpg

DSC01864_zpsbf0f0c83.jpg

DSC01868_zpsf9ab1ae0.jpg

After the fireworks we headed away from Main Street to find a parade spot. We ended up in Liberty Square near the bell. We found a spot behind a rope where no one would stand behind us :) It was excellent not to be pushed around or have someone push in front of us!

DSC01872_zpse3166f89.jpg

After the parade (which we love) we went about collecting candy. I always take some back for my work colleagues and we use it for Halloween at home (we are quite popular in our neighbourhood). We managed to get 2 cast members in Storybook Circus competing against each other and they essentially filled 2 bags in one go (there was no one else in the line!)

We eventually collected around 8 kilos of candy (it was most of my hand luggage on the way home)!

IMG_0365_zps0b212744.jpg

We eventually headed out of the park shortly after 12 and took the ferryboat back to the car park. We got back to the room around 1am!

11th September

After our late night we had another late start this morning. We headed across to Downtown Disney for another Earl of Sandwich lunch! Then we did some shopping – Rob had been trying to find some new sunglasses and finally picked a pair of Oakleys after much deliberation!

We stopped and facetimed home again – the kids were excited by the mention of shopping!

Then we decided to pop over to Epcot – we saw the Illuminations barges being brought out. We had originally planned dinner at Paradiso 37 for tonight but we changed our mind and decided instead to go to Tony’s in the Magic Kingdom. I swapped our ADR using the app and had quite a few choices available.

DSC01876_zpse1c43b00.jpg

DSC01879_zpsd5308e36.jpg

We popped back to the room and then over to the Magic Kingdom. I picked up a fast pass for the Princess meet and greet so that I could get some more autographs in my book.

We had dinner as planned in Tony’s (although for some reason the ADR that I had made had not come through on their system), the food was just ok but our server was great and it was nice being in the Lady and the Tramp themed restaurant!

DSC01881_zps6b1ad22e.jpg

DSC01883_zpsd625e255.jpg

We watched Wishes from Main Street which was quite crowded and reminded me once again why I like to stay at Bay Lake Tower with a Magic Kingdom view.

Afterward we headed to Town Square Theatre to meet the princesses. Oddly, they were on a break and we ended up waiting about 20 minutes but we were the only people in the fast pass line and so they let us through first. I met Rapunzel, Princess Aurora and Cinderella!

Once we were done we headed back to the room for the night.

12th September

Another late start this morning and so we got lunch at Artist’s Palate and then we popped to Walmart and Target to buy some Halloween stuff for when we got home.

We had dinner planned for Yak and Yeti this afternoon so we headed to the Animal Kingdom. We arrived and another mega storm arrived! We hadn’t even got to the front gate and we would have been completely soaked if we had continued to the restaurant.

So, I cancelled our ADR using my app and changed our ADR to Sanaa for about an hour later. We stayed in the gift shop until the rain reduced a little and then we got back in the car and drove to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Thankfully they have an undercover parking lot and so we stayed dry. We had a quick look around and then checked in for our ADR. We were seated quickly and got a table by the window and so we could see the animals while we ate!

IMG_0368_zps6e75d75b.jpg

IMG_0370_zps78932997.jpg

IMG_0372_zps4a907036.jpg

We were pleasantly surprised by the food here. We weren’t sure what to expect but our meal was lovely and we are going back again in December!

After dinner we went for a look around outside as the rain had stopped. We could see lots of the animals and we really liked the look of the resort.

IMG_0376_zps4e2ee34e.jpg

IMG_0392_zps8a2a20fa.jpg

Back to the room early as we have an early start tomorrow.

13th September

The alarm went off at 6.30am this morning :( We headed over to the Magic Kingdom for breakfast at Crystal Palace. We took the resort monorail across and headed into the park around 8 and got our picture taken on Main Street with hardly anyone in the background.

Breakfast was great and I got my photo taken with Pooh and friends. I have however decided that a early reservation in the Magic Kingdom is too early for holidays...! Next time we are going for 9.25 so we don’t have to get up so early.

IMG_0397_zps96efe950.jpg

DSC01913_zpsa6e9b4b1.jpg

DSC01916_zps299bef22.jpg

DSC01918_zps93475ee6.jpg

After breakfast we had a few more photos taken outside the restaurant and then we walked back towards the front of the park.

We got a ride back down Main Street on the fire truck and got some nice photos on the way down. We also had a few great pictures taken by one of the photopass photographers on the way down when we had to stop to allow the Main Street Trolley show pass by.

IMG_0405_zpsd7c0b75e.jpg

IMG_0413_zpse7a24aa2.jpg

We headed into Fantasyland and went on the carousel followed by It’s a Small World and the Haunted Mansion.

I stopped to meet Chip ‘n’ Dale in their cowboy outfits as I had seen them loads of times on our trip but they had always had a long line.

Unfortunately I managed to upset Dale – I hugged Chip and then handed him my autograph book and so Dale thought I was ignoring him and so sulked for a little while. Then Chip decided to find me some leaves and twigs as a gift!

We went and got a quick drink in Pecos Bills before having a ride on Pirates before heading out of the park. We picked up a new polo shirt for Rob before we left.

As we were leaving I spotted Snow White with no line and so we had a quick photo on our way out.

Back at the resort we went and did some laundry at the Paddock pool. Rob started on the ironing whilst I went and got us a cheese flatbread for a snack.

Great TR so far, I can't believe how quiet it is and can't wait for the kids to finish school so we can go at off peak times :goodvibes

We planned to leave for the Villains night at Hollywood studios at around 7. I was expecting the park to be busy but I was not expecting the traffic chaos that followed!

DSC01920_zpsed4a59a0.jpg

We got into the most massive traffic jam and sat in traffic for about an hour and a half. We eventually made it to the gas station at the Boardwalk (we were almost out of gas) and at this point we assumed that something had gone wrong to lead to all this traffic chaos.

DSC01924_zpsd3f134ff.jpg

DSC01929_zpse1841493.jpg

They weren’t letting anyone into the parking lot and so we went back to Saratoga Springs where we discovered that the traffic chaos had been due to the amount of people trying to get into the park.

We then decided to go to Downtown Disney to get some food but there was nowhere to park so we abandoned that plan and got more flatbreads at Artist’s Palate.

I was really disappointed to miss the Villains night but looking at reviews after the event there were so many people there that I am glad we didn’t get in!

14th September

Another late start this morning (have you noticed a trend?) so we headed back to Downtown Disney for another Earl of Sandwich!

Then we went over to Epcot for a little while. We picked up fast passes for Soarin’ then walked onto the Land before heading to the World Showcase.

Took a quick ride in Mexico – there is never a wait for this ride in our experience! Norway had a 20 or 30 minute wait though so we passed on that!

IMG_0484_zps4c5a70d6.jpg

IMG_0486_zpsc713177d.jpg

Headed to the US to get a soft serve ice cream and I’m fairly sure we called home at some point whilst we were here.

We wandered around to the UK and caught a little bit of the band performing.

By now it was time to use our fast pass for Soarin’ so we did that. I wanted to wait for a front row seat but Rob refused to let me ask....!
We finished up and did a quick last ride on Spaceship Earth before we left Epcot for the last time.

We went for our afternoon rest in the room for a couple of hours then headed to the Magic Kingdom for the evening.

We got dinner at Cosmic Rays – it was really busy tonight. We had the chicken sandwich; it was ok, not great. I wanted to eat my chocolate cake so didn’t eat the whole sandwich!

We decided to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway – Rob drove *** he always complains about my driving. As I got out the car behind hit us really hard – the small child driving had speeded up and her mother didn’t even seem apologetic! If I had been a child I most likely would have fallen over!

Next up, a classic – the teacups! Quickly followed by meeting all the characters in Storybook Circus as they had very short lines!

We watched Celebrate the Magic and Wishes from the hub. It was quite busy so we decided to get a drink and wait for the crowds to leave.

Unfortunately this plan didn’t exactly work....even when we left there were still huge queues for the monorail and the ferry.

We got in the line for the resort launch instead and headed across to the Poly and then walked from there to the TTC. We probably didn’t get across any faster but it was much less crowded than the other two!

15th September

Last day :( So we got up this morning and packed our bags. We decided not to bother with check-in at Downtown Disney so we dropped our bags with bell services and then headed to the Magic Kingdom.

We took a quick ride on Space Mountain quickly followed by the People Mover. Buzz had a 25 min wait so we got a fast pass for after lunch.

We had our last reservation at The Plaza so we went across and checked in. We walked in and were quite surprised – it was much smaller inside than I had expected.

IMG_0491_zpsa2f90b0d.jpg

We both had sandwiches for lunch and then I ordered a sundae and Rob got another giant Brownie sundae! 3 times he ordered the each same thing in different restaurants and every time he was surprised!

IMG_0492_zpscdd1eaf2.jpg

IMG_0494_zpsd038a58c.jpg

We headed back to ride Buzz. I started off really well and was beating Rob by miles but the ride slowed down (presumably to allow someone to get on or off) and he overtook me :(

We wandered over to Adventureland for a final look around and decided to have a look at the Swiss Robinson Treehouse. I had been trying to meet Aladdin and Jasmine for the whole trip so I got in the line whilst Rob went to look in a couple of shops.

Jasmine told me that I could take one of the Magic Carpets to get home instead of a plane!

We went back to Saratoga Springs to collect our bags.

We had 1 counter service credit remaining so I thought I would see if I could just get the drink – no deal :( Apparently I could have a Danish, fruit and a drink but I knew we wouldn’t eat them (not hungry after lunch) and it seemed a waste of food so I didn’t bother.

The drive to the airport took no time at all and so here we were with bags of time to spare. We headed to check-in and were asked if we wanted to upgrade.

We were going to settle on extra leg room seats but then decided to splurge on Premium Economy. It was £199 each but who cares?!

We were quickly through security and then we waited for ages... We boarded the plane and were offered a drink – we both declined.

Not long after we got airborne there was a guy across the aisle and back a row who took exception to the people in front reclining their seats! He went absolutely crazy and kept pushing the seat – really hitting it hard and yelling about how inconsiderate they were!

The cabin crew had to intervene and eventually he was moved – the lady he was travelling with looked really embarrassed. We don’t know exactly what happened but he was moved to economy in the extra leg room seats....

The rest of the flight was peaceful and it was much more comfortable than economy.

IMG_1080_zps3c518700.jpg

Was worth the upgrade but how will we go back next time?!

Here is a piccy of all our Halloween candy:

IMG_0497_zps9a22821f.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter