LL+ time changed on me AFTER purchase

Stop purchasing LL. Let your money talk for you.
As much as I would like to do this, the alternative is to wait in long lines... I don't want to sacrifice time on my vacation so even if it's not ideal, I'll take what I can get to get shorter waits.

As much as I would like to do this, the alternative is to wait in long lines... I don't want to sacrifice time on my vacation so even if it's not ideal, I'll take what I can get to get shorter waits.

Then Disney is not incentivized to change or fix issues in any way, shape, or form.

what does this mean? the programming is intentionally bait and switch?
No. It means that, for whatever reason, they did not build in a period of time that your selection is saved for you. Or they didn't build in enough. It means it's their program, and their design.

I’m worried about our HS day in April. We’re staying at BC and want to take advantage of that pool. Our plan is to do a mid-day break at noon and then return to the park around 5pm. I plan to get an ILL$ for RoR, but my fear is that our return time will end up somewhere around 2pm. This is right smack dab in the middle of our planned break. I feel like this placing $60 on black at the roulette table and seeing what hits.

Thinking about reasons why Disney would want the system to be status quo, that is, you get what you get right at 7am, I think this is up there. Disney wants you the parks. They don’t want you to leave or leave and come back. It’s in their best interest to keep you there spending money. This “glitch” or “feature” is one way of doing that. If I get that 2pm return time, I’m forced to stay an extra 2-3 hours, buy lunch, and then go on my break, or I’m forced to leave at 11am for my break, come back at 2pm, and buy extra snacks for the extra 3 hours I wasn’t prepared to be in the park.

Just something to chew on as to why Disney may not jump to fix this right away. It just fits the current plan of bumping up the nickel and diming everyone. “Oh the time we randomly gave you doesn’t work because you are not in our park spending money?” C‘est La Vie!

What happens if you time changes to earlier and you miss it because you weren't glued to your phone? I want to love G+, but pre-planning made our trips so great, it's hard to imagine having a good time on the fly with return times out of your control.

Happened to us last week with FOP. Showed 9:45 and purchased and was 1:45, during our Beaches and Crème reservation. Went to Disney desk in the Swan Hotel and they got us one for 3:45 after our lunch, but they were annoyed and basically told us “not doing this again for you” Oh, thank you!? Just another “Magical” experience during our week.

Happened to us last week with FOP. Showed 9:45 and purchased and was 1:45, during our Beaches and Crème reservation. Went to Disney desk in the Swan Hotel and they got us one for 3:45 after our lunch, but they were annoyed and basically told us “not doing this again for you” Oh, thank you!? Just another “Magical” experience during our week.
Zero excuse for the side helping of attitude.

they were annoyed and basically told us “not doing this again for you” Oh, thank you!? Just another “Magical” experience during our week.
And it is experiences we had in 2018 just like that which have caused us to sour on the parks and resorts. That 2018 trip was so bad that my wife wrote a five page letter to GR about it. They called us at home and spoke to her then offered us the stay that we're using next week. For the first time, not one person in my family including me (the planner) is excited about the trip. There's no plans for Disney after this because of everything they've taken away, but especially because of the loss of stellar customer service.

No. It means that, for whatever reason, they did not build in a period of time that your selection is saved for you. Or they didn't build in enough. It means it's their program, and their design.

Maybe.

Or maybe they are running the only software system in the world where something like....50 thousand people?... log on at the exact same moment to try and get reservations. And that proves hard to run...and it's amazing it works at all.

I really don't know I am not a software engineer. Maybe there are some around here that could opine. Maybe it really is just a bad piece of software.

Maybe.

Or maybe they are running the only software system in the world where something like....50 thousand people?... log on at the exact same moment to try and get reservations. And that proves hard to run...and it's amazing it works at all.

I really don't know I am not a software engineer. Maybe there are some around here that could opine. Maybe it really is just a bad piece of software.
Ticketmaster and Amazon manage to do it.

Feel free to keep making excuses for Disney though.

not aware of single point of ressie type stuff at Amazon. Does everyone want something at the same time there sometimes?

I thought about Ticketmaster and I don't have an answer...I do wonder if single choice makes a difference. i.e. everyone who logs on to get tickets for Red Hot Show/Band for their venue wants the same thing....a ticket in their town...and at the same time...when the show is scheduled to start. Also...TM does do a ton of pre-sale type stuff...spreading out demand. I really don't know though. I am just a half glass full kinda person I guess so it it isn't excuses it's wondering why...beyond "Disney sucks" type thinking.

Maybe.

It is clear that Disney bit off more than they can chew with the current Genie changes. I recall similar things happened when they first rolled out MDE and FP+. It was my observation that Disney eventually fixed those problems or at least most of them. It worked smoothly for me as I stayed onsite and jumped thru the 60 day FP+ hoops.

I suspect they will fix the current problems.

The fact is that Disney should not have rolled this out if it was not ready for prime time. That is on Disney.

Even if they get all the operational issues fixed and folks do not have to wait on hold for 9 hours like I did a few weeks ago (cumulatively over 4 calls until I actually was able to talk to someone - who was friendly and solved my problem), they still need to figure out how to make the fixed system effective. Aside from dumping the whole Genie thing, I do not know what their options are aside from raising prices (to limit demand) or building even more rides or even a 5th park (to increase supply).

The current system may work better when they have GOTG-CR and Tron completed - to spread people out even more and have more options for G+/ILL$.

Last edited:
not aware of single point of ressie type stuff at Amazon. Does everyone want something at the same time there sometimes?

I thought about Ticketmaster and I don't have an answer...I do wonder if single choice makes a difference. i.e. everyone who logs on to get tickets for Red Hot Show/Band for their venue wants the same thing....a ticket in their town...and at the same time...when the show is scheduled to start. Also...TM does do a ton of pre-sale type stuff...spreading out demand. I really don't know though. I am just a half glass full kinda person I guess so it it isn't excuses it's wondering why...beyond "Disney sucks" type thinking.
Black Friday sale items?

And it is experiences we had in 2018 just like that which have caused us to sour on the parks and resorts. That 2018 trip was so bad that my wife wrote a five page letter to GR about it. They called us at home and spoke to her then offered us the stay that we're using next week. For the first time, not one person in my family including me (the planner) is excited about the trip. There's no plans for Disney after this because of everything they've taken away, but especially because of the loss of stellar customer service.

I hear you 100%. In the airport waiting for our flight home my wife, daughter, and I were ready to go back to Upstate NY (22 degrees and snow) for the 1st time ever in 9 trips! We are done. It was a great run, but no more. Heading to Universal and Disney Springs in May of 2023.

It is clear that Disney bit off more than they can chew with the current Genie changes. I recall similar things happened when they first rolled out MDE and FP+. It was my observation that Disney eventually fixed those problems or at least most of them. It worked smoothly for me as I stayed onsite and jumped thru the 60 day FP+ hoops.

I suspect they will fix the current problems.

The fact is that Disney should not have rolled this out if it was not ready for prime time. That is on Disney.

Even if they get all the operational issues fixed and folks do not have to wait on hold for 9 hours like I did a few weeks ago (cumulatively over 4 calls until I actually was able to talk to someone - who was friendly and solved my problem), they still need to figure out how to make the fixed system effective. Aside from dumping the whole Genie thing, I do not know what their options are aside from raising prices (to limit demand) or building even more rides or even a 5th park (to increase supply).

The current system may work better when they have GOTG-CR and Tron completed - to spread people out even more and have more options for G+/ILL$.

Well the time changing after purchase is very bad, agree with that for sure.

I suspect Disney had a hard time finding top notch programmers the last two years for obvious reasons. But yep I don't disagree that maybe it wasn't ready for prime time as far as full functionality.

For us, we used it well in Feb and accomplished all we wanted with it and it wasn't that hard.

As far as demand/supply...there are and always have been many ways to ride without long waits...Genie+, ILL$, get there at o'dark30, get in line at close or during fireworks. It really isn't that hard. But if people want short lines for all the big rides between 10am and 3pm....well that just isn't possible at any theme park, anywhere, ever. (well...it was possible with old original FP before when it was Disney's "best kept secret" but those days are long gone).

They are never going to keep building stuff until there aren't lines anywhere because that isn't a viable business model.

Disney feels that we would have a better experience with the time they select for us. Just like they are sure we would enjoy Genie+ better than FP+, love the cancellation of Magical Express, be excited about paying to park our car in a parking lot that they can utilize for no other practical purpose, enjoy coming back from a long day at the park to a room not touched by housekeeping, and talk glowingly to our friends about the lack of a nighttime parade at MK.

Yep, Disney knows what we want. Shame on any of us for questioning everything they do for us.

Are the $LL changing on people too? As in you select ROR for 11am, confirm your payment info, and then it changes to say 6pm?! We used it back in November and the regular genie+ rides would change... I would see 10 am, click, select our party of 6 and then get a time for much later... I could either confirm it or go back and try again (sometimes I could get the time to come back and stick by playing an annoying round of refresh/close app/go back in). I don't remember having an issue with the time changing when buying ROR or Remy.... I selected evening times though so maybe it worked since not as many were going for those times all at once?

The whole system is def a mess. We are going to see how things work without genie+ this summer. I'm trying to remain hopeful that it will continue to improve, but I feel awful for the families who are doing their one and done trip during this mess. Sure they don't have anything to compare it to, but just trying to explain genie+... where do I start?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter