LL+ time changed on me AFTER purchase

Ours changed a few hours AFTER we made it, and to clarify, we double checked our times when we entered the park, everything was as we did it when we made it around 7 (time was for 11:15). Double checked it as we headed to the ride at close to 11 to see it was changed to much later in the afternoon.

Are the $LL changing on people too? As in you select ROR for 11am, confirm your payment info, and then it changes to say 6pm?! We used it back in November and the regular genie+ rides would change... I would see 10 am, click, select our party of 6 and then get a time for much later... I could either confirm it or go back and try again (sometimes I could get the time to come back and stick by playing an annoying round of refresh/close app/go back in). I don't remember having an issue with the time changing when buying ROR or Remy.... I selected evening times though so maybe it worked since not as many were going for those times all at once?

The whole system is def a mess. We are going to see how things work without genie+ this summer. I'm trying to remain hopeful that it will continue to improve, but I feel awful for the families who are doing their one and done trip during this mess. Sure they don't have anything to compare it to, but just trying to explain genie+... where do I start?!?
I agree with the general sentiment here on $ILL's changing times esp. after payment. That's not right.

Re where to start on explaining G+ the dumbed down version I'd give my BIL would be:
  • Option to buy it for $15/pp by park open (after that, probably too late to be useful)
  • Book your 1st LL in MDE by park open (I'd give him a list of popular rides to shoot for)
  • Book your next LL's in MDE every 2 hours from the list (set an alarm to remind you)
BIL doesn't mind spending $ to skip lines so he'd probably try it at least once.

Are the $LL changing on people too? As in you select ROR for 11am, confirm your payment info, and then it changes to say 6pm?! We used it back in November and the regular genie+ rides would change... I would see 10 am, click, select our party of 6 and then get a time for much later... I could either confirm it or go back and try again (sometimes I could get the time to come back and stick by playing an annoying round of refresh/close app/go back in). I don't remember having an issue with the time changing when buying ROR or Remy.... I selected evening times though so maybe it worked since not as many were going for those times all at once?
Yes the ILL times change also. It happened to us for FOP, SDMT, and ROTR during President’s week. The first time I noticed randomly when I checked our genie day at some point after I booked and noticed FOP was for later than I had thought, after that I knew to watch for my email confirmation to make sure of the time. They usually took a little while to show up in our plans for the day but the email came quickly. Luckily the new times always worked, but obviously weren’t our first choices or I wound have picked that time to start with. Now I have learned to take a screen shot, although I hate to do anything to add more time, as I don’t want to wait in line at GS or the blue umbrellas and waste more park time if I don’t have to.

I would be walking away from Guest Services with a fist full of anytime passes.
We wasted SO much time dealing with issues with Genie+ and the guest service lines were horrendous and the only place we didn’t wait in line for help was the Dolphin hotels Disney kiosk (in store) but we were given attitude there for a mistake that ILL made when booking. With how much we paid for park tickets, Genie+ and ILL, we were spending and exorbitant amount of money to have so many issues. I don’t mind paying, and It was my choice, but Disneys IT is brutal.

We wasted SO much time dealing with issues with Genie+ and the guest service lines were horrendous and the only place we didn’t wait in line for help was the Dolphin hotels Disney kiosk (in store) but we were given attitude there for a mistake that ILL made when booking. With how much we paid for park tickets, Genie+ and ILL, we were spending and exorbitant amount of money to have so many issues. I don’t mind paying, and It was my choice, but Disneys IT is brutal.
Getting attitude at a Guest Services kiosk is a different level of unacceptable. But, even waiting in long lines to get to customer service solidifies my point. Guests should not be getting in line with expectations of receiving 'equal' value. If all they do is switch the Slinky Dog time back to what it was, the guest still loses because they had to wait in the long line to get it fixed. Disney should not only be making the original issue right, the guest should demand additional compensation, whether it be an anytime ride pass, a worthwhile store coupon, or preferred seating for fireworks/parades. Personally, I would go into that discussion with a mindset that I'm not settling for just one extra anytime ride pass, but probably 3-5 of them depending on how egregious the offense was.

And, please don't read into that and assume I'm going to bully the Customer Service Rep. I would probably warn them up front I'm frustrated and immediately ask for a supervisor. I understand that the initial customer service rep probably can't give me what I will be asking for. But, I would expect Supervisors to have more flexibility in what they can do.

Most of the time we've had to use customer service in the parks, it has been for things out of Disney's control (Hurricane Matthew cancelling a couple of our ADRs, someone in our party losing a camera, magic band, etc.). Those aren't Disney's fault, I would be wrong to be upset, and I would accept what they can offer. However, when Disney rolls out a product that does not work right, especially one that is lousy even without the glitches, Disney deserves to be held accountable.

Demand more and demand better.

Getting attitude at a Guest Services kiosk is a different level of unacceptable. But, even waiting in long lines to get to customer service solidifies my point. Guests should not be getting in line with expectations of receiving 'equal' value. If all they do is switch the Slinky Dog time back to what it was, the guest still loses because they had to wait in the long line to get it fixed. Disney should not only be making the original issue right, the guest should demand additional compensation, whether it be an anytime ride pass, a worthwhile store coupon, or preferred seating for fireworks/parades. Personally, I would go into that discussion with a mindset that I'm not settling for just one extra anytime ride pass, but probably 3-5 of them depending on how egregious the offense was.

And, please don't read into that and assume I'm going to bully the Customer Service Rep. I would probably warn them up front I'm frustrated and immediately ask for a supervisor. I understand that the initial customer service rep probably can't give me what I will be asking for. But, I would expect Supervisors to have more flexibility in what they can do.

Most of the time we've had to use customer service in the parks, it has been for things out of Disney's control (Hurricane Matthew cancelling a couple of our ADRs, someone in our party losing a camera, magic band, etc.). Those aren't Disney's fault, I would be wrong to be upset, and I would accept what they can offer. However, when Disney rolls out a product that does not work right, especially one that is lousy even without the glitches, Disney deserves to be held accountable.

Your not going to get anything more than the one you purchased changed/refunded.

Your not going to get anything more than the one you purchased changed/refunded.

If I take that submissive attitude, you're right. But, if I have to spend 30-45 minutes to 'fix' something they broke, I can promise you I would not accept that. That said, you can take solace in the fact I won't ever do it, because I will never buy Genie+ or $LL as long as it is in the current format.

Demand More

Demand Better

You make a good point. Standing in line to fix a purchase you made to avoid standing in line is ridiculous.

You make a good point. Standing in line to fix a purchase you made to avoid standing in line is ridiculous.

And, yet, a good number of people think that's okay and expect nothing else in return. That's baffling to me. I would expect something more even if I was the only person it happened to the entire year. When it's happening to hundreds (thousands?) of people a day because the technology they are selling is sub-standard, that's 1,000% unacceptable. Disney guests simply can't sit back and take the fake kind of 'equal' compensation they are providing for their failures. Rather, Disney guests need to start demanding more and better, and maybe, just maybe, they will make an effort to fix it.

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but does the ILL fine print say anything about times changing after you purchase?

NM found it, very hidden.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/#pricing
Wait times are estimates generated using a variety of factors. Wait time estimates can vary significantly from the wait time you may experience, and are subject to frequent changes within each day due to a variety factors such as attendance, guest interest, weather, and attraction downtimes. Because we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these wait time estimates you should not rely on them when making purchase decisions.

Wait times are estimates generated using a variety of factors. Wait time estimates can vary significantly from the wait time you may experience, and are subject to frequent changes within each day due to a variety factors such as attendance, guest interest, weather, and attraction downtimes. Because we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these wait time estimates you should not rely on them when making purchase decisions.

Would any of you not have purchased ILL if you had known this fine print?

Would any of you not have purchased ILL if you had known this fine print?
For me, the only time I would complain is if my confirmed time, aka the time that it said I got after paying, changed. I 100% expect that if I choose 9am I will not end up with that. I do not except the paid time to change.

But a return time isn't a wait time.

Y’all are too patient.

If I saw a time for something, paid for it, then that time changed on me, I’d be:

1. Requesting a refund
2. Reporting Disney to bbb

Disney feels that we would have a better experience with the time they select for us. Just like they are sure we would enjoy Genie+ better than FP+, love the cancellation of Magical Express, be excited about paying to park our car in a parking lot that they can utilize for no other practical purpose, enjoy coming back from a long day at the park to a room not touched by housekeeping, and talk glowingly to our friends about the lack of a nighttime parade at MK.

Yep, Disney knows what we want. Shame on any of us for questioning everything they do for us.
I miss the electric parade too. WDW needs its own parade rather than just borrowing it from Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter