Local Comercials you seen as a kid, that are stuck

Tom Peterson, Portland , Oregon....his clocks still surface at estate sales....his butch haircut.....and we were poor and always in need of furniture.....but we lived in rural oregon, not portland....so could never drive by his warehouse and save money buying furniture from him

There was this one Toyota dealer that had a lot of ads featuring the owner. I didn't quite get what the appeal was. The owner had a certain look that most people would remember. Pointy nose, angular jaw, and kind of a grating voice. This is the only commercial I can find right now, but this is tame compared to some of his later commercials where he got even louder.

Tom Peterson, Portland , Oregon....his clocks still surface at estate sales....his butch haircut.....and we were poor and always in need of furniture.....but we lived in rural oregon, not portland....so could never drive by his warehouse and save money buying furniture from him

WAKE UP! WAKE UP! (as if knocking on the screen from inside the TV during late night programming) And, yes I still have my Tom Peterson alarm clock. "Free is a very good price!"

Also from long ago in Portland:
"We're honkin' for Marv Tonkin, where you're #1!"

Starting to think about our local amusement/theme parks and how they used to advertise. The big thrill park in the San Francisco Bay Area in the 70s/80s was Marriott's Great America in Santa Clara, which of course was one of three (of two actually built) parks planned by Marriott. I think the commercials they aired weren't park specific just to save money.

Marine World Africa USA has a bunch of ads, although they may have been across their move to Vallejo, California.

Also Frontier Village in San Jose:

Both commercials were classic. There is a 3rd that I can't find with the President/CEO of the company as a cutout.

Palisades Amusement Park-
Come On Over!

Must’ve seen this commercial and heard it on radio thousands of times and can still sing the song! (Dating myself, because it closed in 1971.) Sadly, I never got to go there. Never went to Action Park either (maybe glad I didn’t :scared:).

Not from my area, but this one’s a local ad from CA, from my son’s childhood about 10 years ago, that went viral on the internet. DS and his friends thought it was hilarious:rotfl:—“Nope, Chuck Testa.”

Palisades Amusement Park-
Come On Over!

Must’ve seen this commercial and heard it on radio thousands of times and can still sing the song! (Dating myself, because it closed in 1971.) Sadly, I never got to go there. Never went to Action Park either (maybe glad I didn’t :scared:).

I still miss Palisades Amusement Park. I was trying to get that clip to post earlier, but was unsuccessful. Glad you added it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter