Location, location, location

Neil73

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Not sure if i am allowed to post this on here so please remove if not.

I am from the UK and considering buying a place in Florida, i have a budget of approximately 125,000.00 dollars and i am looking for a place within a hours drive to the parks.
Ideally i would like at least 2 beds and would like an area which has a town area with restaurants and coffee shops, near water would also be a bonus.

My questions is what areas would you suggest looking at?

As for as locations within an hour drive of the park, take a look at Celebration, FL. Your budget is a bit on the low side for that area. Don't think you'll be able to get a 2 BR but you may be able to get a small 1 BR condo that fits in your budget. Drive time to parks is about 30 minutes, hard to top that.

Mount Dora is a really cute small town about an hour from WDW. It sits on a huge lake, has a bunch of shops and restaurants and hosts large arts festivals during the year. Winter Garden is a small town even closer to the parks, but your budget won't go very far there. Maybe look at Clermont too.

I would use that towards a good down payment. I've had a place in the northern suburb of Orlando for over 30 years and know the area very well. Cheap in Orlando equals very bad in this area. IMO.

For the price you have in mind, I'd consider Polk County. There, you'll get the biggest bang for your buck and still be within an hour of WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter