Location. Location. Location!

Beach/Yacht Club the best (Boardwalk close second).

I suppose worst would be the one with only bus transportation and furthest from parks. I don't know which hotel that is. :)

I can say Gran Destino (CSR) is only buses, but the actual ride from the hotel to parks (all of them) is very short.

Are we talking all resort levels? The All Stars are basically on 192 so Id say thats the worst. They are the only Disney resort south of Osceola Drive and are surrounded by other 3rd party hotels.

Beach/Yacht are the best all around.

Depends on your priorities.
Most days I might say Poly. It’s hard to get into Trader Sam’s. Easier if you’re right there all day and night. Monorail, boats, and if you self-propel, you can get to MK via GF from there.
If you’re a shopaholic, SSR is Disney Springs adjacent.
If you like feeling like you’re away from everything when you’re a short boat ride to MK, WL is great.

It depends on your perspective. We love the MK resorts which are a monorail or boat ride away and you have the electrical water pageant. Can see the fireworks. We did stay once at an Epcot resort and enjoyed the YC it was great to walk or take the boat to both parks. We have stayed at some moderates as well and the bus rides to the parks were not bad. In November we stayed at CBR and really liked the Skyliner.

Best location: Boardwalk. Easy walk to both Epcot and HS. Lots of dining choices, including restaurants at S/D. Convenient to the Skyliner.

Worst location: The Treehouse Villas at SSR. Not close to anything. No nearby QS or recreation aside from the small pool. Disney Springs is a boat ride away (after you've hiked to the boat dock and waited...and waited). And the bus stops (there are only two) are spread very far apart with no sidewalks from the villas to them. However, parking is good if you have one car. You can park right in front of your treehouse.

Best is definitely Boardwalk. Second is Bay Lake / Contemporary. Third is probably a tie between Yacht / Beach / Grand Floridian.

Worst location would be treehouses at Saratoga. Have to take a bus to get to a bus to get out of the resort.

We stayed at BLT in November and loved the location. Easy walk to MK and use of monorail to Epcot. We really like BW too. We also like the Congress Park area of SSR for the quick walk to Disney Springs.

"Best" is subjective and depends on many factors, I don't really think there is a way to answer what you are asking. If you are only planning to go to MK, then clearly monorail loop resorts offer your 'best' transportation option. Which of those 3 is 'best' for you depends on your budget and what you think of the theming associated with each. No Disney resort is closest to every theme park.

If you only plan to do HS or Epcot, then resorts in that area make more sense.

POFQ is a resort that is bus only and yet I often stay there and like the transportation. It is a small resort and ime does not share buses, so it's easy to get to the bus stop and a quick walk back to your room when you return. Also there is a boat to DS.

Epcot resorts best for walkability to 2 parks and easy access to WS.

MK resorts good if you are concentrating on MK.

I think whichever resort you LIKE most has the best location.

Since we love MK, technically any of the monorail resorts would be a best location with the Poly perhaps having an edge because of the walkway to the TTC. Since that's such a short walk, you can trot right over to the TTC to hop the Epcot monorail.

Problem is we simply don't feel the least bit at home at the Poly.

Some love WL or FtW because they're out of the way and peaceful compared with the other MK neighbor resorts. People also don't mind bus-only at AKL because they're keen on seeing animals. The seclusion of SSR treehouses suits others.

So, back to my first point...whichever you like most, because it probably incorporates all the practical reasons mentioned above for you. Or doesn't, as you simply don't care that much about practical considerations.

BLT/BC/BW all tie for me as best. Walk to MK is so convenient. Walk to EP and DHS is also great (though a longer walk than BLT to MK).

Worst: any resort that requires you to take a Disney bus.

As many have mentioned, it's very subjective. For us, it might even change from trip to trip. We don't do MK as much anymore, so the monorail resorts are not a priority. Our #1 would be BC because of the EP/HS proximity. Our #2 would be AKL, and that's BECAUSE of the more secluded feeling there - a reason many don't like it. But that's just us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter