Location When Multiple GT Staterooms are Booked

cravingacruise

Earning My Ears
What are your experiences with stateroom assignments when multiple GT rooms are linked?

Please note: I am fully aware of The restrictions with GT rate and know we are essentially only guaranteed a room in the category booked.

I am just wondering if you have booked and linked more than one GT room, how many did you book, which ship, and were your rooms close together? We have 5 VGTs booked on the Magic in December. Thank you in advance for any info you can share!

Last edited:
We booked two OGT rooms on the Dream this summer. We ended up getting connecting rooms and we were thrilled!

There have been reports like @ajo of cabins connecting or adjoining.

BUT there have also been reports of cabins being on opposite ends of the ship and decks apart. With 5 cabins, there is a good chance SOME will be close, but I would expect some to be further apart.

Bottom line is if you NEED the cabins to be close, GTY or *GT is not the way to go.

We had a bunch of GTY rooms on the Magic. It was years ago so I don't remember the number but it was probably 8 or more. One of the mommas was a nervous Nelly afraid we wouldn't get rooms :scared: but DCL came through (as the rest of us expected.) The rooms were spread out all over the ship.

We booked a Florida rate deal on the Fantasy last week in July, my daughter's mother in law booked a month later with a GTY room, DCL did great, she was about 5 doors down from us.

Good Luck!

There have been reports like @ajo of cabins connecting or adjoining.

BUT there have also been reports of cabins being on opposite ends of the ship and decks apart. With 5 cabins, there is a good chance SOME will be close, but I would expect some to be further apart.

Bottom line is if you NEED the cabins to be close, GTY or *GT is not the way to go.

Thank you for sharing your experiences! We certainly do not have a NEED to have them close (That need would translate into $1000 PER CABIN as that is the difference between the VGT and regular Verandah rate ;-), but we certainly wouldn't mind having our cabins somewhat close together.

The Magic isn't that big. Figure that even if you're on complete opposite ends of the ship, that's still less than a ten-minute walk.

When we’ve booked the Dream class, we’ve gotten staterooms next to each other or connecting; when we booked on the Wonder, they were on different floors.

When we’ve booked the Dream class, we’ve gotten staterooms next to each other or connecting; when we booked on the Wonder, they were on different floors.
Booked 2 gty rooms on the Magic out of NYC. Just got the assignments, the rooms are 2 doors away from each other. Disney always seems to do their best to make the customer happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter