Lock off

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
I am always surprised what I forget.

I went to book and it asks if I want a lock off or villa? Right now I am just booking OKW my home resort and then hoping to change it all at the 7 month window.

So lock off, villa, what does it mean at OKW? I see the floor plans but can't figure out if the 2nd bedroom is a studio or a 2nd br?

Lock-off: 1br and studio connected to make 2BR. Villa: dedicated 2BR that can be used only as a 2BR and has only one entry door.

Hmm, I think the lock off would be better with the other family having their own little fridge, etc but I booked a villa. Can it be changed online?

Yes and no, you'll need to cancel the original reservation and rebook a new reservation for a 2 bedroom unit. The original reservation can not simply be modified online. You'd need to call Member Services to do that.

Hmm, I think the lock off would be better with the other family having their own little fridge, etc but I booked a villa. Can it be changed online?

Yes, the lockoff bedroom would have another fridge, coffee pot, thermostat, and balcony. The dedicated would have a larger closet and 1 hallway entrance.

At OKW, dedicated does not matter as much since OKW studios have 2 queens. (Vs other resorts where studios have a queen and a pullout couch)

I am always surprised what I forget.

I went to book and it asks if I want a lock off or villa? Right now I am just booking OKW my home resort and then hoping to change it all at the 7 month window.

So lock off, villa, what does it mean at OKW? I see the floor plans but can't figure out if the 2nd bedroom is a studio or a 2nd br?

Unlike the other DVC resorts, an OKW lock-off's 2nd bed room has 2 queen size beds. (not a queen and sofa bed)

Also you will have:
a second entry door
a second small balcony
a second a/c control, helpful if one family likes it colder/hotter than the other
the kitchenette with a 'frige, coffee maker, toaster..., but this will take away storage area.
2 doors between the main unit (1BR) and the 2nd BR (studio) be careful to not lock youself out by closing one of the door. They only have a door knob on one side. If this happens, you key will open both entry doors from the hall.

When/if you switch to another DVC resort you will NOT have 2 queen beds in the 'studio' side. and not all will have a 2nd balcony.

Yes and no, you'll need to cancel the original reservation and rebook a new reservation for a 2 bedroom unit. The original reservation can not simply be modified online. You'd need to call Member Services to do that.

I reserved on-line for OKW and didn't pick the dedicated that I needed. I e-mailed MS asking them for the change and they modified my existing reservation and re-sent it to me on-line! My reservation number didn't change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter