Loew's gift at check-in

essmom

DIS Veteran
I was just curious about the welcome gift-milk and cookies. beer and nuts etc. What do most of you get and if you get beer and nuts-how many beers? is the $10 mini bar credit worth it ?

I usually get white wine and nuts. I have gotten milk and cookies before because I was in the mood for something sweet. Can't help you with the beer though. Sorry.

We have gotten the wine and nuts before and this last trip we got the water and fruit. Never have gotten the beer but would like to get the milk and cookies for my dd next time.

We usually get the milk and cookies, but I have a sweet tooth. As far as the beers, I think it is one per adult on the reservation.

What about the milk? My kids only drink fat-free. Will they supply fat free or 1% or2 %? Thanks

I think it's regular milk, but you would have to call to confirm.

It was definately whole milk the last time we went, my daughter commented that it tasted like cream. (we only drink skim at home).

Patty

I've rec'd cookies & milk, beer & nuts, $10 off mini-bar and the last time at RPR I got the regional gift which was a shallow, square wicker basket filled with candy (no good) from Bali? The neat thing was the shell that has the RPR logo carved in it.
I don't even get the mini-bar key anymore since my DS15 cleaned it out one time at PBH and cost me a bundle. He even lifted the robe because he thought it was comp.

How much are the drinks in the minibar-Cokes and beer especially. We'll be stopping at the store so i plan to load up so i can save money on snacks and soft drinks. Thanks

We have always gotten the Water (2 bottles) and fruit (3-4 pieces plus grapes). What's this about the $10 minibar credit?

Motherfletcher--please tell me more about the cleaning out of the mini bar request. I inquire about this whenever I travel due to my work with chemically dependent persons and I like to gather information on Bill W friendly establishments. When I made this inquiry at HRH the other day, they acted as though I was out of my tree and felt just not giving the key would be adequate safeguard.

My son and I went to PBH for his birthday. I opened the mini-bar and we had a few sodas and I let him try Bacardi "like its your birthday". When it came time to check out I asked him to pack while I went down to the lobby. When I got back to the room he had the suitcase all zipped up and I noticed an unusual bulge on the external pocket and I opened it to find he had packed the bathroom scale! I took it out and asked him what he was thinking. He wanted it because it showed him 10 pounds lighter than our scale. When we got home and unpacked I found he had packed everything that was in the bar along with the robe and a roll of toilet paper. He will be mowing the lawn until he's 45 paying for that mistake! He somehow thought everything was comp.

We got beer and nuts in August at RPH and it came with 3 beers. We were 2 adults and 2 kids (13 & 12 ). We were at HRH from 12/22-12/25, and got a free in-room movie and popcorn.

The movie and popcorn was one of our options as the Loew's check-in gift. We chose this over the other options since we were doing club level this time and most of the other options (cookies/milk, wine, beer) were available in the club lounge. They brought the popcorn and a coupon to our room. We selected the in-room movie that we wanted to see, and presented the coupon at the check-in counter a few days later which took it off our room charge.

I never heard of this option. Perhaps it is just for clublevel for the reaons stated by mouseclick1?

Oh, I get it MotherFletcher. I thought you had PBH staff clean out the minibar before you arrived. Some places will do this upon request--or at least get rid of the alcohol. I must say, though, I would have been tempted to swipe that scale myself!

I just returned from pbh,funny about the scale i was 6 pounds lighter after spending a week at disney.I think they have all the scales off so that you feel good and will eat more,making them more money.

essmom - we just returned and the rooms that ordered beer and nuts received 2 beers (one room had 3 adults) and a martini glass full of nuts - DH and I got full bottle of Berengers white wine on ice and the glass of nuts - very nice!

tinksgirl - that is too funny - and disappointing!! I thought I had lost 5 pounds doing so much walking!! - guess I'd better check the scale again now that I'm home!!

Hi,

I have a question about this. I have signed up for a Loew's card/club on there website and chosen Milk/Cookies as the in-room gift option. However, I recently made my reservation on the Universal Orlando website and there was nowhere for me to fill in details of me being a member of Loew's. Do you just tell them when you check-in or was I supposed to add it in to the reservation somewhere? :confused:

Thanks for any advice/help!

Richard.

We received the beer and nuts last weekend at RPR. At check-in, we had a choice of Heineken or Miller Lite. I chose Heineken. We received 3 beers on ice and a decent size basket of nuts. There was no bottle opener for the beers though.

Richard, when you check-in they will have you fill out a form indicating which welcome gift and newspaper you would like to receive. Be sure to let them know about your Loews membership. I reserved our room for this last trip on the website but then I had to call to ask a question and they didn't have my Loews number. They will add it on for you over the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter