Loews "Grade A kids" Program

Debbie7452

DIS Veteran
I just got a post card from Loews where they mention this program. Bring the kids report card if they have good grades. They don't give much details but mention soft drinks and free desserts at the restaurants. I just wanted to let everyone know to bring the report card. Something you might not think about packing during summer!

Debbie

I just got that info, too, Debbie. I'll be bringing my DSs final report card - always nice for them to get a little extra recognition and reinforcement for A's - what a great program!

When we were there in Dec. they were giving the kids a refillable mug and a small bag with a few trinkets (kosh ball, pen, etc.) in it. Kids loved taking the mug with them to the pool and having it filled up at the poolside bar.

We just rec'd the postcard yesterday and it states as follows:

Grade "A" Kids-When kids score A's on their report cards, they earn terrific priveledges at every Loews Hotel, including soft drinks and desserts in the property's restaurants.

So, it is vague as to whether it is straight a's or not...and my DS is in 2nd grade, where they recieve s+ marks for an A, how do I explain that one? I hope they allow his scoring to count or we will have a nightmare on our hands!:rolleyes:

The card also says to call 1-800-23-loews and ask for "kid star " rates...curiosity is getting the better of me. I will call and check it out.

I called today about getting a better rate for HRH and was told that the Friday in July that I need it blocked out. I asked for a complim. upgrade and was told I would have to ask at check in.
I am keeping fingers crossed.

Now to the question about grades.
I am a school teacher and I teach 1st grade and our students do not receive A's or B's either. They receive St or S, etc....
I plan on bringing my child's report card that is in first grade and just explain. Now my other child received the President's Award this year. You have to maintain at least a 90 average or above for two years and my DS was able to do that. Now if President George Bush recognizes that I would think HRH would honor it also. I will also bring his report card too. Sorry, I just had to brag on DS. I am sooooo proud.

Hope this helps someone.

Talked to Loews today...2 things:
1. any confirmation letters are now being mailed out no sooner than 2 weeks prior to arrival, at least for RPH. I know this conflicts with what has happened with some of you, but since I still haven't rec'd mine and we leave in 3.5 weeks, I gues it's the best I 'm gonna get.
2. Loews will honor different scoring systems on the report cards, but will only honor the most recent cards, you cannot bring in all of them from throughout the year. MAYBE IF A PRIOR ONE HAS MORE A'S bring it along to show how well the chid did, all I know is only 1 card.
Hope this helps.

No age limit listed o the card I rec'd...but I would call, seems like double checking out the various perks is a good idea.

We were at HRH on June 1-3rd. I brought my boys report cards with and asked about this and was told it was no longer being done. The women helping me wasn't too thrilled with me while I was asking about it. I then asked about the $35 upgrade and was shot down again. HRH was completely sold out for the weekend we were there. Lucky me. Our stay wasn't starting out on a good note. Especially after a 20 hour drive. Oh well. Good luck to any of you. My luck had run out. :)

I would love to know more about this program. Anything that makes my son feel special, scores big points with me. :) I expecially need to know about the all A's policy. My son works a full grade level ahead, therefore he had 1 "B" this 9 wks. We are never pleased with a "B", but he has never had more than 1 each 9 wks. How do we explain that our son does have a "B", but it is in advance 5th grade Science and he was only in the 4th grade. Oh well, we don't go until the end of Oct., so hopefully he will have recieved a new report card with all "A's" by then. He will still be in the same situation, however. Next year he'll be in 5th grade home base, but with all 6th grade classes. I hope he won't be punished for working ahead and challenging himself. :confused: When anyone finds out for sure, please let us know. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter