• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loews Pacific Resort one night stay for express passes

ForMyBoys

DIS Veteran
Hi All, I got a very good black friday deal at Cabana bay for our family of 5. We leave in just a few days. Given Covid and limited capacity I wasn't thinking express passes would be necessary, however we have friends there now who have said lines have been long and its busier than they expected. Hearing that I've decided to book one night (Sunday night) at Loews so we will get fast passes for our family of 5 for Sunday/Monday of our stay. The price to do this was much, much better than attempting to purchase separate express passes for all 5 of us. So my question, since we will already be checked into Cabana bay what is the quickest/easiest way to check in and get express passes at Pacific resort? Do all 5 of us have to be at the hotel or can just my hubby or I schlep over there early in the morning? We likely will use the room to escape part of the day and I think it would be fun to explore the resort and pool, but we aren't likely going to sleep there. Thanks for the help!

One person can check everyone in.
But don't you all have to have pictures taken for the room/park ID's. I know when we went they had a machine that took our pictures and spit out the ID's. Maybe this has changed since then? does anyone know?

But don't you all have to have pictures taken for the room/park ID's. I know when we went they had a machine that took our pictures and spit out the ID's. Maybe this has changed since then? does anyone know?

Yes, they got rid of photo EP in 2017.

It`s back to just your individual room key with your name on it.

Thanks, schumigirl! The "pictures" were not much to brag about, LOL!
I don't know how the TM's knew who we were by looking at them:)

Yes, they weren`t the best quality were they...lol.....

I did brag one year my EP picture managed to make me look like Angela Lansbury.....I wish I`d kept it now......lol......

Instead of pictures at the hotel, they take your picture every time you use the EP. Then that picture is compared to the previous one (to prevent people from 'sharing' EPs).

When I was there in late September-early October, just had to show hotel room key and no picture comparison.

That could have been due to low crowds.

Out of curiosity, did you go after October 7?

They were doing the photo comparison in early Nov while I was there. Most lines, not the little stuff like the Hippogryph coaster and such. For whatever reason the system kept having a slow time recognizing my friend, but it only slowed her down by 5sec or so each time.

I was there 12/14-18. At some attractions I was asked to stand in front of what appeared to be a camera but for most I just had my room key scanned. I know Men in Black was one with a camera.

I stayed at Royal Pacific and no pix were taken there.

When I was there in late September-early October, just had to show hotel room key and no picture comparison.

That could have been due to low crowds.

Out of curiosity, did you go after October 7?

You're right, they may not do it during low crowd times. Most rides there is a camera and you have to stare into it for a few seconds as you go through the EP line. The one at the Hulk always has a hard time recognizing me, for some reason.

You're right, they may not do it during low crowd times. Most rides there is a camera and you have to stare into it for a few seconds as you go through the EP line. The one at the Hulk always has a hard time recognizing me, for some reason.
The worst ones are in the dark queues like Mummy and Kong. They temporarily blind you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter