loews YouFirst will NOT be replaced

Our trip in December...got rooms early at both Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific but no other acknowledgement of previous platinum level. However, their systems were all undergoing a transition. I think the old information has probably been all wiped out by the new system.
I believe that is likely but that there is also a separate file kept on true VIPs, ‘whales vs minnows’ if you will. All hotels keep that sort of info on file for their very top spending customers (which lets me out). Conversely, I know they keep a list of problematic customers (partially for legal reasons as to reported incidents at their properties).

Disxuni - good questions. Here’s a link that explains the old program. I did have a very old HR # which they found when I was booking the October reservation via the phone. It could’ve been the reason for the recent upgrade but we’ve only had a handful of stays with them

https://www.zenlifeandtravel.com/loews-hotels-loyalty-program-youfirst-rewards/
The chain has less than 25 properties, was theorized it wasn’t a cost effective program to run. At the U properties (no offense lol) it appears the FL locals would book the hotel’s least expensive rooms for a weekend night. Ten separate stays and knew they had a good shot of securing a far pricer suite for the remaining 12 months. I have spoken to those who said they reached it by just staying 10 nights.

Those sorts of concessions by the management could’ve been the beginning of the end for the program. Can’t say I blamed locals for working it. Appears more than a few didn’t necessarily spend as much on food & beverage, based upon those participants I knew who would bring in much of their food & beverage to keep costs down.

As for the gold level upgrade at checkin, not sure how popular it was or attainable as suites tended to disappear quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter