LOLcatz..

Some of it was quite offensive and I'm not offended that easily. Sorry you got points. We all knew it was unintentional. I didn't even know about rotating pictures. So a lesson was learned by all.

I thought every pic had it's own web address, jpeg address, whatever and was stationary at that address....WRONG:headache:

This really raises a cautionary flag regarding deep linking (which is essentially what this entire thread is). And it goes beyond the fact that the server that a URL points to controls what is behind any specific URL. There are other concerns as well: Specifically, while I enjoy seeing these LOLcats posted here, we're really "supposed" to go there to see them. The folks who are ostensibly paying to host those images (among other things) are reasonably expecting to gain whatever advantages that they planned on gaining from offering that service, and effectivelly their reasonable efforts are being thwarted by this deep linking to the images on their server. If you read the Terms of Use for the website where most of the pictures posted in this thread are hosted, what we're doing here is pretty-much a violation of those conditions.

I'm not going to stop viewing this thread, and I doubt that folks are going to stop posting to this thread, but it is important to remember that what we're doing here it technically not what we're supposed to be doing...

how do you know if you have "points"? I am curious if I have some because I posted a thread in the budget area about D's Sporting Goods.

1256244960-1245495614550.jpg

1256244960-1245495502270.jpg

1256244960-1245495062366.jpg

1256244960-1211126865398.jpg

This really raises a cautionary flag regarding deep linking (which is essentially what this entire thread is). And it goes beyond the fact that the server that a URL points to controls what is behind any specific URL. There are other concerns as well: Specifically, while I enjoy seeing these LOLcats posted here, we're really "supposed" to go there to see them. The folks who are ostensibly paying to host those images (among other things) are reasonably expecting to gain whatever advantages that they planned on gaining from offering that service, and effectivelly their reasonable efforts are being thwarted by this deep linking to the images on their server. If you read the Terms of Use for the website where most of the pictures posted in this thread are hosted, what we're doing here is pretty-much a violation of those conditions.

I'm not going to stop viewing this thread, and I doubt that folks are going to stop posting to this thread, but it is important to remember that what we're doing here it technically not what we're supposed to be doing...

Buzz kill! :p ;)

how do you know if you have "points"?
Not that I would know from personal experience :rolleyes1 (not on this board anyway ;)) but I'm pretty sure you are notified by a moderator if you get points.

Points were given in THIS thread?! Dang...looks like I missed a good one. :mad:

Evilcatpower.jpg

MeowMix wasn't Spideykat's favorite anyhow

kathike.jpg

I helpz with the s'mores.

geicokat.jpg

The day Geico had to switch to the obnoxious pile of money with eyes ad.

lookalikes.jpg

Fluffy finds his vacation involves neutering while his owner is in Tahiti

Not that I would know from personal experience :rolleyes1 (not on this board anyway ;)) but I'm pretty sure you are notified by a moderator if you get points.

cool, I had no messages.

I'm a moderator on a friend's site and I had all kinds of fun with the warning stuff :rotfl: I maxed out her little warning lights under her name, did it to myself, my children and her husband. She should have known better than to give me any kind of power. muhahahahah

;)

It didn't do anything except light up under your name.

Buzz kill! :p ;)

I've never gotten points but I have been warned (once); I was notified by a mod via PM.

And for those who may not be used to it, you can avoid the whole "unintentionally linking to an inappropriate image" snafu by saving the pic you want to your computer and then uploading it via Photobucket or a similar photo-hosting site. Some sites get REALLY crabby about hotlinking to their sites, so that's what I've always done. :)

lolbuilder-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter