London Hotel Advice

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
Hi, we are going to be staying in London next June for about 10 days. Any suggestions for reasonably priced hotels/apartments WITH laundry services would be helpful. Since it's a 62 day trip around France, Belgium and England, laundry is essential if I don't want to bring 6 suitcases LOL.

Has anyone stayed at the St. Pancras hotel near the train station? We thought that might be convenient for our train travels to Paris and Brussels.

Thanks.

Hi there, I’ve not stayed at the St.Pancras Renaissance Hotel but I live in London and have heard very positive things about it. It certainly looks majestic and beautiful! The area isn’t the nicest area in London, although has been under huge renovation of late, but as you say it an excellent hub for transport, especially for Europe and the underground network to give you easy access to all the London sites.

Sorry I can’t comment on the laundry facilities but I’d be very surprised if their were not plenty being such a large, high end hotel.

Hi, most of the moderate/upscale hotels will offer laundry but Hotel laundry can be very expensive ( ie £3 for socks, £10 for jeans etc ) which can add up quickly but may be ok for a few items. Ideally you would want a hotel which had guest self service laundry ( the hilton garden inn) has guest laundry but this was at heathrow .Whilst at the Conrad St James, I noticed there was a self service laundry nearby ( 5min walk)which had washing machines for self service loads.

Hi, most of the moderate/upscale hotels will offer laundry but Hotel laundry can be very expensive ( ie £3 for socks, £10 for jeans etc ) which can add up quickly but may be ok for a few items. Ideally you would want a hotel which had guest self service laundry ( the hilton garden inn) has guest laundry but this was at heathrow .Whilst at the Conrad St James, I noticed there was a self service laundry nearby ( 5min walk)which had washing machines for self service loads.

The Conrad St. James is one of my favourite London hotels. I‘m usually only there for a couple of nights, so never needed laundry but nice to know that there is one nearby. Any memory of a name?

Thanks. We're looking more for self-service laundry than sending our laundry out -- which I know can be expensive. I'll check out the Conrad St. James.

Maybe try an apartment or something on VRBO? Alternatively there are apartments available on Booking.com.

If you're happy to do your laundry yourself I really wouldn't look for a hotel that has a laundry room. Not only is it more unusual over here, but there are laundrettes all over the place in London so bound to be one just down the road. It would be awful to tie yourself to somewhere that isn't your ideal hotel just because of the laundry, only to find that it's closed for repair when you visit and you have to go out anyway.

Personally I would be inclined with a trip that long to book an apartment at some point during the trip, to get laundry done, have some nice home cooked meals and relax in separate rooms to each other. I'm not sure that London would be the city I would necessarily do that in though.

If you want a good cheap clean, centrally located hotel then the Premier Inn chain is a good bet. A no frills place…you don’t want to spend a lot of time their… but an ideal base for sight seeing. Prices start at £39 per room. Laundry will be a problem, it wont be cheap or easy to get arranged…maybe need to go to a laundrette and do it yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter