London / Paris Here We Come!!! 9/2 - 9/10/11

90's?? :eek: Looks like we might be packing for 2 totally different climates. Ugh!! This is stressing me out! :scared:

What could you possibly have left to order? More MC Hammer pants? :lmao: :)

Today I need to work on my Big Give item, then something I'm hoping to take on our trip. Not sure it will happen today, but I'll at least get an E for effort.

Anyone planning on being in chat tonight?

Awesome Cynthia!:thumbsup2 I am mystified by the weather. Looking at Paris, the highs for a couple of days in the 7 day forecast are in the 90's! Then there's London...... :scared1:

URGHH....the weather and packing is really starting to stress me out. I was really looking forward to the 60s or 70s. I'm tired of the 90 - 100 degree weather...but I'll be in Paris so I'll make it work. :goodvibes I just have a feeling that my suitcase is going to be jammed packed with lots of different clothing options.

I'll definitely be in chat tonight. Talk to y'all then!

It is official, the color for chat tonight is PURPLE.

Have to remember not to wear my Zubaz the same day as Michael.

URGHH....the weather and packing is really starting to stress me out. I was really looking forward to the 60s or 70s. I'm tired of the 90 - 100 degree weather...but I'll be in Paris so I'll make it work. :goodvibes I just have a feeling that my suitcase is going to be jammed packed with lots of different clothing options.

I'll definitely be in chat tonight. Talk to y'all then!

The weather in Paris the next 10 days is 70's ish. Maybe it won't heat up. :confused3

It is official, the color for chat tonight is PURPLE.

Have to remember not to wear my Zubaz the same day as Michael.
Frank, as long as you wear a different color than Mike, I think you will be okay. You will both definitely blend in, especially in Paris, with your chic choice in clothing. :rolleyes1

You will both definitely blend in, especially in Paris, with your chic choice in clothing. :rolleyes1

From everything I've read...it's the white athletic shoes that brand you a tourist.

I think a nice pair of brown wing tips will go nicely with the zebra pants. Or maybe some knee high boots with the zebra pants tucked in.

It'll almost be like Parisian camoflage!:laughing:

From everything I've read...it's the white athletic shoes that brand you a tourist.

I think a nice pair of brown wing tips will go nicely with the zebra pants. Or maybe some knee high boots with the zebra pants tucked in.

It'll almost be like Parisian camoflage!:laughing:

I wonder if I can get "Zoolander" on Netfilx?

It could be a good refresher course for "Parisian camoflage" tips.

We are starting to get another major storm here right now - Thunder and Lighting..Oh My !!! :scared1:
The ground is still soaked from the last few storms and our basement was flooded. If we get more rain the trees are gonna start falling again and taking power lines with them ... Hope it goes away before our chat ...
Micki

We are starting to get another major storm here right now - Thunder and Lighting..Oh My !!! :scared1:
The ground is still soaked from the last few storms and our basement was flooded. If we get more rain the trees are gonna start falling again and taking power lines with them ... Hope it goes away before our chat ...
Micki

Send it down here!!!!

It was so nice to chat with you all last night - hope the storm wasn't to bad where-ever you are? We are supposed to have rain and T-storms for the rest of the weekend... I learned many things last night, however I learned that I need to brush up on my SPEED READING AND SPEED TYPING skills for the next chat :worship:.. at least I know that being from NYC - I can certainly keep up with the Speed talking for the trip.:rotfl:

How many more days is it Kevin ????:wizard:

Micki

Maybe we can see the new virtual gate agents while in Paris

airport.jpg

Paris airport tests ‘virtual’ boarding agents
by FloridaGoGo

ORLY, France (AP) — An airport in France is experimenting with “virtual” boarding agents in a bid to jazz up its terminals with 21st century avatars who always smile, don’t need breaks and never go on strike.

The pilot project at Paris’ Orly airport began last month, and has so far been met with a mix of amusement and surprise by travelers, who frequently try to touch and speak with the strikingly life-like video images that greet them and direct them to their boarding gate.

The images materialize seemingly out of thin air when a boarding agent — a real live human — presses a button to signal the start of boarding.

They are actually being rear-projected onto a human shaped silhouette made of plexiglass. Three actual airport boarding agents were filmed in a studio to create the illusion, which the airport hopes will be more eye-catching and easier for passengers to understand than traditional electronic display terminals.

“Bonjour! I invite you to go to your boarding gate. Paris Airports wishes you a bon voyage,” the image appears to say, while the name of the destination flashes in front of him.

Airport authority AdP came up with the idea for what it calls “2-D holograms” earlier this year, when it was brainstorming ways to modernize Hall 40, one of the dozens of boarding gates at Paris’ second airport, south of the capital.

“Children like it, it’s fun. They’re attracted to it and try to play with it,” said Didier Leroy, the airport’s director of operations. “There’s finally very few who find it useless or just a gizmo.”

The technology behind the images was developed by a Paris audiovisual marketing agency, L’Oeil du Chat. Similar virtual agents are in place in airports in London and Manchester since earlier this year.

Hall 40 serves about 30 or 40 flights a day, Leroy said. Around 1 million passengers a year pass through it, mainly on their way to destinations in the south of France and Corsica. The airport decided to make it a “laboratory” for testing new ways of organizing its boarding gates. It received an overhaul this spring that created 40 percent more space and 20 percent more seats so that it can now hold up to 400 waiting passengers.

As passengers boarded a flight to Bastia in Corsica, one small boy of about five years old approached the hologram, this one showing a middle-aged man in a striped shirt and neatly trimmed beard. “Hello!” the boy greeted it. The pre-recorded image smiled, blinked, folded his hands, glanced to the left but said nothing.

Leroy said the airport’s experiment with virtual reality will be evaluated by the end of the year, after which it could be expanded to other boarding halls at Orly or to Paris’ larger Charles de Gaulle airport.

Not all passengers were as taken with the virtual hosts as the boy.

“It spooks me the way his eyes seem to follow you,” said Cedric Olivier, 32, an Air France pilot waiting for his flight. Other passengers hurried past with barely a glance at the hologram, more concerned about boarding the plane and finding space for their carry-ons.

I'm sorry, but that's just CREEPY! :scared:
I'm relieved that I'm flying out of CDG airport.

I agree!! :scared1:

In honor of only having 12 days until we leave, I bring you airline travel tip #1 (these will be in no particular order):

1. Get your immune system healthy before you get on the dirty, germ heaven we call the airplane. :lmao: Make sure you get enough rest, water, and exercise. Don't forget to take your vitamins. :thumbsup2

We don't want anyone getting sick on us, folks. :hug:

Aahhhhh!!! I can't wait!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I agree!! :scared1:

In honor of only having 12 days until we leave, I bring you airline travel tip #1 (these will be in no particular order):

1. Get your immune system healthy before you get on the dirty, germ heaven we call the airplane. :lmao: Make sure you get enough rest, water, and exercise. Don't forget to take your vitamins. :thumbsup2

We don't want anyone getting sick on us, folks. :hug:

Aahhhhh!!! I can't wait!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Dip me in Purell.

If anyone is looking for something to read on the plane, this book came highly recommended.

Eiffel's Tower: The Thrilling Story Behind Paris's Beloved Monument and the Extraordinary World's Fair That Introduced It

The story of the world-famous monument and the extraordinary world's fair that introduced it

"In this first general history of the Eiffel Tower in English, Jill Jonnes-acclaimed author of Conquering Gotham-offers an eye- opening look not only at the construction of one of the modern world's most iconic structures, but also the epochal event that surrounded its arrival as a wonder of the world. In this marvelously entertaining portrait of Belle Époque France, fear and loathing over Eiffel's brash design share the spotlight with the celebrities that made the 1889 Exposition Universelle an event to remember-including Buffalo Bill and his sharpshooter Annie Oakley, Thomas Edison, and artists Whistler, Gauguin, and van Gogh. Eiffel's Tower is a richly textured portrait of an era at the dawn of modernity, reveling in the limitless promise of the future."

It's available for the Kindle as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Eiffels-Tower...7297/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313784950&sr=8-1

Better check with our our online shopping guru, Mike. I don't know if they make body size bottles of Purell. :rotfl2:

It's scary, I know they make hand sanitizer in a 55 gallon drum and it costs $450 a drum.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter