long car rides with 4 year old twins and a 2 year old

susancl

Mouseketeer
We are deciding if we should drive to WDW or fly with our 4 year old twins and 2 year old (all boys). We will be staying with my folks in January in FW. They will be there for 28 days.

We are driving from Boston. Has anyone done a long drive like this with little kids. What do they do when they are awake?? Should we drive straight through or stop for a night (or two)?:earsgirl:

When our son was that age and we drove down from MN, we used to leave at night - right around his bedtime and drive through the night. That way, he would sleep through most of the trip!

If you do it that way, you'll only have to spend one night at the most. You may be able to drive straight through. How many hours is it from Boston? Our drive from MN is 23 hours.

We usually drive from Wisconsin and take 2 days. Leave early in the morning 3am and drive as long as you can the first day. Little ones will sleep and be content a good portion of the morning. Stop at a hotel for the night and let the kids go nuts swimming and burning off all of their excess energy, while dad relaxes and goes to sleep. Keep them up and let them go. Do the same thing the next day, get up early and you will be there by early on the second day.

We drive from Boston every year. We drive straight thru. We usually leave around 2pm with me driving until late at night while DH naps. When I get tired he takes over and drives thruout the night. We switch off at breakfast and we're usually at FW by afternoon the next day.

We're really not that tired when we get there. We usually stay around FW the first day and evening, get a good nights sleep and head into the parks the next morning.

We prefer driving that way because the kids sleep and it doesn't seem too long for them in the car.

Good luck!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter