• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long flight

If it's silly to wear them out in public, then it's silly to wear them out in public. Planes are public places, just like buses and subway systems. Now, if it's just too cold to wear them out in the street, but you'd wear them to the grocery store on a hot day, then that's different. But if they aren't covering you enough to walk down the street, then they shouldn't be worn on the plane either, IMO.

If it's silly to wear them out in public, then it's silly to wear them out in public. Planes are public places, just like buses and subway systems. Now, if it's just too cold to wear them out in the street, but you'd wear them to the grocery store on a hot day, then that's different. But if they aren't covering you enough to walk down the street, then they shouldn't be worn on the plane either, IMO.

As I already established, they are sleeping shorts. They go past my knee. Honestly, I don't really need to explain myself to you.

Given that airlines give you pajamas to wear on long flights (I think United it is over 10 hours) and those are not something I'd ever wear to the grocery store or on the bus or subway, I'd say that they disagree with your opinion.

Given that airlines give you pajamas to wear on long flights (I think United it is over 10 hours) and those are not something I'd ever wear to the grocery store or on the bus or subway, I'd say that they disagree with your opinion.

I get the feeling Oma doesn't quite grasp the attire I'm describing. She thinks they're some kind of see through undies or something.

The pajamas they give you are pretty spiffy though. Not sleep shorts that you wouldn't wear out in public. Much nicer.

Make sure you get up and walk as much as possible and frequently flex your feet and ankles and wiggle your toes plenty in between. :wave2:

I definitely second this. Even if people give me looks, on long haul flights I always get up regularly and walk about. It's just common sense.

I wear leggings, a flowy top or tee shirt, and flip flops, no matter what season. I also bring socks and a hoodie in my carry on in case I get cold on the plane. I have flown 10+ hours many times and this outfit has never failed me!

Well - just as an aside I've heard some recommendations by the extremely paranoid to not wear full synthetics on a plane. Something about the risk in the rare case of a fire. I've heard about people who were wearing polyester or nylon trying to escape a fire, and the clothing just melted and stuck to the skin. While the US military has gone to more synthetics for their performance characteristics, I've heard that they still use 50/50 cotton/poly blends because it handles fire risk better.

That's correct..wear wool, it doesn't burn !!!

The pajamas they give you are pretty spiffy though. Not sleep shorts that you wouldn't wear out in public. Much nicer.

I would not wear any of the pajamas I've been given out in public. They may not be shorts (always been long pants), but I still wouldn't wear them out in public. So, I don't see the difference. Personally, I tend to avoid shorts and t-shirts because I have sensitive skin and have had weird reactions to the seats (I assume cleaner used on them), so try to limit skin-to-seat contact, but otherwise, I don't see the big deal with his choice of attire. Admittedly, I'm envisioning something like cotton pajama bottoms that just happen to end higher up the leg (not some weird see through wear).

Admittedly, I'm envisioning something like cotton pajama bottoms that just happen to end higher up the leg (not some weird see through wear).

Yup, they go past my knee, the same length as most of my shorts. They're just made out of cotton and modal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter