• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long Island Disers!

Anyone out there going to the boat race in the Patchogue area? DH and DS8 are on my FIL's boat snapper fishing right now and will be watching the race.

I wish, that sounds like a lot of fun! My boyfriend is currently installing a fuel pump in the boat, hoping we can get out at least tonight.

Hope they catch a lot!

Spent the night in LI last Friday with mom. I was checking out Stony Brook University. I hope I'm not offending any SBU alumni, but I hated it. And we traveled all the way from RI to see it!

However, we did check out the Atlantis Marine World Aquarium, and loved it!

I wish, that sounds like a lot of fun! My boyfriend is currently installing a fuel pump in the boat, hoping we can get out at least tonight.

Hope they catch a lot!

They caught 4 snappers this afternoon. But they fished from Grandpa's boat which never left the dock, lol. Because of that, I don't think they were able see the race going on.

Grandpa will be cooking them at his house b/c I can't stand the smell of fried fish in the house :sick:

Former Long Islander (Manorville & Old Field) checking in to say hello :wave2:

Moved out west about 8yrs. ago. Know what I miss about LI??? The bakeries!!
Create-a-cake, Alpine & Tates (in Southampton, used to be named "Kathleens")
are a few of my faves....anyone familiar??

I just bought my daughter a cupcake at Create-a-Cake today. My sister in law lives in Old Field! (I'm in Setauket). Have you ever gone to the Rolling Pin in Setauket....yum! They were on Rachel Ray this past fall.

Spent the night in LI last Friday with mom. I was checking out Stony Brook University. I hope I'm not offending any SBU alumni, but I hated it. And we traveled all the way from RI to see it!

No offense! I went there for a semester this past year and hated it as well. I am going back to where I spent the last 4 years, at Sacred Heart University. If you need any help or have any college questions, please feel free to ask. I'm finishing up my Bachelor's, so i'm well versed in all this college stuff.

Glad you liked Atlantis though! My boyfriend wants to go in the shark tank there.

They caught 4 snappers this afternoon. But they fished from Grandpa's boat which never left the dock, lol. Because of that, I don't think they were able see the race going on.

Grandpa will be cooking them at his house b/c I can't stand the smell of fried fish in the house :sick:

We used to snapper fish at my Grandpa's boat at the dock all the time! Loved it. I can't stand the smell either. I send my brother over to Grandmas and she cooks is for him. That smell turns my stomach.

I spent my first 6 years in Manorville! And also own the Kathleens Bake Shop cook book. It is the holy grail in my family, every recipe from there is beyond amazing.

Hi everyone !!

Another LIer here :)

:wave2: Welcome!

Thanks, Fraggle! I'm probably going to end up at Connecticut College, in New London. It's definately my top choice. I wanted to go to Wagner College, out on Statan Island, but Mom didn't want me out there. As long as I can take the train into NYC, I don't care!

I wanted to do the Penguin Encounter at Atlantis, but we didn't have enough time. If I were to go back to LI, I'd do that, and I'd do Splish-Splash. It looked cool. Hey, anything that was featured on the Travel Channel is fine by me!

Had my dates mixed up - niece's soccer game at Hofstra is next weekend.

But now I'm free to join my friends for lunch at Five Guys - my new favorite burger place :cool1:

They are popping up all over Long Island, it seems!

Hi All!
Checking in from Rockville Centre, just a brief visit today because we're getting ready to check in to the Poly later this afternoon:cool1: Just checking for any last minute tips on the board when I saw this thread.

Mackeysmom- 5 Guys is awesome, our new favorite place!

Will be checking in to see what's happening on the island. Always looking for new places.

Where is Five Guys located? I've seen the name mentioned several times on another thread and never heard of it before. Is it only in Nassau County?

Hi All!
Checking in from Rockville Centre, just a brief visit today because we're getting ready to check in to the Poly later this afternoon:cool1: Just checking for any last minute tips on the board when I saw this thread.

Mackeysmom- 5 Guys is awesome, our new favorite place!

Will be checking in to see what's happening on the island. Always looking for new places.

Have a fantastic trip !!!

Where is Five Guys located? I've seen the name mentioned several times on another thread and never heard of it before. Is it only in Nassau County?

I know there's one on 110 in Huntington by the Barnes & Noble, and there's one on Deer Park Ave in Deer Park.

Friday on the train someone was talking about going to All American, and now I've been craving a hamburger and shake from there.

I know there's one on 110 in Huntington by the Barnes & Noble, and there's one on Deer Park Ave in Deer Park.

Friday on the train someone was talking about going to All American, and now I've been craving a hamburger and shake from there.

Thanks.

All American is the one in Massepequa, right? I think that was the one that was featured on The Travel Channel. How far is it from Sunrise Mall?

Alpine is my FAVORITE....the "lobster tails" are amazing!

Thanks.

All American is the one in Massepequa, right? I think that was the one that was featured on The Travel Channel. How far is it from Sunrise Mall?

It was on the Travel Channel?! Wow, who'da thunk it! :upsidedow

It's not far from Sunrise Mall--it's on Merrick Road, just east of 107/Hicksville Road. Not walking distance, but maybe a 5 minute drive :upsidedow

DS ended up getting almost a full ride at Stony Brook....checked out the campus/dorms and didn't want to go there....thought it would be great as we only live a couple towns over.....
he ended up in Binghamton and loves it there.....maybe you might consider checking that out.....:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter