• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long Live the FIENDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fort Fiends, some of the BEST folks I've had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with at The Fort!! (and obviously I haven't logged in for a while). Long live Fort Fiends! :love:

Haven't seen you post in a long time.

Reactions: Us3
Been off the boards soooo long I don't remember if i am fiend or not!!! But I do know many that are and they all ROCK!!!

Great Folks those Fort Fiends are! I hope I meet more! Long Live the Fort Fiends!

How do I become a Fiend?

Fortlover,

You may not know it but seem to already be one. The two requirements for membership were to love camping at the Fort (I believe those residing in the cabins during their visits qualify under some sort of exception :rotfl:) and that you love the DIS (this Camping Board being primary among the DIS sites). I see your low post count but I trust that it will grow in time.

There was a thread on the other main board about how us Fiends could identify each other. The symbol came to be a lime green Mickey ears outline with a Musket Mickey (one of the Fort's original symbols and now deemed no longer politically correct). People could grab that blank symbol and with crude tools (MS Paint at a minimum) write their DIS name on it so when you went to the Fort and had this sign out at your campsite other DISsers could find you a kindred soul.

The sign could be printed on paper and stuck in a camper or rv window. I myself had it printed on a waferboard like those countless political signs stuck in the ground and use an H-wire stuck in the ground. Other people had them printed on vinyl magnets for their vehicles and even put on t-shirts. Some folks added their favorite Disney character.

I'll see if I can give that old thread a bump. I'm glad you asked your original question. I bet some others were wondering too.

Bama ED

I remember on our last trip I saw a boat load of campers with these green mickey heads with names on them. Now I know. They were all fiends. Cool!

Thanks!:thumbsup2

It's really ashame that things went down the way they did. :sad2:

I haven't been on this board long and I don't check in every day or have the time to read everything so I don't know the whole story. All I do know, FWIW, is that I've never felt attacked by any posters here; fiend or otherwise.

Here's wishing everyone well on whatever path (or forum) life leads you. :goodvibes

We have come to our favorite place on earth since 2003
Fort Wilderness. We have to stay in a cabin but that doesn't lessen our love of the Fort. It took us a while to do our first post and we don't post much because who wants to see what two senior citizens have to say,but we love the camping board. We check it daily and only miss when we are at the Fort and can't post(don't bring mac book along). We just returned on Jan 31 after 2 weeks and missed all. Please tell us that our favorite poster will be back, he filled our days when we are not there with pictures and story so we still felt connected to what we love. We are FIENDS and love you all even though we have only met a few. Keep up the good work and know we are wishing for all our members return. A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Hey i only returned to this board after a long time away to say that i am a fiend!!! On a new forum!!

Hey i only returned to this board after a long time away to say that i am a fiend!!! On a new forum!!
and I found the other "fiends" there too! Thanks!!

I just have to say my piece. I have been on the Dis a long time. I have never been a huge poster, just a little something here and there. Now, I have been lurking on this board for a long time and was very impressed by the knowledge here. I have looked back through all the posts made by TCD and many of the other banned "fiends", what I have seen is TONS of informative posts and a tad bit of good natured banter. I posted for the first time here about my stay at the CABINS, some campers don't even look at that as part of the whole FW thing, but I was warmly welcomed and encouraged to interact with the group here.

I invited my brother to these boards years ago. He started hanging out on the community board. One group accepted him right away (something to do with pickles maybe??), another group was a whole different story! He made one post on the "test" group thread and someone there didn't like his brand-new tag given to him by the tag fairy! The whole group was on him like white on rice. Guess who got banned? Not any of the jerks who were VERY sarcastic, rude and hateful, no my brother the newbie.:confused3 Seems one of the group there was friends with one of the moderators. They went back edited and deleted threads, but I saw them before that happened. He sent questions to the mods/wm but not even an answer from them. I have felt guilty for staying here ever since.:guilty:

So I have come to realize that it is ok to act like a pompous Ja*******, as long as you don't ever disagree with the wrong person here. There are different types of sarcasm, some are meant to be funny. I suggest you go look at the argumentative posts of someone who BICKERs all the time or people on a board that think they own a group thread and can demand that you delete your tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *********
rules around these parts, your thread, your rules...go MAC!

*******, you have the right to remove your tag.
go to edit and you can have it deleted.

we do not want that tag you have displayed here.
it is very offensive.

end of discussion...

How exclusive does that sound? Yes, my db became a jerk after that, who wouldn't? I know that no one on that thread ended up banned! I guess it's all in who you offend! I bet that time will show that the informative threads made by those who are no longer on this thread (like TCD) will rise to the top over and over, as there will be no one here with the depth of knowledge provided by the BANNED ones!:sad2: I almost wish that all the information posted by those "banned fiends" had gone "poof" with them!

I was never a "fiend," but intend to be one now! on another forum! Long Live the "fort fiends" and the "snarky Fiendmingo!"!:cool1:

I don't care where you go, if you make someone mad, do you not think you won't get a buncha flack from them ? It's only human nature that you can't please everyone all of the time and no matter what you might say, you WILL offend someone.
A person who can't take puches with a grain of salt , shouldn't be onna board (anyboards), but I agree that a attack is wrong, no matter what,, believe me when I say, no matter where you go, there will be drama and contaversy, we are human and it can't be helped.
Sorry to see you go, (altho I personally never saw you here)
Good bye,,and may god bless.

I don't care where you go, if you make someone mad, do you not think you won't get a buncha flack from them ? It's only human nature that you can't please everyone all of the time and no matter what you might say, you WILL offend someone. of course, you are right! My problem is the over reaction that permanently bans long time members of a close knit group or the way different people are treated.
A person who can't take puches with a grain of salt , shouldn't be onna board (anyboards), but I agree that a attack is wrong, no matter what,, believe me when I say, no matter where you go, there will be drama and contaversy, we are human and it can't be helped. I wish that all the boards were sprinkled with some kind of pixie dust! I know you are right, but I shouldn't have stayed after my db was banned and I guess I came upon all this, right after I had been reading all the trip reports and responses to questions posted here. I envied the closeness of this group and had already starting talking to my db about buying a tt!!Sorry to see you go, (altho I personally never saw you here) I only posted one post on this forum after we came back from our first trip to FW 1/5-1/8.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2632839

Good bye,,and may god bless.
Thank you, you too! I don't know if this post will get me banned or not, but I just had to express my point of view. I have enjoyed your humor and posts as well during my lurking!:goodvibes

This is never going to end is it. Just when I feel like the past is in the past someone dredges it up again.:confused:

Yes I am a newbie to posting, not a newbie to the Fort. I'll keep reading but i only post if I have something positive to say.

Cherie

This is never going to end is it. Just when I feel like the past is in the past someone dredges it up again.:confused:

Yes I am a newbie to posting, not a newbie to the Fort. I'll keep reading but i only post if I have something positive to say.

Cherie

It's a little hard to not notice the crater that has been created here. Fort Fiends are friends for life, not until the forum changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter