Look out Florida, here we come! Day 7: Going home (an adventure in itself) and final thoughts

jimvis

Earning My Ears
Cast of Characters:

Mom- 39
Dad- 39
Piglet- me! 13-yo girl
Eeyore- 13-yo girl
Buzz Lightyear- 10-yo boy
Pluto- 6-yo boy

Monday, 11/13

Our flight home left at 11:25. We wanted to be at the airport at 10:25. We wanted to leave HIFS by 9:15. If you have read the rest of our trip report, do you think this happened? Of course not. I had my stuff all over the place, and I hadn't packed any of it the night before. All 4 kids had a hard time getting up and moving. We finally checked out of the hotel at about 9:50. We had bags piled in the trunk and on our laps in the car. After stopping for gas and to pay several tolls, we arrived at the airport at 10:35. This wasn't that bad, except that Dad still had to return the car to Alamo. He helped mom get the bags checked in at the skycap, and then left to return the car. Mom was convinced that he would miss the flight. She took the kids to the gate to check in. We found out that we could not get any seats together. The older kids could sit by themselves, but Mom told them that she had to sit w/ Pluto. He was still very anxious about flying. They told us to wait until just before the flight was to take off to see if people didn't show up. If they didn't, then we could have their seats. We waited, and just as the agent was reassigning seats so that at least some of us could sit together, Dad came running in. He had made it to Alamo, returned the car, and ridden the shuttle back in 35 min! We all made it on the flight and some of us got to sit together. Mom was very relieved. The flights went smoothly but we did not enjoy coming home to cold temperatures and snow flurries!

Final Thoughts:

We all enjoyed WDW a lot, even though mom was very disappointed that we missed so much. If we had one more day there, we could have finished Epcot and possibly AK.

The crowds were much worse than we had expected for this time of the year, but only in some places. MK on the first day was not bad at all, but Epcot and AK were very crowded. MGM was managable, but MK on saturday for the MSEP was crazy!

Mom does not like the character bus. It was much nicer to meet characters in all of the countries. The bus schedule did not match our schedule. We just happened to come across it on the last day, and it was complete chaos.

We were somewhat disappointed w/ AK, maybe because it was so crowded and we didn't get to see it all. It does have some good things (Kilimanjaro Safaris, Lion King, Dinosaur) but most of it seems like it's aimed at little kids. (my opinion) We might enjoy it more if we could spend more time there when it was less crowded.

It definitely takes at least 2 days to see all of Epcot. We did not see any of the Land, Living Seas, or most of the rides and movies in the World Showcase. We were in Epcot for 1 1/2 days, plus the night we saw ToN and Illuminations.

The boys (10 and 6) really enjoyed the Kidcot stops for the masks in Epcot, but they took a lot of time. This may be part of why we missed so much in Epcot.

We enjoyed all of the character meals we went to, (Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and Garden Grill) and would recommend them all.

Overall, everyone loved our stay at WDW, and we can't wait to go back someday! ;)

A magical trip! Thanks for sharing it with us. Looking forward to the next time.... :D

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>
mickey87.gif
jump.cgi

I've been reading along through all of your family's adventures!! All in all it seems as though you had a wonderful vacation! You have excellent writing skills..... perhaps a future journalist! :D

pooh-chris01.gif

84 - Disneyland
00 - offsite (HIFS)
01 - offsite (HIFS)

Hi Piglet!!
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed all of your trip reports!! You are a very talented writer.

We had our first ever WDW vacation this past summer. We were at the World for 4 days and then onto to the Cruise. Would you believe that it rained every day? Like you, we did not get to see all of the shows or ride all of the rides because of the inclement weather. But we still had fun. And we had trouble getting up in the morning as well (DD is 15 and DS is 12).

Thanks againg for sharing your great vacation with us!!

Pam
Ó

Hi Piglet,

You did a wonderful job writing about your trip. I haven't been reading any reports for a few months because of getting ready for the holidays so I just finished all of your installments. You may have missed a few days of school but the experience you got writing the report more than made up for it. I hope your teacher read it and gave you credit for the wonderful job you did.
:) :D

Jacque

I really thought you were going to say your Dad missed the plane.. Thank God, he made it.. Phew

Mac-key Mouse QOBGOC
dancecindy.gif

<font color=red>Coordinator of the First Annual Official Dis Convention </font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter