Look passed the furniture!

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
I need to vent. My investment property is on the market. My tenant is moving out soon, and has been fabulous. However, their taste in furniture is unique and could be off putting to some people. Sure enough, the feedback after several showings is that people can’t look passed the furniture. The place is in great shape and is priced right, based on the activity in the area, and the activity we are seeing. I know I could drop the price, but I’m trying to minimize my losses. I’m just so frustrated that people can’t separate the house from the furniture, and in a month that furniture won’t be there. But I’m a month I may have a lot more competition.
That’s all. Thanks for letting me vent.

If time is working against you (sounds like a warm weather locale or university setup) you should still be able to get your price from the Johnnies- come-lately. Might even be able to raise your price a bit to recover staging costs.

You'd be surprised how many people can't look past furniture/furnishings, paint color, etc. We got a great deal on our current home because the décor was stuck in the 60's - 80's.

It's hard, people just can't separate their minds and see the possibilities, hence why staging and cleaning up is vital to a quick profitable sale.

Back 17 years ago when we sold our last house our agent had a number of "demands" in order to be a client of hers. Seemed a bit much, but she knew how to sell for sure. The inteirior of the house got a fresh coat of paint, calling it cheap was an understanment, but that new paint smell mattered. They didn't much much just painted around it, then they would paint once the house was empty. She also had all the carpets cleaned by the her carpet cleaner. We were also to rake the carpets. Biggest thing, we had to agree to not cook any bacon as soon as the house went on the market and we agreed to let her use the oven to bake cookies. I can't complain, house sold within a couple of days and for over asking price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter