Look What DH Just Bought

Princess_Aurora

<font color=green>President of the Clueless Club..
Well, we were in need of a second car since I'll be working soon, but we determined that we couldn't actually afford a second car payment until after I started bringing home money. So to solve the dilema, DH brings this home

motorcycle.JPG

The payments are cheap, the gas is cheap, and it'll get him to work and back (assuming it's not raining.) Only problem is, he's never driven a motorcycle before in his life! Now he has to take motorcycle classes and learn how to drive it and then go get a motorcycle license.

I can't decide if it's cool or crazy???

I agree with the "good excuse" reply.

We are [hopefully] going to be moving an hour away from my workplace and my car will not make the commute.

I have been driving our min-van each day while mine is currently out of commission but I don't want to put that many miles on it!

I considered getting a bike, but did not because of rain and the need for a vehicle the family can use if the van is out of commission.

Of course, with a really big sidecar......

Well, his theory is on rainy days I could just drop him off at work and pick him up later.

I would love a motorcycle....but I can't see DDs being on it with me as I go down the highway.;)

Please buy him a good helmet, sunglasses, boots and insist he wear pants.
I think there are many responsible motorcyclists.. however I spent many hours debriding patients "road rash" from the ones who refused to wear proper riding apparel.

wishing him many safe hours of commuting and enjoyment!

btw.. love the color.. pretty darn snazzy!

Joan

I don't like them. It's too easy to get hurt. They break fast, increasing the possibility of accidents. There is just nothing to protect you if there is an accident.
A friend spent eight months in a cast because of an accident. One of my husbands best friends died on one, a boyfriend of a friend of mine died after lingering in the hospital for some time, and a coworker now has a prosthetic leg after an accident, he probably would have died too if his wife hadn't been following him in her truck, she was able to keep his blood loss to a minimum after his leg was on the other side of the street. That's my experience with motorcycles. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter