Looking for a bag/backpack

K

KAMLEM1

Quite a few months ago, someone posted a website that had a bag/backpack that I really liked, now I have no idea what it was called. It was like a backpack but it only went over one shoulder. There were many different sizes. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

The healthy back bag is exactly what I was talking about! I found their website, too (Ameribag). Thanks!

Those bags look great...I hate waist backs and don't like to wear backpacks. What size would be best for a Disney trip? I was thinking medium or large...does that sound about right? I have a 12 yr old and a 13 yr old, so I wouldn't have to lug around tons of stuff.

Sandy =)

I ordered a medium yesterday. I need it mostly for a camera, credit card/pass holder and other small things. You cannot order from the Ameribag site but they give you a list of sites to get them from. Some of those sites don't sell every type. I wanted the medium sized tech bag and the best price was from LUGGAGE & LEATHER ($80 + $5.75 shipping). They're expensive but I think they'll be worth it.

I just found out there is a store right up the street from where I work that supposedly carries this...guess I know where I am going after work! I agree...they are not cheap...however, I figure between our Disney trip and the fact that my kids play competetive soccer and I am always traveling somewhere with them...this should pay for itself pretty quickly.

What store did you find that sells them?? Is it a national store like target??I would love to get one but I wanted to see them to compare size.

If you look at the ameribag.com site, you put in your state and they list the stores. I do remember London Harness but most of the stores were specialty stores. They don't always carry all types, either. They give you the dimensions on the website.

I checked out ebags, too, but when you included the price of the bag and the shipping, LUGGAGE & LEATHER was less expensive.

These are definitely the best prices I have seen. I wish that I didn't order mine already. This site actually shows someone carrying the bag. I wish I knew which size it was, it looks awfully big. I ordered a medium, I hope I didn't make a mistake.

I think the medium size is just about the right size for WDW. It's slightly longer than a day backpack by an inch or two but not as wide or as deep. Day backpacks have about 1600 - 2000 cubic inches of space. I'm not sure how they are measuring the Ameribags, since they are teardrop shaped, but if you do the math on their medium size (19"x10"x5.5") it comes out to 1045 cubic inches of space, and their small size (17"x9"x5.5") only 842 cubic inches. This is not including the space in the 3 outer pockets. Their techbag medium model is a little bigger (19"x12"x5.5") and has 1254 cubic inches of space. You can see more pictures of people carrying Ameribags at www.ebags.com.

Well, my bag arrived today and as I suspected, it's too big. I only want to carry a small camcorder, camera and some other small items. It turns out that my friend has one she bought at LL Bean and she didn't even know it was a healthy back bag and it's just the size I want. Surprisingly, it's an extra small. I just ordered that and will be going to the post office tomorrow to return the first one. I am very disappointed because I really like the tech bag with all it's pockets. And I like the color and fabric better, too. Oh, well. Let's see how this one turns out! I ordered the nylon. My friend has the microfiber - I did not like that at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter