Looking for a German Experience in Wisconsin.

If you are looking for another German experience for another trip sometime. Try southern Indiana especially like Jasper. Evansville also has a lot of German stuff, like Germania Maennerchor. They have a Volksfest every year. I have been inside that place, during the Volksfest and it is really cool. They also have a German restaurant Gerst Haus not too from there (no more than a couple miles).
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Monroe WI also has a nice German and Swiss vibe too! We have some friends that just moved their. Not to far from New Glarus.

That's awesome. DH would really prefer to stay in the same hotel all 3 nights, but he'll do what I want to do. Would you spend 3 nights near there & drive to Madison, spend 3 nights near downtown Madison & drive there or split the stay? It appears the New Glarus hotels have Madison addresses anyway. I'm just not sure which area to stay in, without having a lot of time to research. We're leaving here in a few hours having no idea where we're going. 😳

TBH, I'm not thrilled about going to Madison. That was DH's idea, because it's close to our next destination. I'm afraid it will be similar to Tallahassee, which I don't enjoy visiting. I was seriously considering vetoing that idea & going to Milwaukee anyway. Adding on a visit to a Swiss town makes Madison sound much more appealing to me. DH would thank you for helping him finally win one. 😛
Apologies -- I was off line! We've only ever camped in the area (Yellowstone Lake National Park), so don't know anything about the hotels. We've also only gone for the Wilhelm Tell Festival (Labor Day, IIRC) and Oktoberfest (dates change).

For Oktoberfest, it was a hoot. Our son, then 7, got to learn how to make cider and sausage and took a ride in a helicopter, and a whole bunch of other activities. At the end of the weekend, I asked him what he enjoyed most. "Roasting marshmallows over the fire." Sigh. Coulda stayed in the campground for that!

OP, enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter