• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for a recipe

sjh801

Guess who's thinking Disney???
I really liked a sundried tomato pesto that was served with the bread at Tony's Town Square Cafe this past week. I'd like to get the recipe, if possible. I know it's not in the original cookbook from Disney and someone told me it wasn't in the other two I saw at the parks. Any idea how I can find the recipe? Is there a link for any WDW recipes?

Sandy

:)

Don't know if this is at all what you at looking for, but thought I'd post it anyhow.

If not let us know what is different and I'm sure someone from here will be able to help out.

Sundried Tomato Pesto Sauce

A twist on traditional Basil Pesto Sauce, this sauce has been around for a long time. It is wonderful as a condiment with things as diverse as grilled or roast chicken and sliced fresh Summer tomatoes. We love to serve a dollop in our tomato soups all year long. A little goes a long way, which makes preparing this pesto a worthwhile endeavor. Freeze it yourself for use as a condiment in the winter; this pesto freezes beautifully with no loss of taste or texture since its taste doesn't rely completely on fresh herbs.

INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup oil packed Sundried Tomatoes
¾ cup packed stemmed fresh Basil leaves or Parsley leaves
2/3 cup pitted Black Oil-Cured Olives
½ cup Pine Nuts
2 Garlic cloves
2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 tablespoon excellent quality Red Wine Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed

GARNISH:
½ cup Chiffonade of fresh Basil Leaves

DIRECTIONS:

1. Strain oil out of tomatoes and reserve both.
2. Place tomatoes, basil, olives, nuts, garlic and cheese into food processor and pulse until thick.
3. With machine running, add tomato oil to consistency you desire, adding additional olive oil only if needed to adjust consistency.
4. Store in the refrigerator with a piece of plastic wrap covering the surface to prevent oxidation which causes discoloration. Keeps several days in refrigerator and 3 months in freezer. Defrost before using.

PRESENTATION SUGGESTIONS:
Serve over pasta from a large shallow bowl, with the basil chiffonade tossed over all just before serving. Serve with additional freshly grated, slivered or shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Serve on pasta; grilled or roasted chicken or pork; on sliced fresh summer tomatoes, or as a dip for crudités and hors d’Oeuvre.

SERVES: 8-20 depending upon use

I'm not sure wherethis is from, but if I find out I'll post that too.

I can give you other recipes if this one isn't close to what you had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter