Looking for adult Disneybounding ideas...

DisneySOS

Mouseketeer
I searched the forum and didn't see anything recent so here it goes.

I came across Disneybounding and have seen a few things on Pinterest. I wish this was around when I was younger I would have had so much fun! So here's the thing - I'm 44 years old and not built like a Disney princess. I'd love to come up with some simple ideas for myself and possibly others in my family.

There's no way I'd ever consider wearing a dress with heels or even dressy flats to a Disney park in July. I'd like to come up with something comfortable and I don't necessarily need my outfit to scream "Disneybounding". In fact I don't plan on even mentioning the term to my family at all - they already think I'm crazy:crazy:

Some favorite characters are Belle (would love to get others from B&TB as well), any of the Fab 5, Lilo & Stitch, Monsters Inc., Toy Story, I could go on forever...

I'd love to get some ideas and see some pics if anyone on here ever done this.

I think it would be easy enough to adapt a "disbound" outfit for an everyday Disney guest...

For Belle: white camisole under a blue wrap shirt, brown shorts, hair in a flipped under ponytail with blue ribbon

Monsters Inc: striped tee in teal/purple or lime green/blue, blue baseball cap

Lilo: red and white Hawaiian shirt, black shorts, white flower in your hair

Toy Story: plaid shirt, jean shorts, braids with red bows, cow print accessory

I had no idea what you were talking about until I googled it...Please, I beg of you don't tell my 15 year old!

Here is a quiz I found that may be of interest for you

http://blogs.disney.com/disney-styl...ich-character-should-you-disneybound-as-next/

If I was going to do this, I would go to my local thrift store (Sally's) on Wednesdays because they have 50% off then. Good luck

LOL I found it by accident when I googled "Disney Bound" and I was mesmerized! I wish I could have done this for my trip when I was 19 with my BFF - we would have had a blast!

I took the quiz and it told me Rapunzel - may have to check it out...

I think it would be easy enough to adapt a "disbound" outfit for an everyday Disney guest...

For Belle: white camisole under a blue wrap shirt, brown shorts, hair in a flipped under ponytail with blue ribbon

Monsters Inc: striped tee in teal/purple or lime green/blue, blue baseball cap

Lilo: red and white Hawaiian shirt, black shorts, white flower in your hair

Toy Story: plaid shirt, jean shorts, braids with red bows, cow print accessory

Great pic! I kept focusing on the yellow dress for Belle and I was getting discouraged. Thanks for breaking stuff down - I need to simplify. If I play my cards right I can Disneybound all of them with the B&TB theme. Red shirt for DH, brown shorts & belt - so easy!! I've envisioning my mom as Mrs. Potts, my son as Chip & DD as hmmm Fifi? lol

Here are some of our favorites:
232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5947%3Dot%3E2326%3D784%3D437%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3C84%3B64%3B247ot1lsi
232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7465%3Dot%3E2326%3D784%3D437%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3C84%3B64%3A247ot1lsi
232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4%3C95%3Dot%3E2326%3D784%3D437%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3C84%3A%3B36247ot1lsi

This was one of our favorite things from last summer! And the characters loved it!

I've got a some outfits prepped for our visit in May -

Snow White:
Yellow shorts from J Crew
Blue tank top from old navy
Red sparkle headband from etsy

Rapunzel:
Lilac tank top from J Crew
Darker purple shorts
Gold sparkle headband from etsy

Ariel in mermaid form:
Light purple top
Seafoam (ish) green shorts from Old Navy

My Dd14 last summer. Last minute dig in your closet outfits...jungle cruise, Lilo, and Snow White. She also did Tink with a lime green tank and white shorts.

All great ideas! I love looking at stuff on Pinterest but some of them are way too involved and honestly look kind of uncomfortable to walk around the park in. Many of these pics are perfect.

I've started collecting the different Disney Cosplay hair bows that are sold at Hot Topic. So far I have Ariel, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Peter Pan, Snow White, Jack Skellington, Anna, and Vanelope Von Schweetz (sp). That's the little touch I do for
bounding. I need to search Pinterest for our trip to WDW in December.

I'm going to try Disneybounding a couple of times in this upcoming trip!

My main focus is Pooh because he is my absolute faaave.

I'm also trying to figure out Tiana ideas, but it's hard because she mainly wore dresses.

If Baymax is there, I'm gonna wear a white t-shirt or quarter sleeve shirt with Baymax's face on it. (I might do that anyways because Baymax is a cutie)

disneybound.tumblr has amazing outfits and some are very simple/doable. also, if you instagram, search #disneybound or #disneybounding or my favorite #disneyboundmarchchallenge. some "bounders" took the challenge to do a disneybound outfit everyday for the month of march and the results were amazing! such a variety of characters and styles. Some were very elaborate and some were much more simple! check them out for some inspiration.

ahhh, but i've seen some cute Tiani outfits that have pants or shorts. Just because the character wears dresses, doesn't mean you have to! My daughter is going to bound as Mulan in her yellow/blue/green outfit. She will wear yellow jeans, a blue t-shirt and green infinity scarf. Now we have to find some cute accessories!

I don't know how to post a photo...but since I am a total nerd,(and middle aged) I embarassed my teen son by wearing my "Minnie" outfit on our last trip to the MK..... I had a red dress with white polka dots (Modcloth.com) that is light and breezy, and wore black leggings, and yellow Keds type sneakers...and a black bow clip in my hair (understated on purpose) it was easy,and fun! I don't want 'attention' I just wanted to feed my inner geek and have fun with it! And I did- FWIW,I wear the dress quite a bit in summer anyway since it's comfortable.

ahhh, but i've seen some cute Tiani outfits that have pants or shorts. Just because the character wears dresses, doesn't mean you have to! My daughter is going to bound as Mulan in her yellow/blue/green outfit. She will wear yellow jeans, a blue t-shirt and green infinity scarf. Now we have to find some cute accessories!
Hmm that is true! Thanks! I'll have to be on the lookout for Tiana-esque outfits. :)

I did not know about Disneybounding on my last trip and wore a red T-shirt to a Pooh M&G. I could not understand at first why Pooh about squeezed the life out of me!

So I was pondering doing something purple and black for Maleficent this time around. Not that I'll see her on my visit. Just for fun!

Just ordered a yellow romper. Hope it fits me, because then I can just do a thin, loose red cardigan for Pooh and a thin loose dark green cardigan for Tiana.

Just ordered a yellow romper. Hope it fits me, because then I can just do a thin, loose red cardigan for Pooh and a thin loose dark green cardigan for Tiana.

sounds perfect for both! maybe some cute honey bee earrings for pooh? that could be adorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter