Looking for advise

Grandma D

Where the Magic begins...
Any suggestions on where a large family with a five yr old that has special needs (very week, feeding tube,undergoing cancer treatments) can stay that is not expensive?

I live in the Tampa bay area of Florida. My grandchildren from Tennessee are visiting this week. Five little girls- ages- 7, 5, 5 (twins) 3, and 11 months with Dad and Mom. Also Florida grand children- 6 yrold and 4 yr old.(with Mom) The 4 yr old is having a birthday the 23rd, the 7 yr old just had a birthday the 15th.

The children will be returning to Tennessee on the 27th and I do not know how long it will be before I see them again (funds are very low)

The five year old had surgery for a Brain tumor a few months ago with radiation therapy since, she will be returning home to undergo a year more of Chemo. She can not keep food down and now has a feeding tube. With the heat in Florida she will not be able to walk around alot as she tires easily.
All the other children are very active, want to celebrate the birthdays and of course see Mickey or Disney.
I thought maybe a stay at a hotel for one or two nights with a character dining.

It is hard to find a place to stay for this week for all of us. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

So you need a place that sleeps 8?

I would recommend looking into a house or condo rental. We stayed at Clarion Suites Resort World, N. Poinciana Blvd in Kissimmee Fl back in '03 for $111 / night including maid service. That was for a 3 bedroom condo (master bedroom slept 2, second bedroom slept 4 (2 dbl beds), third bedroom slept 1 and finally the living room had a full sized pull out couch). It had a full kitchen and washer / dryer.

PM me if you have any questions and I'll be praying for the 5 year old's recovery.

Thanks for the information and the prayers. The Clarion did not have room for the night we wanted. I was able to get a cabin in Fort Widerness for one night so we should be fine. The children are so excited they can't wait to go.
Thanks again

Great suggestion, I went to the website and found the information. We will have to have her Doctor refer her for some time in the future.
Thanks

stay onsite.. for next visit, you could consider renting points from a DVC owner - 2 bedroom villas, onsite, with a full kitchen and a washer dryer..

Just a thought..:)

Have a wonderful, birthday filled vacation with your grandbabies.. :goodvibes

:sunny:

We had a great time at Fort Wilderness. It was only one night, but all the kids had fun. Abby(Chemo treatments)could not go on any of the play areas or pools so none of the girls went. They did get to ride the bus around the whole area. Pony rides for each of the girls was wonderful. I do recommend getting the Golf Cart way in advance. They were booked and it made it very difficult to get around in the heat.
Thank you everyone for your help.

Grandma D thank you so much for taking the time to update us on your special visit with the children!! How sweet they are!!

Hope you can follow thru with Make A wish - if you have time you should also check out the give kids the world, it sounds like you were granted the wish of your grandchildren!! Thank you for sharing... :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter