Looking for "best time" to see Christmas decorations...

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
Husband and I have APs that will expire end of January 2019 which we won't be renewing so thinking about squeezing in a short fall/early winter trip just to see decorations. (3-4 nights maximum)

We have the flexibility to travel anytime so can go midweek to avoid more crowded weekends. We don't want to travel Thanksgiving or Christmas weeks.

Suggestions of times to go or avoid? Are Christmas decorations up the first week of November?

Agreed about week AFTER Thanksgiving
The second week of December was excellent as well.
First week of Decemberis Pop Warner from all over the country, and the third week is building up.to Christmas and gets significantly busier.
Don't miss Candlelight Processional, it's awesome!
Edited to correct cheerleaders to Pop Warner.

Last edited:
Suggestions of times to go or avoid? Are Christmas decorations up the first week of November?

It is my experience that in early November the parks are pretty much decorated but that the resorts are not. It is quite amazing how quickly the MK switches from halloween to Christmas.

If you are going "...just to see the decorations." then I suggestion the first or second week of December. We have made many trips during those weeks. The resorts will be decorated and the crowds will be lower. The weather will be a bit cooler but that never bothered us.

2nd week of December. The first week of December is affected by Pop Warner, in our experience, and there are still crowds lingering the week after Thanksgiving. Weeks 3 and 4 in December -forget about it. :)

MK will be decorated that first week, but that is the ONLY place that will be decorated. It takes the rest of the month to get all the others done. If you want to see all the decorations, you need to wait until after Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter