Looking for College near Disneyland

Lexiealea

Earning My Ears
I am looking for a college near disneyland,I want to participate in the disney program. A few requirements though nothing religious,and no universities please.

Cal State Fullerton is close by, and has a reputation of having a lot of DL CM's. And Cal State Long Beach is also fairly close and can be reached via the OCTA bus. But both are "universities" - CSUF and CSULB. Why is that a problem?

A college will offer degrees in one specific area (i.e. a business college), a university will typically have multiple colleges offering multiple types of degrees.

I am looking for a college near disneyland,I want to participate in the disney program. A few requirements though nothing religious,and no universities please.

I'm gonna guess that by "no universities" you mean, no private universities? as PP mentioned, CSULB and CSUF are universities, however they're public schools. UCI is (kind of) near by, but it's the one for the area, and is also a public school. There is also Fullerton City College nearby, also public. Chapman University is the only private school that I can think of near Disneyland, and that's in Orange, just about 10 miles east. Most Disney CMs attend CSUF.

This should be more helpful to you:
http://www.anaheim.net/article.asp?id=35

Maybe OP didn't want to go to a school with a football team. None of CSUF, CSULB, or UCI have football teams. Chapman does though, but they might not have a marching band.

OP is probably looking for a two-year school/community college, but would probably enjoy Cal St. Fullerton for the comradery with fellow CM's.

Thanks and yes I mean't not a private university, to clarify I plan on going to college public in california and go to a university with dorms aka more expensive in Australia. So I wanted something local but not like private, with all that fancy stuff. :-)

I'm pretty sure that I've read about people doing the college program in FL while being enrolled in an online school. You might look into if that would make you eligible for the program. I think there may also be different international requirements that might be easier than enrolling in a local school and completing the required semester before applying.

What major are you looking for?

I highly recommend Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC). It's in Walnut, about a 30 minute drive to Disneyland. A lot of students there participate in the DCP. I'd say about 40% of my friends from Mt. SAC have participated in the program at one point or another.

I went to CSUF - people used to call it Cal State Disneyland so many students were CMs. Both CSUF and Long Beach are mostly commuter schools though - they have limited dorm space and are empty on weekends.

UC Irvine looks far but it's a straight shot up the 5 - quick to get there off-traffic hours. It is much harder to get into however.

Fullerton Jr College is near CSUF and is a good 2 year school ( no dorms).

Sounds like you're on top of this but here's a link on the college program.
http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/about-disney-college-program/overview/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter