Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts - We're still here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ty day! I went to my friend Sarah's for a playdate and came home for lunch. Mason was cranky but nothing out of the ordinary for right before naptime. Woke up 3 hours later and was strangely silent. I looked closer and noticed his lips were moving but no sound was coming out. He hunched over and I noticed his chest and belly were moving very rapidly and very shallowly (is that a word?). I gt really scared. He coughed a few times which I knew w as a good sign and started crying, which was also a good sign.

Called the ped and told them the situation, thought it sounded like BAD croup. The nurse heard him breathing and asked how quickly we coiuld get over there. With traffic it could have been 30 minutes. She said I should call 911 just to be safe and get the ambulance to take me. Given that I had Maddie to care for as well and I was a nervous wreck, I thought it was the best thing to do.

An ambulance arrived, along with a fire engine and 3 police cars. I literally had 10 guys in my livingroom at once! They checked Mason over and got his O2 sat (99%) and listened to his chest and throat. His throat wasn't moving all that much air. They gave him oxygen blow-by I think that is what it's called) but he wasn't really cooperating.

We arrived at the hospital and they put us in a room...we waited forever and poor Mason was struggling so much. He was seen by a nurse, a very curt doctor, and a nice respiratory therapist who gave him albuterol. We waited a while then a nurse came in and gave him a steroid shot in his thigh. The doc hardly came in at all. I hated him. Matt met us at the hospital with my car so we could get the kids home.

We got discharged around 7:30 and stopped at Wendy's for a drive thru dinner. Mason still sounds like **** and we were instructed to go to his ped first thing in the morning. What a day!

Well I am planning our trip like crazy I am coming up to my ADR date and I think I am going to try to book them online. I am also going to try for CRT this time around and I am thinking Lunch is the best value even though I would really like breakfast. Other than that it is work and just getting life together since Mike and I are always so busy.

We cannot get this stupid( I really do love her) dog to go outside to the bathroom and I am so sick of it. She is 6 months old now and I just want to be done with this part . I just want to enjoy her and not worry about her going all over the house. Any advice?

I am hoping to get here more often and say hello to my Disbuds.
:cheer2: for the ADRS! It sounds like the on-line system is working really well now. Your trip is getting so close.

I'm still at a 7 for pain - I'd say it was 9 on my Sx night. I talked with the dental asst today, and she said my gums were cut up pretty bad, so that's not unusual. I usually have a really high pain treshold, too. I refused the morphine after my car accident. But I just can't seem to get on top of this enough to sleep unless I take the pain pill and a glass of wine too. Hopefully it will just be a couple more days.

About the dog - does she sleep in a crate? They usually won't pee where they sleep, so you could keep her crate by the back door - make her sleep in it at night, then take her outside when you get up. You could put her in it except to go outside and play for a few minutes and take her out every few hours for a couple of days. Give her treats when she pees outside. The crate needs to be big enough for her to stand up and turn around in. Good luck. We had a cocker spaniel we got at 3 mos and we never could housebreak him in 5 years. We finally put him outside for a year, and then we felt bad so we put him up for adoption.

****ty day! I went to my friend Sarah's for a playdate and came home for lunch. Mason was cranky but nothing out of the ordinary for right before naptime. Woke up 3 hours later and was strangely silent. I looked closer and noticed his lips were moving but no sound was coming out. He hunched over and I noticed his chest and belly were moving very rapidly and very shallowly (is that a word?). I gt really scared. He coughed a few times which I knew w as a good sign and started crying, which was also a good sign.

Called the ped and told them the situation, thought it sounded like BAD croup. The nurse heard him breathing and asked how quickly we coiuld get over there. With traffic it could have been 30 minutes. She said I should call 911 just to be safe and get the ambulance to take me. Given that I had Maddie to care for as well and I was a nervous wreck, I thought it was the best thing to do.

An ambulance arrived, along with a fire engine and 3 police cars. I literally had 10 guys in my livingroom at once! They checked Mason over and got his O2 sat (99%) and listened to his chest and throat. His throat wasn't moving all that much air. They gave him oxygen blow-by I think that is what it's called) but he wasn't really cooperating.

We arrived at the hospital and they put us in a room...we waited forever and poor Mason was struggling so much. He was seen by a nurse, a very curt doctor, and a nice respiratory therapist who gave him albuterol. We waited a while then a nurse came in and gave him a steroid shot in his thigh. The doc hardly came in at all. I hated him. Matt met us at the hospital with my car so we could get the kids home.

We got discharged around 7:30 and stopped at Wendy's for a drive thru dinner. Mason still sounds like **** and we were instructed to go to his ped first thing in the morning. What a day!

Oh Lydia! That is so scarey! Does he normally have allergies or asthma? My prayers are with you! :hug:

I was just thinking about your business this morning - how are you doing with your goal? I'll definately go on and order - looks like cute stuff, I just couldn't make up my mind earlier in the month.

Lydia- Croup is very scary and is very hard to control if you cannot get ahead of it. If you ever notice this happening again get him in the bathroom roll a towel and place it at the bottom of the door and turn the shower on as hot as it will go and just sit with him that usually helps loosen things up a bit. If it ever flairs up during the winter take him outside and stay out there for 15 mins or so.

Blow by O2 is just oxygen they usually use this for kids because they wont hold a mask on.
Which hospital did you go to? I use to work at Exeter in the ER the doctors are very good, but can be strapped since they have to take care of 20 rooms alone. Just they way things work now a days. I would call you hospital to complain it helps.

How is Mason feeling now? If you ever need anything feel free to call I am not sure if you have my number, but I am more than happy to help.

Tammie- If the wine and pain pills are working then use them. How about a tylenol PM? How much advil are you taking? An adult over 150lbs can take up to 4 every 6 to 8 hours so 800 mg. If you do this please eat first. I hope you feel better soon.

We are watching Handy Manny and then it's off to buy Luca the Mattress for his big boy bed can I cry now? I can't believe how big he is . It is just amazinghow fast time flies by. His new favorite term is " but WHY mama?" can you believe it? :eek: I also called him Badookie the other day and he said No Mama I'm Luca!!! :scared1:

Matt took Mason to the doctor this morning and hopefully he can get some relief. Watching him breathe all night was excruciating. The strider is hard enough to hear while he was coughing but to listen to him struggle all night was TOUGH. I am wondering if they will admit him.

We were at St. Joseph's in Nashua...not my fave ER. I went there for my kidney stones too and they were just eh".

OMG Lydia! How scary!!!! Hope all is well with Mason now.

Jillian - here is my .02 on dog training. First of all, Tammie is right, crate training is the best. AND here's my little "secret." When you take her out, always take her on a leash, even if you have a fenced yard. That way, when she does her thing, you will know it and can praise the heck out of her instantly, so she knows WHY she is being praised. Also, you need to think for her. Take her out every hour, immediately when she wakes up, a few minutes after eating, etc. HOnestly, Bucky was trained in about 3 days this way. Jeff made fun of me for taking him out so much, but I was relentless and it worked. Also, put her in her crate from time to time for a couple hours at a time. She won't go in there, so as soon as she comes out, take her out immediately and she should go and again PRAISE her to the point of you looking stupid to your neighbors. She will love the praise and work hard to earn it, i.e. going potty outside!

I'm back...........................:sad1:
I will definitely have to catch up here later!
Thought about you guys all the time. I will try and only be crabby about being home for a day or two! I just love that place.

Lydia - YIKES! I hope Mason is going to be ok. My Jamie (DD6)had RSV when she was little and she's never really recovered. She's home today with a fever and stuffy nose. When she gets stuffy like this her lungs fill up with fluid and she can't breath, then we have to drag out the nebulizer. How many of us have a nebulizer - raise your hand!:sick:

Deb - glad to see you're back, but we know you're not glad.

Well I have to get ready to take Megan (DD9) to her therapist. We had a big fight last night because she was jealous Jamie was trying to sit next to me. Give me a break. I went to the library last night and got Megan 'Are you there God, It's me Margaret.' I didn't realized I had never read the book when I was a kid. It's a little strange to read it now, but still interesting. I alos picked up Diary of Anne Frank - let's see if she actually starts to read it.

Cammie/Kara - did you see it's going to rain off and on the rest of the week. Just what we need. I'm taking the girls to Gillette Stadium tomorrow night for the Relay for Life walk so they can help light the Lumineers around the stadium. Should be fun.

Oh Lydia! That is so scary! Does he normally have allergies or asthma? My prayers are with you! :hug:

I was just thinking about your business this morning - how are you doing with your goal? I'll definitely go on and order - looks like cute stuff, I just couldn't make up my mind earlier in the month.

He doesn't have either but he is very prone to getting croup for some reason. His first bout with it was at 5 weeks old and he was hospitalized.

I am about halfway to my goal and have another week and a half to sell 120.00! Thanks for your support.

Erin- Where are you? How is the princess? Is school out across the pond?

Oh my goodness i know i have been absent for a while haven't really had a chance to read back but i will for sure.
Been crazy busy here, no Jillian unfortunately we still have 4 weeks and 1 day left (not that i'm counting or anything) Yep we don't finish till the 17th July, at least it's a few days earlier than last year, the 23rd July :scared1:
Chloe is well thankyou for asking.

Ok now for some good/bad news all wrapped up in one ... My cousin has had a baby :love: he is her third, she had sooo many problems with her pregnancy, because she's an older mum, a bit overweight etc etc and it really was not a smooth sailing pregnancy, she had the docs tell her so many things could be wrong with him from day one, they said he may have downs so she had an amnio and he wasn't then said she had gestational diabetes did a test she didn't, then told her she was carrying far too much fluid which was worrying them etc etc it just wasn't going smoothly so she was due last sunday the 14th so they decided to take her in and induce her so she wouldn't be late, anyway after much waiting he arrived on Monday at 3.22 weighing 8lbs 13 and all was good .. She stayed in monday and tuesday night as with baby no 2 they had a blood clash and he was severly jaundiced and had to be rushed back to hospital after being home for a day .. so finally yesterday after 3 docs saying no he wasn't jaundiced at all (can you see where i'm going with this) they went home, however she still felt he was a little yellow especially in his eyes .. Fast forward to an hour ago when i hear they have had to rush him back into hospital with Jaundice and they will have to be there for at least another 2 days!!! She must be worried sick and i am so sad for them, her and i are soo close and all i want to do is hug her and tell her all will be ok but she lives an hour away and of course i have Chloe, who is right now asleep and sooo excited about going to see baby tomorrow, she knows nothing of what's happened now!!

Anyway so sorry to go on a lot but am so upset and can't put all this on facebook because there are friends her and i have in common that do not know and am sure she wouldn't really want them to know so i turn to you, all on the other side of the world and i know all with your own things going on, but thanks as always for listening :hug:

Erin...I am so sorry and will pray for that little baby! It will be OK! I think Renee has been thru this!

Lydia...I am so sorry for what you went through as well! Super scary stuff girls!

I will be thinking of all of you!

I have spent a day trying to download pix. I need a new computer and lap top! This is just getting ridiculous! Maybe I can get no interest for a year somewhere and buy both and then get this slow thing cleaned up for the kids.

I will keep checking in though.

Here are a few of my favorite pix so far.... I feel like I got some great shots this trip!
DSC09593.jpg

DSC09590.jpg

DSC09607.jpg

DSC09549-1.jpg

I am having a heck of a time uploading since my computer is running so slow. Photobucket didn't upload all of them and seems like some are out of order. I am going to have a heck of a time figuring out which ones didn't get uploaded! You know me though...no TR Just lots of pix. I stink at doing the whole TR.

Mason is feeling much better. Thanks for all of your well wishes. It's been a scary couple of days. He gets croup all the time but this was bad.

Lydia, I'm glad Mason is doing better. Scarey stuff.

Debbie - WELCOME BACK - WE MISSED YOU!:grouphug: I can't see your pics - it says they've been moved :confused3

Erin, don't worry about the baby. Do they have him under the lights? Our Ryan got orange with the yellow eyes, and they just had me lay him in the sun - he's brilliant as you would say:goodvibes Our Londynn had the same story as your cousin's baby, and she was under the light for 24 hours - they were so scared - she's totally fine and a smarty too!:hug:

I'm in a little less pain today - still took the pain pill and wine for tonight, but the advil worked pretty well during the day. I can't take Tylenol PM - it gives me nightmares:eek:

Seriously, Mother Nature?? SERIOUSLY??? I am getting rained out left and right. My annual RibFest weekend is ruined. BLAH!

I forget who asked about Stampin Up stuff but I am placing an order today and if you guys get over 50.00 in your order, I'll ship it for free.

Sorry about your rain, Lydia. We had the first full day of sunshine yesterday after 3 weeks. It's about time. I am going to order, I was looking at your site yesterday trying to figure it out - I will order directly online, because I don't pay sales tax here - that usually saves more than the shipping. Good Luck, you're almost there!:thumbsup2

Where is everyone! I come home and you all ditch!

Hi Tammie!Ii DID move the pix so I need to post again. What exactly happed to your mouth. I obviously missed it.

Lydia....hopefully gray skies are gonna clear up for ya with everything!

Erin..I hope all is better on the baby front!!!

Hi Tina!

Hey....slap of reality! Spent all morning in a flooding basement! Outside with the sump pumps and broom too!

Debbie, that stinks! :headache: Did you get it cleaned up and stopped? I went on your potobucket album - really cute pics! I think I tried to comment in FB, but not sure it posted. Elizabeth is growing up so fast - she is so beautiful - looks like you! Matthew looks like he's falling in love with the princesses!:lovestruc

I had a busy day yesterday, so I wasn't here much. Looks like everyone else is busy too! I have a nail appt this am, then deliveries to make, then an 80th Bday party for Jim's uncle. Tomorrow I'm meeting My Ps for outdoor church and then taking them to lunch for Father's Day. It is only supposed to be 60 tomorrow, which means outdoor church will be about 50!:eek:

im here. i have just be lurking lately. Im off to sand down the swing set yet again and then coat it with stain. yee-haw! Tim is at the lake with Katie, Beth had a slight fever yesterday so I kept her home.

Debbie, that stinks! :headache: Did you get it cleaned up and stopped? I went on your potobucket album - really cute pics! I think I tried to comment in FB, but not sure it posted. Elizabeth is growing up so fast - she is so beautiful - looks like you! Matthew looks like he's falling in love with the princesses!:lovestruc

I had a busy day yesterday, so I wasn't here much. Looks like everyone else is busy too! I have a nail appt this am, then deliveries to make, then an 80th Bday party for Jim's uncle. Tomorrow I'm meeting My Ps for outdoor church and then taking them to lunch for Father's Day. It is only supposed to be 60 tomorrow, which means outdoor church will be about 50!:eek:

I deleted the pix at FB because I didn't realize I was giving everyone access to ALL my pix. Of course I want you guys and my good friends to see them all but I have a lot of random friends on FB....some who I have agreed to even though I am not real friends with them.

Have fun with your family! It is going to be 86 degrees here!

Listen...I want all of you guys to tell me what lap top to buy! Research and get back to me! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter