looking for dining recommendations- family of 4 at spring break

My kids across 3 trips from 5-16 have always asked for Sci Fi dine in. Milkshakes & burgers. Sitting in the cars and watching the screens. I have a photo of them sitting in the car each time we went. I had to ask really nicely a couple times to get that photo (this most recent time the kids around it were absolute monsters). But they always want to go back.

TRex in DS especially since you have young boys. Is the food the absolute best in Disney? No. Will they be talking about it for the rest of your time together and have conversations like... Remember when we went to that dino restaurant and all the stuff was happening?! Yes. Mine still do to this day but that's what we go for.

Some other nostalgia places for us are: Whispering Canyon Cafe, Coral Reef, Be Our Guest, & for some reason Primo Piatto. Again, food quality can be hit or miss at these places I find, but my kids remember their time there compared to other places we ate that in my opinion had better food. Matters to me but to each their own.

Since you are staying at Boardwalk, Flying Fish is right there and it was our best meal our last trip there.

In the parks;

Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tree Tavern
We used to do be our guest, but I’ve heard it’s gone downhill (again I would check trip advisor reviews if you decide to try it).

Epcot - via Napoli first choice , Coral Reef second choice, Garden Grill tied for second (first choice for breakfast in Epcot)

Hollywood Studios - Hollywood and vine has a great breakfast (still great our most recent trip) for for dinner Mamma Melrose was ok for dinner when we went years ago so check the recent reviews on Trip Advisor. I would probably do flying fish that night after the parks

My family loves spending time at table service restaurants at Disney. Such a nice, calm break from the parks—and AC if the weather is hot.

MK - I agree this park is tougher, we enjoy Skipper Canteen. More adventuresome, but typical kids meals available too. Also the Crystal Palace breakfast/brunch is great with the characters, although we don’t enjoy lunch/dinner as much. We were glad to try Cinderella’s Royal Table once (dinner is best) but you’re paying for the experience.

HS- My sons have loved Sci-Fi Cafe regardless of their age. Pretty inexpensive too.

Epcot- We would recommend Via Napoli and San Angel Inn, inside the Mexican pavilion. The kids can get tacos or nachos. Interesting options for adults. The environment is so cool for all ages!

AK- Our favorite is Yak & Yeti, but if the menu doesn’t suit your family, there are lots of other great alternatives.

Hello! I'm just wondering what would be your "dont miss this!" recommendations for dining at Disney. Either for food or experience. Don't worry about the $$, we're already lopping off a limb to go ont his trip, so we've got a comfortable food budget. No dining plan.

Background- family of 4, two boys ages 6,8 who are not that adventurous. We're staying at Boardwalk and will be going into each park. I am not worried about losing time to dining at Table service, if the table service is enjoyable. I know my kids will do better sitting down and eating and resting than going 100000000 miles an hour.
We're already planning to do one character meal- Ohana for breakfast as my youngest is a Stitch maniac. Thanks!
Beaches & Cream at Beach Club, Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Hoop Dee Doo Review, Via Napoli (Pizza), Woody's BBQ. Those are mostly for the kiddos. I wouldn't recommend Boma. We ate there (me, husband and daughter) and none of us are really that picky and my daughter loves a buffet but this was a total miss for us. My daughter tried a lot of things and didn't care for much of it. For you and husband and kids, Homecomin' and Boathouse are good for families.

I just asked my DS 10, where would you tell your best friend to go eat at Disney. Without pause he said Garden Grill, Sci-fi and Biergarten.

Coral Reef, Trex and Via Napoli came in next.

My daughter - 12 years old and a decent but not terribly adventurous eater said:

Garden Grill breakfast
Crystal Palace "in between breakfast and lunch so you get both"
Tusker House
Shiki-Sai (she loves to make her own sushi there - it's on the kids menu but they always let her get it)
San Angel Inn "tell them to sit by the water so they can watch people on the 3 Caballaros ride"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter