Looking for ESTA-users on the EBTA or Alaska cruises 2023

My compliance section says 48 days left to leave the US. I haven't done anything about contacting the CBP or anything yet though. Was hoping it might rectify itself a few weeks after returning home but it's been a month now.

You don't need to contact them, once you have N/A on your compliance and no overstay days you're all good. None of us show a departure port but that doesn't matter. All they're concerned about is that you aren't showing overstay.
I am not 100% sure, I know that the EBTA people had their exit date adjusted to 'Departure unavailable', and it is visible in the travel history.

I am not 100% sure, I know that the EBTA people had their exit date adjusted to 'Departure unavailable', and it is visible in the travel history.
I was on the EBTA and don't show an exit date so I have an entry date for the EBTA then another entry date followed by an exit date.

I was on the EBTA and don't show an exit date so I have an entry date for the EBTA then another entry date followed by an exit date.
Was on EBTA, ours now shows date of leaving USA but location unavailable, took about 3 months to get updated

It's the departure location that unavailable, as you can not have an unavailable exit date

We have done a number of EBTA's and all show location unavailable, so that seems normal for a cruise departure.

I think the problem is that the system is set up just to use airport codes as location of departure, so if you leave on a cruise no code exits for the port. Could also be reason it takes so longer to update the record we can see, as it might have to be done manually

Hi Karin1984, do you have any new updates regarding your departure status? Did it automatically changed after three months? We disembarked the Wonder two months ago and our travel history is still not updated.

I just found the following report (cannot insert link) from the Congressional Research Service regarding the U.S. Entry-Exit System dated May 2023. If you search for the keyword cruise lines" in the document you will get the following paragraph:

"Regarding international departures at sea POEs, biographic data on travelers are collected through passenger manifests, similar to air exit. CBP does not capture biometrics at sea exit as of the date of this report.70 While “CBP has no current biometric demonstrations deployed for cruise lines in the sea exit environment,” it plans to do so in the future.71"

It seems like this is the root-cause why we don't have an exit date??

report:
Google "Immigration: The U.S. Entry-Exit System"

Hi Karin1984, do you have any new updates regarding your departure status? Did it automatically changed after three months? We disembarked the Wonder two months ago and our travel history is still not updated.
Sorry! Only saw your message now. No updates from my side. Still double N/A in my travel compliance. No updates after entering the US on May 15th.

Ok, final update. My Disney buddy who was on the Alaska cruise with me travelled yesterday from Europe to the US. No issues at customs. So whatever they did for us in the system, she was not flagged as a weird case.

Great!! I was about to cancel our Fantasy trip for summer 2024. I also received a letter from Disney stating we disembarked the Wonder in Vancouver (with dates) :-)

I returned back to the UK from my DCL Alaska cruise in August and never thought to check my I-94 status on my return. I've now received an email from US CBP to remind me that I only have 10 days left in the US, when clearly I am not there!
Help! Who do I need to contact?

I returned back to the UK from my DCL Alaska cruise in August and never thought to check my I-94 status on my return. I've now received an email from US CBP to remind me that I only have 10 days left in the US, when clearly I am not there!
Hi

I am in the same position albeit my 10 days have now passed. There are notes on the cbp website clearly stating that the I 94 record may not be completely up to date especially for closed loop cruises and I emailed dcl who advised that this is common and not to worry as the formal records in the back ground will be up to date but the 10 day warning letter is automatically issued when your visible i 94 record isnt up to date. My Esta has not been cancelled which is a good sign i think and although I have emailed the cbp info centre with a letter from dcl confirming i debarked in vancouver and a letter from BA confirming i left vancouver i haven't heard back from them yet.

Whilst i am still a little nervous there seems to.be people who have been in a similar situation and have had no problems when they have revisited the US.

I am due to go back to the US in April so will just take the letter from BA and DCL with me and copies of my emails to the cbp info centre and hope for the best i guess and keep everything crossed.

no one, for some reason part of the system that makes these emails auto send out doesn’t seem to get updated correctly which I know is worrying (friend & I were on the ebta so went through the same thing) and the compliance section on our I-94 takes absolute months to update but I guess immigration have access to a full system that we don’t that does show correctly because myself and multiple others have been back to the US since with no issues at all.

OK, I just got my 10 days letter i'm from Australia. I have sent the form via the customs and border patrol website but now what ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter