• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for "family" MNSSHP ideas for non-costume wearers

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
My husband and I aren't interested at all in getting dressed up for the MNSSHP. Any ideas for non-costume ideas? Maybe a tshirt of some sort? Daughter will be in costume, just not sure what.

When we went last year there were many people not dressed up. I would say more not dressed up than were dressed up, but last year I had on a tee shirt that had R2-D2 dressed up like deadpool

They make "costume" t-shirts. My DH always dresses in one of those-usually superman or Captain America which come from regular stores or costume websites- but last year we found a Wreck it Ralph one on Etsy. They Mimic the characters chest/shirt. He wears them with regular shorts. I have a Wonder Woman one (which even came with the arm bans and head piece), but I have always decided to go full costume again. There are always a ton of super hero ones available- and I have also seen them for Jack Skellington- Mickey, Minnie, Princesses etc. There are also places on etsy who sell Marathon/runners character T-shirts. You could also just do a Halloween T-shirt or shirt or at least a Disney T-shirt. You could also "Disneybound"- which is going in a character's color palate- but not "as" the character. When we went last year, even with the new costume rules- there were still a ton of people dressed up. Many of the costumes were not quite as elaborate as in years past because of the new rules (which was sad), but there were still a lot of adults dressed up somewhat- or at least Disney-bounding or T-shirted. To us- that is part of the fun of MNSSHP- seeing the adults dressed up and being kids- it is what makes the atmosphere of the party!

Matching t-shirts, or you an DH wear t-shirts that coordinate with DDs costume (ie if she's a Pirate, wear Jack Sparrow t-shirts, if she's a superhero, wear superhero t-shirts, etc).

Been going over a decade and feel most adults are dressed up in at least a themed tshirt/hat etc. I would say those not dressed in something stood out as the minority. I would probably just play off what DD does, be her backups in simple form.

Thank you all! Daughter will likely change her mind several times between now and September, and while getting her costume will probably be quite easy, finding a 'match' for me and DH (thinking etsy wise) will take a couple of weeks from order to ship to receipt.

Anyone have any ideas for simple yet a fun t-shirt idea for DH re: Haunted Mansion. Its his favorite.

Thank you all! Daughter will likely change her mind several times between now and September, and while getting her costume will probably be quite easy, finding a 'match' for me and DH (thinking etsy wise) will take a couple of weeks from order to ship to receipt.

Anyone have any ideas for simple yet a fun t-shirt idea for DH re: Haunted Mansion. Its his favorite.
Tee public is really good place to look. My brother wore a sandersen sister museium house one.

I have seen on the Disney Store and the Shop Park app Haunted Mansion Cast Member tshirt for men (at one time I think they also had for women but haven't seen that in a while). They also have a Haunted Mansion ladies apron that looks like the costume's the CM wear. I am thinking of getting that for my DH and myself. My DH and I also have Jack and Sally tshirts from Nightmare before Christmas that we wore this year down at Disney for Halloween. Of course, we also have full Woody and Jessie costumes that we have also worn in the past.

The Shop Disney Parks App and the Disney Store website both have the Men's Haunted Mansion Shirt in stock right now. If that is something he is interested in, I would buy it now because it does go in and out of stock. It is $24.95. There is also a cute women's T-shirt to look like the CM maid outfit, but it is not showing up at either place right now. It goes in and out of stock too, so my guess would be it will show up again if you want to try and match. They have carried those shirts for a couple of years. We tend to go to more than one MNSSHP and in 2015 DD elected to go for comfort one night and wore that women's shirt with a black skirt, and an HM maid headband they carried back then as her costume. I haven't seen the headband in a while, but I know they still had the women's shirt in the shop last fall and fairly recently on the website. The women's apron is really cute too and they do have that in stock right now- I have that at home. I thought about wearing it over black pants/skirt and a black T-shirt to MNSSHP last fall, but I didn't really like the way it looked on me as a whole when I tried it-- it was just the way the top of it sat when the apron was tied around my waist- so it could be great on someone else!

thank you all - ill have to check out the website and show DH. Knowing him, he'll likely eyeroll me about something that's 7 months down the line. :laughing:

Sounds like you have your idea but just wanted to share when we went many years ago we weren't too certain about lugging costumes down, being too hot etc etc. so we picked our local sports teams. We are from MA so one person was a Patriot, one was a Bruin, one was a Celtic while my 5 year old twins dressed as soccer players. It was a great conversation piece the entire night, people love to chat about their favorite (and sometimes non favorite ;)!) teams.

There are a lot on Etsy you might check out. This one really stood out to me, and I may need it myself!

il_570xN.633899796_to5c.jpg

Just disney bound (normal clothes that look similar to what a character might wear). You can google for it to get some inspiration but for an example, Pinocchio would be red pants/shorts, yellow shirt, blue bow tie if you want to go all the way.

We love dressing up. Last year, we kept it casual, going with Monsters University frats and sororities. I wore HSS, dh wore OK, dd wore PNK and ds wore ROR. monsters university.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter