Looking for hidden Mickeys in Ocean City NJ!!

get_us_to_WDW

Earning My Ears
Had to share this story...today we checked into a hotel in Ocean City NJ for a 3 night beach get-away. (Have to do something in-between our WDW BCV trips!) :confused3 We were walking down the hallway to our room and the carpet is a floral design...my 3yo points down at the carpet and declares "I see a Mickey!"

She's got the right idea...every hotel carpeting should be full of hidden Mickey's just like BCV! Made my day!:love:

Very cute. OCNJ is our other vacation spot, too.
Hope this rain clears up for the rest of your vacation.

Have fun. :cloud9: aside from Disney we do family reunions every few years at the Jersey Shore. We stay at Wildwood and we have a great time. My older kids love it because we are originally from Jersey (Barnegat). So they love seeing old friends.

Just stayed at the Harris House in OCNJ last week. WE were pleasantly surprised. The only other hotel we have stayed in was Beach Club. This was cheaper and had a great pool. Hope you have a great time in OCNJ.

Awesome to hear. What a great thing your little one picked up on! We also go to OCNJ every summer between WDW trips. Love the family friendlyness.
Stayed at the Boardwalk last year for the first time and reminded us a bit of OCNJ.

Carla

Did a 2 day stay at the Beach Club in June in OC and doing another 2 day stay next week. My daughter wanted to try the Flanders but it's too close to the center of the action--and the amusement rides!-- for me--I like the beach down at the south end of the BW better. A few doors down from the Harris. My bro and his family always used to stay at the Tahiti.

Ah, the Jersey Shore!

In 2009 we stayed at BCV. In 2010, the family visited AKL - Jambo House. This year, for the first time since 2007, we returned to OCNJ. We stayed at the Impala.

Both kids were really disappointed. My DD12 complained that it didn't have a kitchen or balcony. My DS10 complained about the room's small size.

Darn spoiled kids!

They stopped complaining as soon as we got our Johnson's caramel corn and Mack & Manco pizza.

Ahh Johnson's caramel corn, yum when it's hot. Mack & Manco after the beach on the way back to the Watson for the indoor pool!

Staying at OKW in Oct then going on the Dream!!

Carla

Mack and Mancos followed by Kohr's soft serve. And then later-- fudge! I'm not fussy about where that comes from lol. My granddaughter also came home with a hermit crab on our last visit--those I could do without.

Former Jersey girl here (now in PA) Spent every summer as a kid in Ocean City and even honeymooned there oh so very many years ago. Don't forget George's way down by Wonderland for the macaroons. Had to walk down every night from 15th street in June while there for a week. Needless to say we purchased DVC at Boardwalk because even though it isn't the 'Jersey shore' it still reminds us of our next favorite place.

Love the little "Lucy the elephant" on the fireplace mantel in the Boardwalk lobby. Love George's, Mack's, Johnson's and all the rest. Wish Disney could have copied some of these great food items when they created the Boardwalk resort!

The best thing about a vacation in OCNJ as compared to WDW: at the shore, my kids are content to go to the beach and read or relax. At WDW, they like to be on the go most of the time. I like my relaxing time at the beach...(after my busy WDW trip).

We always rent a surrey on our last day at OCNJ and ride up to George's to buy macaroons for the folks at home. Then we ride down to the south end of the boardwalk to buy Johnson's popcorn for others at home.

I like all fudge as well, but we usually buy it at Shriver's. Shriver's has, IMHO, the best taffy anywhere. I simply won't eat any other taffy.

Love Kohr's Bros. custard too. I had that a couple of times while we were there this year.

We were supposed to get a free Mack and Manco's pizza from the Impala, but when we checked in the coupon was for Prep's Pizza. We were disappointed, but Prep's was actually pretty good.

Great. Now I'm hungry. I can be there in five hours... :rotfl2:

Oh only the salt water taffy from Shriver's will do. I do miss Copper Kettle fudge but have adjusted to eating Steel's lol. I have to say I was a tiny bit disappointed on this trip down to the shore-it had been about 6 yrs or so and the Boardwalk just seemed to have lost some of it's charm to me. Just t-shirt shops and food. I miss some of the really nice shops-there was one I always liked right next to George's-does anyone remember that shop? BTW have to have Prep's Pizza/Dairy Bar..when I was a teen (many years ago..lol) I would always get pizza and then slide over and get my ice cream sundae afterwards:rotfl2:

I agree on the shops. I came home in June without one single T shirt or sweatshirt, a first for me. Several of the shops that used to have really nice embroidered shirts no longer do--everything is silk-screened or not nicely embroidered or just a poor selection. The store that had the fire a few years (I think) ago on the south end used to have really nice things--now it's mostly jewelry and not a shirt that I wanted. Also could not find one store selling swim noodles for the pool- every store had hermit crabs, but nobody had noodles!

Didn't get into the Christmas shop with my grabby 3 year old granddaughter or I might have come home with at least ONE souvenir!

The store that had the fire a few years (I think) ago on the south end used to have really nice things--now it's mostly jewelry and not a shirt that I wanted.

That's Henry's. I have been going to OCNJ for 30+ years. It's always been jewelry-first there. They had some nice clothing, just not tons of it.
I do miss Copper Kettle fudge but have adjusted to eating Steel's lol.

We always loved Angie's Fudge, but that's going back a good number of years. He used to make strawberry fudge in early June; it was like vanilla fudge with real pieces of strawberry in it.

I miss some of the really nice shops-there was one I always liked right next to George's-does anyone remember that shop?

Was that Drift In and Sea? That's one that my mom always liked to visit. There was also the Connoisseur Shop; that may be the one your thinking of.

We always make it a point to visit Old Salt, just south of Beach Club. They have some neat stuff.

I also miss the original Bob's Lemonade, not the stuff they try to pass off as Bob's now.

It's amazing to consider how many places have been there as long as I can remember: Port-o-Call, Bob's Grill, Beach Club (nee Stingray), Jilly's, Mack and Manco, the peanut place (with Mr. Peanut on the boardwalk at night), Kohr's Bros., the Strand Theater, Goofy Golf, Tee Time Golf, Shriver's, Castaway Cove (nee Playland), Gillian's Wonderland, Johnson's Popcorn, The Flanders, George's (remember the screen door that used to slam shut?) and, of course, the Music Pier.

I do miss some things, namely Watson's Restaurant and Campbell's Seafood Kitchen takeout. Both food-related items, naturally!

This web site has history of the boardwalk framed around its author's experiences working at theaters.

My wife and I have done Cape May the last couple of years. I guess we need to check out Ocean City. Anyone done both? How do they compare?

We live right outside of Ocean City. Cape May is where we will be moving to hopefully in the next year. So thank you for coming to our shore towns!

We always make it a point to visit Old Salt, just south of Beach Club. They have some neat stuff.

I also miss the original Bob's Lemonade, not the stuff they try to pass off as Bob's now.

Old Salt, formerly The Smuggler, the owner of same who was cited almost every Sunday for Blue Law violations by opening his shop.

Bob’s Lemonade. Back in the day, I sat on 12th Street Beach with the local Dun & Bradstreet rep. He would make his rounds up & down the shore and then sit on the beach and write up his reports. The year Bob’s opened, the D&B guy said Bob needed to sell 60,000 cups of lemonade to break even.:confused3

Spent many a fine summer here at 1221 Ocean, located between the then Stingray (now Beach Club) and an empty lot (now Harris House). The north wing of the Beach club is there now.

The pic was obviously taken on Labor Day Monday, “Shoobie Go Home Day”.
12thSt-17.jpg

T-shirt for 1975, the year the song came out.
12thST-copy.jpg

Oh for the days of tending bar all night,:drinking1
and sitting on the beach all day:beach:

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter