• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

looking for ideas for the excursions

mhb

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if anyone thought that they had a great time on their excursions. We are a family of 5 and have never been on a cruise. Which excursions are worth the money? How should I book them? Through DCL or somewhere else. Me, DH, DS (15) DS (13) DD (11) would like to snorkel. How about Castaway Cay? Should we just enjoy the beach so we can compress before going home? Flying in on the day of the cruise (wish we were'nt) and flying out right away.

Thanks for any help.:sunny::wave: :earsgirl:

When are you taking your cruise? Is it on the Magic or Wonder? Are you taking the Eastern or the Western cruise? Maybe you should mention your date and cruise on a new thread so people can give you some ideas.

My dh, dd (15) and I are taking the Eastern run on the Magic on July 10 - 17. Let me know if this is your cruise. This is our first Disney cruise, but our fifth cruise. We are so excited!

We haven't made any shore excursion reservations yet. I hope to call tomorrow. I may have waited too long. I've been reading these boards for suggestions, and it looks like you should book 60 days in advance. The Disney Passporter has great tips on excursions.

Good Luck!

Hey, thanks. I'm still new to all this.

We are cruising on the Magic, 10/30/04 to the Eastern.

I hear Coki Bay may be one place to go in St Thomas, but don't know if we would rather go over to St. Johns.

What about St. Maarten? What is good to do there?

Hi Michelle, We've been to Coki beach it was nice. Located next to Coki is Coral World. A great attraction for kids and adults. You can check it out at www.coralworld.com

Thanks Ginger.

I am looking for something to do in St. Maarten. I've heard its not the greatest of places. Anyone know?

Thanks, Michelle:wave: :sunny: :earsgirl: :wave: :sunny: :earsgirl:

Originally posted by mhb
How should I book them? Through DCL or somewhere else.
IMHO book through DCL whenever possible ... the one BIG advantage is that if the excursion runs late and you don't get back to the ship until AFTER it was supposed to leave, if you booked the excursion through DCL they WILL hold the ship for you ... if you book the excursion on your own, they will NOT hold the ship and you are responsible for getting yourself to the next port (to catch the ship). :(

Thanks for the insight. That's a great tip. I wouldn't want to have to fly to the ship. What did anyone do in St. Maarten that was fun and they thought was worth the money. We are a family of 5 and it can get pretty expensive.
:earsgirl: :wave: :sunny: :earsgirl: :wave: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter