Looking for more recent reviews on Roundup Rodeo BBQ.

You’re not going here for good BBQ, you’re getting the standard fake Disney BBQ. The ribs were surprisingly decent, not bad. The brisket was plain no taste. The chicken was bad, horrible fake smoke taste. The sausage was also very plain. The salads were good, dessert was good but very small. Would I recommend going? Absolutely! Great Disney decor, great Disney theming, I wish there were more restaurants like this. You’re not going here for a quality meal, you’re going for the experience.

We went the first weekend in July for lunch. It's WAAAAYYY too much food for a lunch on a 95 degree day. The theme is cute but we were seated out of the way in a corner against the wall so we couldn't see a lot of what was going on. We're really not fans of this type of family style dining. We'd prefer to each just order an entree & a side that is what we really want to eat. The family style meal also adds a significant cost to the meal as it's a pre-fixed price. The food was OK. Not overwhelmingly good or bad. We left stuffed and I felt sick in the heat once we went back outside. We decided no more big TS meals for lunches if we go in the summer when it's so hot. It was probably a one & done for us as we wanted to try it but we can eat much cheaper somewhere else for equal quality food.

This really should be a character meal to be worth the value paid. The salads and biscuits honestly were excellent and I reordered a few times. Felt fresh and quality. As for the bbq only the sausage was something I would ask for more of it was above average. Fun place but I agree it was a little "T-Rex cafe" loud and sensory overload. Don't regret doing it and might do it again but there are many other options I would go to before this again.

It wouldn't kill them to have a Woody walking around just waving every once in a while.

We ate her on Monday 7/24. It was a place I wanted to try and my family was not sure. We were in a secluded corner and we were okay with that. The food was VERY good! The watermelon was fresh and sweet, the salad was YUMMY and my kids (16 & 19) loved the dressing. The biscuits were just okay. They were hot and very soft but j felt like they didn’t have much taste (we did not care for the “jelly/sauce” served with them).

The BBQ was decent considering we are spoiled by my husbands smoking skills. The ribs were good for mass produced, the chicken was yummy, my 19DD said the brisket was decent. The only thing we didn’t like was the sausage.

We chose as our sides veggies (bland), Mac and cheese (my family liked it as I don’t do Mac and cheese), the potato barrels (Yummy), and the fried pickles (solid).

The desserts were good as well DH and DD19 had the lemon/blueberry cheesecake and raved about it. My chocolate mousse was sooo good and DD16 had the Forky cupcake and declared it good but small.

Our server was top notch and kept the drinks coming. We liked the freezing when Andy came in. He did it as we were leaving and we froze.

We were in and out in exactly one hour. We would definitely go back.

My wife can't do beef/pork, but also isn't exactly enthralled with the vegetarian option. Is there any other "main" dishes available such as fish? Is it possible for only her to get that while the rest of us enjoy the standard BBQ meats? Do we need to request in advance or do we just tell the server?

TIA

My wife can't do beef/pork, but also isn't exactly enthralled with the vegetarian option. Is there any other "main" dishes available such as fish? Is it possible for only her to get that while the rest of us enjoy the standard BBQ meats? Do we need to request in advance or do we just tell the server?

TIA
The chicken had pretty good reviews, and there is a soy-glazed salmon that she might like.

ate there last trip, was waiting 3 years for it to open; a magical time and since my wife recently(post covid?) developed an allergy to black and white pepper seasoning, the asst sous chef Alejandrino(an asst sous chef) was a doll in preparing a bountiful lunch for her for which we complemented in writing about him to wdw and even received a nice response personalized about him; i ate everything on the menu and it was divine; you have to understand, i am either a gourmet with gourmand tendencies or a gourmand with gourmet tendencies but in either case i loved the food;

Last edited:
One thing to note is the baked bean side is full of pulled pork if you have vegetarians in your group. My son was looking forward to those and was a little disappointed.
The baked beans are listed as plant based. When we went they had jackfruit in them.

Buckin’ Baked Beans (Plant-based)​

Visited the Hollywood Studio's Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land last May with family.
We had a great time and everyone enjoyed the experience. The theming and décor in the restaurant are fun and every corner has something interesting to see. If you enjoy Toy Story Mania, then you need to see the inside of this restaurant, too. We waited about 20 minutes past our reservation time. Gave us a chance to use the themed restrooms in the resturaunt.

Enjoyed the three salads - fresh and healthy:
Tomato + Cucumber Salad with Pickled Red Onion and Vinaigrette
Romaine and Kale Salad with Apples, Dried Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds, and Green Goddess Dressing
Watermelon Salad with Fresh Mint

The family style barbeque platter allowed everyone to sample all of the meat options. Sampled all four meats and enjoyed them all: chicken, beef brisket, pork ribs, and the grilled sausage link.

For the sides we selected:
Baked Beans,
Loaded Potato Barrels, Fried Pickles, and Potato Salad
Each person picked a favorite for our dinner.
Look forward to trying the Veggie Slaw and the Grilled Corn on the next visit.

Each person selected a dessert from the list. The Forky Cupcake was cute. We were fairly full at dessert time, but they were a few reasonably sized portions.

The restaurant is on our must visit again list. Interested in trying the vegetarian platter option on a future visit.

The baked beans are listed as plant based. When we went they had jackfruit in them.

Buckin’ Baked Beans (Plant-based)​

Oh, wow! I wished I had known that. We should have asked. It was shredded and looked (and seemed with the sauce) to be the same as pulled pork. Thanks for the correction!

We went at the end of June and I will say it was worth going once. November it might be better but in the summer it was a very heavy meal to then walk around in the heat.

We were there on July 26th and absolutely loved it! It was loud but not too loud, and the decor is fantastic.

I was ehh on BBQ (my general take on it) and my husband wanted to try the vegetarian option, so we did that. I have never been a fan of the impossible or beyond style meat but whatever they did to make the sausage and ribs was fantastic! And the sauce that came out on them was better than the selections at the table. The third option, cauliflower, was also great and I generally am not a fan of cauliflower either.

The three salads and the biscuits (and I loved the pepper jelly) were great and I honestly could have filled up on just those. Our sides were the mac and cheese (which I loved), potato salad, grilled veggies, and slaw. The slaw was more vinegar based so my husband loved it and I wasn't a fan, the potato salad is mayo based (as far as I could tell) and I loved it but he was not a fan.

For dessert I had the lemon blueberry cheesecake and he had the chocolate mousse. Both were fine but I'd try something else on a future visit. And honestly it's so easy to fill up on all of the food beforehand you don't even really need dessert.

Piggy-backing on this rather than making a new thread...

My wife only eats chicken. And I'm vegetarian. Would they accommodate her and sub the other meats with chicken? Or bring an extra side instead of brisket/etc?

We went last week and I loved it for my toy story loving kids and a cool place with great air conditioning and good food. My husband is from Kansas City though, and wasn’t quite as impressed!! 🤣🤣. Our pickiest eater who is 4 only ate the desert and the potato barrels (which I ordered 2 helpings of plain) 🙄 But the other 2 kids loved the Mac and cheese too (which I also ordered plain) and my oldest even liked the ribs. I loved the salad starter (which I also ordered plain and with extra croutons) and the chicken. I did not like the brisket at all though- way too fatty. But we were in and out within an hour and had just waited for 45 minutes to see Woody and Jessie so we really needed the air conditioning in July! 🤣 My husband wants to try brown derby next year but said he’d go here again in an instant if they added characters which I agree that would be a game changer, but for what we needed and where we were in the park, it was perfect for that super hot day!!

Visited today. We really enjoyed it, my DS17 said it was his favorite meal by far. The meat dishes were just ok, but I wasn't expecting great BBQ. The sides were pretty good and we liked the salads and biscuits. Our server was very good about bringing us anything we wanted more of, even dessert. It was a long meal, but given the temps we enjoyed the long AC break for a late lunch. I thought the decor was super cute. I actually thought the price was reasonable for a theme park all you care to eat meal and we really only got snacks later in the day as it filled us up. I would do again with my crew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter