Looking for others visiting for the Run Disney Races September 2016

Jean Sutton

Earning My Ears
Myself and two of my adult children and an adult niece will be visiting DLP for the first time for the races. We live in the US, in New England and this is our first trip outside the US! We are booked at Newport Bay Club from Sept. 21-26th. Looking forward to earning our Castle to Chateau medal to hang next to our Coast to Coast medals! Would love to find others doing the same thing and share tips, ideas and concerns.

Hi, We're going [myself, DH, DS and his girlfriend] and also staying at NPB, hopefully going to attempt Run Disney.....wish me luck with the training ;] . We arrive on the 20th, did you notice how high the prices are for that week, if you were to book the following week it's about 40% cheaper. Hope it's not going to be insanely busy? K

We'll be in the Newport Bay too over the weekend! (Friday to Sunday). My husband is doing the half marathon and my daughter one of the kids races. I'll be supporting them both ;)

I fear that weekend will be quite busy, but during the week it shouldn't be too bad, everyone's back in school... We've been around those dates in the past and it was nice and quiet! (of course there was no big run attracting lots of people....)

Me and my best mate are running the half on the Sunday. Since we are in London and both teachers we are having a whirlwind visit by arriving Saturday morning and coming back Sunday after running. Staying off site too. The prices are high enough normally for Disney Paris hotels and it was ridiculous when we can stay just down the road for 50 euros a night.

DD is running for the Castle to Chateau medals also ...I'm going with her then adding on time in Paris and the south of France. Hotel not booked yet because I'm finding them obscene. Thinking offsite also ..

Myself and two of my adult children and an adult niece will be visiting DLP for the first time for the races. We live in the US, in New England and this is our first trip outside the US! We are booked at Newport Bay Club from Sept. 21-26th. Looking forward to earning our Castle to Chateau medal to hang next to our Coast to Coast medals! Would love to find others doing the same thing and share tips, ideas and concerns.
We're heading over for the race weekend, too (also from NewEngland!). It will be DH and me, his parents and his brother and partner. All six of us are doing the 5K and DH is also doing the half for Castle to Chateau. We're staying at Hotel Cheyenne.

I'm travelling over from the UK to do the 5K (injury means I can't contemplate the half this time round). First time doing DLP and staying off-site due to the ridiculous hotel prices. Very excited for runDisney having made it to DLP, and hoping it's the start of an ongoing thing.

My girlfriend and I are coming for the DLP races and an extended trip from California. I'm excited as this will be my first time in Paris and will be earning my Castle 2 Chateau medal too! We will be staying at the Newport Bay Club as well from Sept 22 thru 26. Then on into Paris for another few days. Should be a lot of fun!

DH and I will be there from the Friday until the Tuesday or Wednesday, but staying off-site as the onsite expense that week was crazy. We're driving over from the UK, and figure with our savings staying offsite we can get a second trip in next year. DH is doing the half. I will be supporting him from a scooter on the sidelines.

We stayed in NPB on our very first trip in 2003 or 2004 (I can never remember which year) and it was lovely then. They've just completed an update there and I've heard great things about it. I'm sure you'll love it.

I will give you a heads up that a few of the headline attractions will be closed for refurbishment for their 25th anniversary celebration in 2017. I hope that doesn't spoil your enjoyment. While DLP is a far cry from WDW, it has a special charm of its own.

i'm heading over from Ireland with my bf to do the 5k. I can just about run for the bus so this should be interesting. We have AP's so staying offsite as its cheaper. I really can't wait for this. Yes its going to be busy but I think the atmosphere will be great.

Hi, We're going [myself, DH, DS and his girlfriend] and also staying at NPB, hopefully going to attempt Run Disney.....wish me luck with the training ;] . We arrive on the 20th, did you notice how high the prices are for that week, if you were to book the following week it's about 40% cheaper. Hope it's not going to be insanely busy? K

Really? Wow I did not even look - we went through a travel agent and got a package deal. I was actually shocked at how much LESS it seemed than we are used to paying!!

We'll be in the Newport Bay too over the weekend! (Friday to Sunday). My husband is doing the half marathon and my daughter one of the kids races. I'll be supporting them both ;)

I fear that weekend will be quite busy, but during the week it shouldn't be too bad, everyone's back in school... We've been around those dates in the past and it was nice and quiet! (of course there was no big run attracting lots of people....)

We have three day passes as of this moment, was thinking that both race days we would not be in the parks and one day at downtown shopping...but starting to rethink that statedgy considering the additional two days adds on approx 65$ per person... thoughts?

DD is running for the Castle to Chateau medals also ...I'm going with her then adding on time in Paris and the south of France. Hotel not booked yet because I'm finding them obscene. Thinking offsite also ..

Wow - I actually thought NBC was not too bad considering what I have paid in WDW and DL California. But I did book AirBNB apartment 10 (walking) minutes from the Eiffel Tower for four nites and was "Very Happy" with the price when I compared it to the area hotels (not too mention having to have 2 hotel rooms for the four of us!)

I'm travelling over from the UK to do the 5K (injury means I can't contemplate the half this time round). First time doing DLP and staying off-site due to the ridiculous hotel prices. Very excited for runDisney having made it to DLP, and hoping it's the start of an ongoing thing.

If it is successful I am sure it will become permanent - sounds like it is going well so far! I hope so - so that you too can join in the fun one day soon!

DH and I will be there from the Friday until the Tuesday or Wednesday, but staying off-site as the onsite expense that week was crazy. We're driving over from the UK, and figure with our savings staying offsite we can get a second trip in next year. DH is doing the half. I will be supporting him from a scooter on the sidelines.

We stayed in NPB on our very first trip in 2003 or 2004 (I can never remember which year) and it was lovely then. They've just completed an update there and I've heard great things about it. I'm sure you'll love it.

I will give you a heads up that a few of the headline attractions will be closed for refurbishment for their 25th anniversary celebration in 2017. I hope that doesn't spoil your enjoyment. While DLP is a far cry from WDW, it has a special charm of its own.

I am too excited to be attending to let the fact that ANY ride(s) being refurbushed to dull that excitement!

I'll be there! Paid an extortionate amount for a package at NPB. But I don't care, I can't wait for it! I've never run a half marathon before but am running regularly, distances up to 10k. Starting to build on that now.
If anyone is interested, I'm in a Disney running group on Facebook, and we have some meet-ups planned for the race weekend. It's called Run DV: https://www.facebook.com/groups/463855460442449/

I'll be there but just doing the 5k on the Saturday. I'm staying offsite and will get an AP when I get there or just before I go.

I'll be there! Paid an extortionate amount for a package at NPB. But I don't care, I can't wait for it! I've never run a half marathon before but am running regularly, distances up to 10k. Starting to build on that now.
If anyone is interested, I'm in a Disney running group on Facebook, and we have some meet-ups planned for the race weekend. It's called Run DV: https://www.facebook.com/groups/463855460442449/
Thanks for that link, I'll forward to DH

My daughter is also doing the Castle to Chateau run (s) and I'm going with her adding onto an already planned France vacation. I can't believe the DLP resort pricing for that time frame. We've booked offsite but given the early arrival on race day I would prefer an onsite hotel. Anyone find better prices anywhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter