• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for Photography Tips

Belia

Mouseketeer
Hello- I have an iPhone 8+ that I bought because it has a good camera, but honestly, I don't really know how to use it to its fullest capacity.

Taking lots of decent pictures (I'm a scrapbooker) is really important to me on our upcoming trip- it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Does anyone have any tips for taking good pictures at a theme park? Especially in all of the different settings at WDW and low light, lots of motion, etc? Does anyone else have an iPhone 8+ (or similar) and have any tricks to share with me about using that camera specifically?

We signed up for Memory Maker.

Thank you!

Hello- I have an iPhone 8+ that I bought because it has a good camera, but honestly, I don't really know how to use it to its fullest capacity.

Taking lots of decent pictures (I'm a scrapbooker) is really important to me on our upcoming trip- it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Does anyone have any tips for taking good pictures at a theme park? Especially in all of the different settings at WDW and low light, lots of motion, etc? Does anyone else have an iPhone 8+ (or similar) and have any tricks to share with me about using that camera specifically?

We signed up for Memory Maker.

Thank you!

I do not have an I-phone, but an Android instead. I will say for the Samsung version I have, the camera and video isn't bad at all. I also have a husband who is a graphic artist. So he can take ANY picture I take on my phone and make it look like a professional did it! pixiedust: I can simply tell you this....take advantage of the Memory Maker package and use your iPhone every place where a Photopass photograph or "box" takes your pic. I guarantee you'll capture something they don't and vice versa. Play with your camera before your trip. Learn the settings and what works best in what light and what works best with "active" shots. I plan on having someplace to upload my photos to as my phone only hold so much when I start doing videos. Dropbox is an excellent place to "store" pics till I can get home and load them to my desktop.

I hope I've helped! :hug:

I have an 8+

My biggest tips would be to learn how to use the Portrait mode effectively - - those will give you the most professional looking photos. Also knowing how to adjust the lighting in the camera is key.

My recommendation.... just google "iphone 8 plus camera guide" and you will find hundreds of good tips.

I also will usually edit a photo before I post it anywhere. I love SnapSeed (free, made by google) and that is my #1 photo editing app. It's amazing what a few little edits will do to make a basic photo look amazing. https://iphonephotographyschool.com/snapseed/ (there are also some pretty good tutorials on YouTube).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter