Looking for recommendations for restaurants with interesting\different foods

sewingmolly

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a grils trip in June for my sister and me and I'd like some restaurant recommendations. We haven't been to WDW since 2017, so all our knowledge is out-of-date. In the past we loved Jiko and Sanaa, so those are the kind of places I'm looking for - good food but different from what we would eat at home. To give you some idea of our tastes, my sister loves buffets and sampler plates because she likes to try lots of flavors, while I'm disappointed by a plate with a big hunk of meat. At steak places, I always wish the sides were twice as large and the meat half the size. We like to stay inside the Disney bubble, so we're not interested in going offsite. Thanks for any suggestions.

Boma (Sanaa doesn’t have the great flavors anymore like Bison Masala and Chai cream desserts; but bread service is still awesome)
Tiffins (fish/lobster Mac cheese and Lamb (seasonal) were awesome; steak not great; Gobi manchurian excessively salty)
Flying Fish
Steakhouse71
Be Our Guest (atmosphere and food)
Topolinos (Dinner for flavors; Breakfast for characters)

Quick Service:
Epcot flower and garden booths (google for dfb booth/food photos)
Nomad lounge (drinks/churros; sliders bland; chicken Manchurian salty)
ABC commissary (seasonal Shrimp curry)
Satu li
Space220 lounge (calamari and buratta great; can’t get reservations until day 6 or7).
Landscape of flavors (Art of animation)
Oga’s cantina (drinks/chips/atmosphere)

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...or-the-2022-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival/
Quick service has improved immensely-menu and food quality

Last edited:
Nomad Lounge - get there early and grab a comfy sofa outside on the deck. Good drinks and small plates.

Flower and Garden booths are super fun.

Trader Sam's (if open) - get in line about 30-45 minutes before it opens.

Geyser Point - good small plates.

Wine Bar George - charcuterie!

Thanks for the suggestions. We've been to Jiko and Sanaa, but never Boma. Sounds like this the trip we need to try Boma.

This will be the first time that we're there when there are food booths, so we're looking forward to trying them. I'm a little concerned about lines and where to eat based on some things I've heard\read.

This will be the first time that we're there when there are food booths, so we're looking forward to trying them. I'm a little concerned about lines and where to eat based on some things I've heard\read.
Some of the booths have long lines, but the good news is the lines go pretty quick (with the figment popcorn bucket fiasco being the exception). And many of them don't have long lines because there are more cashiers or they are in less busy areas. So it's all not that bad.

Not sure if this is what you want but these are our favorites:

MK - Tony’s, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Be Our Guest.
Epcot - Space220, Tutto Italia, Chefs de France, Le Cellier, and Coral Reef.
HS - 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood Brown Derby.

AKL - Boma.
Disney Springs - The Boathouse.

Great recommendations above. I'd add Toledo at Coronado Springs and Jaleo in Disney Springs -- both have lots of small plates to share and get great reviews.

Is Toledo newish? I saw a post where someone was comparing it to California Grill and they really like it. I don't remember it from our previous trips. My sister loves small plates so Toledo seems like it would be a great choice.

Is Toledo newish? I saw a post where someone was comparing it to California Grill and they really like it. I don't remember it from our previous trips. My sister loves small plates so Toledo seems like it would be a great choice.
I think it opened in summer 2019 along with the Gran Destino Tower expansion so was not open for long before the world shut down. It's also a beautiful restaurant with amazing views. Some great cocktails there and in Dahlia Lounge as well. Have a great trip!

Three Bridges is another good choice at Coronado. It is a similar set up to Geyser Point.

Yak and Yeti in AK. Morimoto in Disney Springs. Boma/Saana at AKL. California Grill probably blows everything out of the water in terms of unique eats/small plates.

Toledo was great, and yes it is new. I don't really like CG, I think it is boring, but we at at Toledo in January and everything was delicious.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Boma and Toledo are definitely going on the list. We love California Grill and Be Our Guest so I'm hoping we can get ADRs for them. It's great to see some quick service places being recommended.

I would go with Tiffins since you enjoyed Jiko & Sanaa. I've only had breakfast at Boma and unlike the majority, it was just ok to us.

Spice Road Tables in Epcot. They only serve small plates and they are all good. Bonus they have great Sangria.

I'm planning a grils trip in June for my sister and me and I'd like some restaurant recommendations. We haven't been to WDW since 2017, so all our knowledge is out-of-date. In the past we loved Jiko and Sanaa, so those are the kind of places I'm looking for - good food but different from what we would eat at home. To give you some idea of our tastes, my sister loves buffets and sampler plates because she likes to try lots of flavors, while I'm disappointed by a plate with a big hunk of meat. At steak places, I always wish the sides were twice as large and the meat half the size. We like to stay inside the Disney bubble, so we're not interested in going offsite. Thanks for any suggestions.
In no particular order:

Jaleo in Disney Springs serves tapas and many interesting/unique foods. There are even a few 'molecular gastronomy' items.

It's been a while since going to Frontera, but Rick Bayless is known for his upscale version of 'traditional' Mexican cuisine. His menu was 'toned down' a bit, but plenty of items are interesting/unique.

BlueZoo in Dolphin has also experienced some menu changes, but even so, we had a most pleasurable meal, again. Tempura String Beans with Truffle Aioli have never disappointed, neither has their Scallop & Brisket app.

Capa, inside Four Seasons, is another tapas place. To be considered, transportation resort-to-resort inside Disney can be difficult.....but worth the journey if food is your calling.

Boma buffet breakfast is something out of the ordinary.

Honorable mention:
Chocolate Soufflé at Shula's. Enjoy at the bar.
Chocolates at Genachery; the hand-made s'more is over-the-top. Their truffles are the real deal.
Chocolate Waffles @ Ale & Compass. Excellent breakfast (buffet recently returned).

Jaleo for small plates or even large plates. I think it is one of the best on property restaurant

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter