looking for some ideas...

gemjoy

<font color=deeppink>Beware the Cruise Shampoo!<br
My very best friends grandmother passed away on Monday at 92 years of age. She lived a long, full life and had so many people who loved her. My friend was extremely close to her. She took care of her right up until she took her last breath... she would talk to her and rub her face and comfort her. And she was the light of her grandmothers life! Anyway, it's been awful for her - she misses her so much and even though she knows that it was a blessing and that she is in the best place there is - she is just broken. :sad1: I have been there for her - we've gone to lunch, talked over coffee etc. and I know there is only so much I can do - it's time that she really needs. However, with the calling hours this friday and the funeral saturday - I really want to do something special for her. Is this ridiculous? My heart is just breaking for her.:sad2: Any ideas? Thanks.

sorry, this was obviously a silly question.

Not at all silly. I think it is such a generous thing to want to do. What a friend you are :goodvibes

When my mother in law passed, I purchased some books for my SIL's on understanding and how to cope. This seemed to help an awful lot. It does not take the pain away, but gives ideas to help deal with the pain..

We are also catholic, so I purchase a mass annually for my mother in law.

What a true friend you are. She is lucky to have you :grouphug:

The best thing you can do for her is be there when everyone resumes their daily lives. Just knowing that she can talk about her to you will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you both for your ideas!:goodvibes I like the annual mass idea alot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter