Looking for steak restaurant...

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
The first full day we'll be in Disney, we'll be celebrating my DH's 50th birthday and the man LOVES his steak and potatoes. We'll be on the Deluxe Dining Plan and I don't mind using 2 points if I have to). What would you recommend? Last time we were there, he kept talking about Schulers and Le Cellier I believe, but I don't know anything about either.

The first full day we'll be in Disney, we'll be celebrating my DH's 50th birthday and the man LOVES his steak and potatoes. We'll be on the Deluxe Dining Plan and I don't mind using 2 points if I have to). What would you recommend? Last time we were there, he kept talking about Schulers and Le Cellier I believe, but I don't know anything about either.

Schula's (at the Dolphin) is not part of the Dining Plan (i.e., you can't pay using a credit), so that might be something to keep in mind.

I love the filet mignon with mushroom risotto at Le Cellier. Every time I've had it, the meat was very tender and flavorful. The lunch filet is 5 oz (I think) and the dinner is 8 oz.
LC_FiletMignon.jpg

There are steaks/filets on almost every menu at the Signature restaurants. The filet at Narcoossee's is also really good, as was the one at California Grill. I don't recall any of them being served with potatoes, but you might take at look at the Signature restaurants and see which menu appeals the most to the non-steak eater because the all of the steaks I've had at the Sigs have been excellent.

I have had a fabulous steak at Narcoosees and also at Yachtsman steakhouse. In fact, the one at Yachtsman was so good, I rebooked for a second night on a solo trip.

I cannot say anything about Le Cellier until September when we go for our anniversary trip.

Shula's is not on the dining plan, so you would have to pay OOP for that.

You can't do Shula's on the dining plan.

You can try Le Cellier, next year it appears it will be 2 credits for both lunch and dinner, this year it is 1 credit for lunch. Also maybe have him take a look at Yachtsman Steakhouse (also 2 credits).

We went to Yachtman Steak last time (somehow got a last minute reservation) and we both LOVED it. I'll have to check out the menu at Le Cellier and Narcooses. Thank you =)

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier
Narcoossee's

Those are my top three for steaks. Yachtsman was amazing, and they have a couple of different options, all which looked absolutely mouth watering :lovestruc I believe I got the 16 oz. rib eye and I came nowhere even close to finishing it. DH had the 24 oz Tbone and he made it a little over halfway I believe. We both loved our dinners there and are excited to go back! :yay:

Le Cellier's filet w/ risotto was ah-maz-ing :worship: I've only had it for lunch but this upcoming trip I'll be eating there for dinner, so I'm interested to see if there's much difference. Oh, and their pretzel bread is out of this world!

Narcoossee's surf n' turf was excellent and is now a must do on our list.

For a good steak meal I think I'd choose Yachtsman, but you won't be disappointed with any of the three :)

The Yachtsman Steakhouse produces great food, but the atmosphere is a bit chaotic.

If its your DH's 50th you might decide to go for V&A which always has an amazing red meat/beef course. If that's not you're thing, and you want something with a great ambiance to celebrate in I can't recommend Shula's enough but it is a chain like Morton's or Ruth Chris, so not unique in that regard; delicious just not unique.

That said Flying Fish does do a great steak and I've never had a bad meal at Bistro de Paris.

I think Le Cellier used to be amazing but has seriously been disappointing for years.

I don't know about the dining plan. It isn't something that sounds like it work for me and mine as a lot of our "musts" are included. Can't help there, but have a wonderful trip!

We went to the Yachtsman in Feb and loved it! I am a steak and potatoes guy and enjoyed my meal very much. I got the 24oz porterhouse steak with paprika fries for my dinner.

If you want great steak and are willing to pay OOP, then I suggest Schula's. For a special occasion, that would be my preference. If you are set on using a dining plan credit, I would suggest Yachtman or Narcoossee's. We have had steak at every "steak house" restaurant in WDW and Narcoossee's has always been our favorite for flavor & tenderness.

After having meals in most of the Signature restaurants one trip, and that includes ordering steak in Yachtsman and Narcoossee's, the best steak we had was from Citrico's. None, except for Shula's, serve the same type steak as you would get in a steakhouse. Yachtsman used to, but they downgraed to choice beef, rather than prime, several years ago. Probably around the advent of the dining plan.

As well about Shula's, I believe a jacket is required.

Thank you everyone, much appreciated!! =) I didn't know about the jacket requirement for Schula's, and being DH is always in suits for work -- he'll take that out of the running. Although the OOP cost adds to why we couldn't do it anyway.

I recommend Yachtsman. We just ate there a few weeks ago and it was very good. We haven't been to Shula's yet but I don't plan to. Unless Le Cellier now has better steaks since they are a signature status now, I think their steaks aren't very good/not good quality.
Yachsman's mashed potatos were outstanding. & even if they steak he chooses didn't come with the side he wants, they were very accomodating in changing the sides to any that they had. My DH changed his to the mac & cheese and there was so much to share.

After having meals in most of the Signature restaurants one trip, and that includes ordering steak in Yachtsman and Narcoossee's, the best steak we had was from Citrico's. None, except for Shula's, serve the same type steak as you would get in a steakhouse. Yachtsman used to, but they downgraed to choice beef, rather than prime, several years ago. Probably around the advent of the dining plan.

As well about Shula's, I believe a jacket is required.

Now I haven't been to Shula's but since I read this from a pp I was curious. A jacket is not required. I looked on disney's website (it is the same as other signatures) & an orlando dining guide (said business casual).

Well, then I stand corrected. Thank you! I haven't looked at it in years because of that requirement (also V&A).

But I'm also not carrying business casual clothes with me to WDW either. The time I went I was attending a conference, so I was neater anyway. If I want to go to a real steakhouse, well, I'm in NYC every day, as are you, and I can go to one there. It will probably be less expensive :)

We're near NYC too and nothing like a Mortons Steak IMO. As for dress wear, best thing he'll probably pack is a golf shirt.

You can try Le Cellier, next year it appears it will be 2 credits for both lunch and dinner, this year it is 1 credit for lunch. Also maybe have him take a look at Yachtsman Steakhouse (also 2 credits).

Le Cellier is our favorite restaurant at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter