Looking for suggestions.

waltmick

Earning My Ears
I posted this in Adult and solo travelers board. Looking for any additional input.

My wife and I are making our 15th trip to the world in early December for just ourselves. Have been on most rides many times. We just got back from an early August trip with a family group of 25. Everything went great, newcomers were impressed.

Now, any suggestions for just the two of us other than rides? Been to Cirque 3 times, plan on doing the Candlelight Processional again and Osborne family lights. Any other suggestions? Will consider all suggestions no matter how outlandish or simple.

TIA

Bob

For some reason the first thing I thought of was you & DW split-up for an hour or two for some Christmas shopping for each other. Sounds like you're both dedicated Disney fans, and they do have a big selection of merchandise.

That might not sound too exciting, I'll look forward to seeing what the others say. Sounds like there's some potential for a great trip:earsboy:

DH and I really enjoyed the carriage ride at POR. Of course we had 3 kiddos with us, but it was very peaceful and romantic. We always say that if we ever make it to WDW without kids, we're going to take the carriage ride again... alone! :lmao:

Touring the deluxe resorts to check out the Christmas decor is always nice. You can plan a nice lunch or diner or maybe both at one of the resorts on your tour. The decor really is special.

Everything PPs have said!

For our 15th ann. trip DH and I played mini golf gor the first time and had a blast.

I hope you're including MVMCP in your plans!

For a relaxing afternoon, make a reservation at Gardenview Tea Room in the GF. Quiet & can be romantic, but you could theoretically get out of there for under $20 if you order conservatively. It's right off the lobby by the giant gingerbread house.

Touring the resorts is something DH and I love to do especially at Christmas time! One of our favorite times was touring the monorail resorts and stopping in a bar at each one.

We like looking for Hidden Mickeys.
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/HiddenMickey.html

Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue is fun!

Jelly Rolls was a BLAST!

We had a great time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge...if you're not staying there you can eat at Jikos then wander the grounds and view the animals....loved it!!

Our favorite thing is walking around World Showcase sampling food and drinks from each country and finding fun places to take pictures....we love to take pictures with funny hats!

Any of the many tours available are great. I have taken 10 different ones over the years, several multiple times. They have all be excellent. Pick a park that you enjoy the most and try a tour.

http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm

If you do, make sure to ask for discount....AAA, AP, DVC (15%), Disney Visa (20%)

I've done the Around the World Segway tour twice and loved it- highly recommended. They've recently changed the tour so it's on my list to do again.

We also did the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK (the 4 hour one) and loved that as well. Lots of walking and standing but pretty cool all the same.

Dinner at Victoria & Alberts
Take a Carriage Ride at Port Orleans and then relax with a drink at River Roost (the bar in Riverside) and watch Bob Jackson-he is a ton of fun!
Rent a Water Mouse
Go to the Luau at the Polynesian
Watch the fireworks from the Poly beach
Take the Keys to the Kingdom tour, or the Segway tour at Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter