• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for the Unusual

DoulaMel

Disney Doula
Hello! This is our third trip in three years with two of our kids (19 and 26). Every year, I try to find some restaurant that will be super memorable for them, and for us. They have loved Raglan Road for the food and the entertainment and got a real kick of of Whispering Canyon because the staff is moderately abusive. We have not done a character meal with them since they were little. I think out of the two experiences, they might have just loved WCC better. The server was kind of hilarious and really good with them. I am debating going back there - or - does anyone know of a restaurant (preferably lunch but not necessarily) that would be great for my family where the wait staff would be super interactive with my old kids or would we be better to find a character breakfast where this may happen? Thank you DisBoard HIve Mind. Someone always has a great idea and I am excited to see what we might do!

I’m a huge fan if breakfast at gg. The spinning rest, the cinnamon bun! The character interaction! It’s all the best. And not a super popular choice, so never hugely crowded, imho

There's a restaurant at HS with interactive wait staff. 50's Prime Time(?) that might amuse your family.

Right! We did do this both trips. The first trip the server was all over us and the second time (the following year), same server, basically served our food and said nothing.

We had the same experience at 50s Prime Time. Our server did her job by serving our food and refilling our drinks, and that was it. No role-playing at all - a real let-down from what we were expecting.

We had a great interaction at 1900 PF for dinner. The step sisters were hilarious and very interactive. We also went to 50's PT and had a good time too, my husband had to sing I'm a little teapot for elbows on the table multiple times.

We had the same experience at 50s Prime Time. Our server did her job by serving our food and refilling our drinks, and that was it. No role-playing at all - a real let-down from what we were expecting.

We were there in 2017 and there was great interaction. One full year later, same place, same server - nothing.

We had a great interaction at 1900 PF for dinner. The step sisters were hilarious and very interactive. We also went to 50's PT and had a good time too, my husband had to sing I'm a little teapot for elbows on the table multiple times.

I have been pondering 1900.

My suggestion would be to take a look at the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen, at MK. The experience may vary based on your wait staff, but some of them are very interactive and a lot of fun. And the food is wonderful in our experience also, with a number of unusual and adventurous choices available on the menu.

I went to Garden Grill in college and loved it, I don't know why it took so many visits for me to repeat going there. it's also the one character experience my husband wants to repeat.

So.. I toss HDDR around every time we go. One on hand, I think it looks like fun and it could work. Reviews say the food is pretty good. On the other hand, the cheesy/corny Hee Haw like humour that I looked at, makes it maybe not as fun?

GG - so many of you have said that, I will look again :)

Wait - GGrill is at EPCOT?? And it rotates?

or GGrove at Swan?

Garden Grill vs. Garden Grove?

Garden Grill is a restaurant that rotates slowly. It has Chip, Dale, Farmer Mickey and Pluto. It's honestly been some of the best character interaction I've ever experienced.

Currently I prefer the breakfast menu to their lunch/dinner menu.

Garden Grill is a restaurant that rotates slowly. It has Chip, Dale, Farmer Mickey and Pluto. It's honestly been some of the best character interaction I've ever experienced.

Currently I prefer the breakfast menu to their lunch/dinner menu.

Seriously - Farmer Mickey. That's Mickey in farmer overalls . . . can't top it.

No interaction with the staff, but our older kids loved Splitsville in Disney Springs. Lots going on and food choices to suit everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter