Looking for the Unusual

For a unique experience Lunch with an Imagineer at Brown Derby.

If that doesn't work for your group, then I'm jumping on the 50's Prime Time Cafe band wagon.

If they like the antics from the wait staff, I would also recommend 50s Prime Time at DHS. Same concept, good food, unique restaurant. Something you can only do at Disney.

The Biergarten is really fun. If your kids like hibachi style food, Teppan Edo is our favorite, where they cook right in front of you.

50"s Prime Time in Hollywood Studios can be a lot of fun, always depending on the server (You could mention to the person who you check in with that you want your sons to get the full experience. Besides being decorated like a 50's kitchen, the servers will admonish you about elbows on the table, not eating your veggies, not finishing everything on your plate, etc. The are looking to be like Mom or Dad and how they would talk to the people at the table that "disobey" the rules. I have had stomach surgery and cannot finish all the food, and that starts them going until I tell them why. It an be a great deal of fun VERY noisy. Other suggestion is the Tusker House. It is a character meal, but we go for the food. If you book the last seating for breakfast then while you are there you will get breakfast and lunch food, some very different, some pretty normal food wise. Germany in Epcot a lot of fun, it is an inside beer garden with an ompa band. Enjoy yourselves.

Hello! This is our third trip in three years with two of our kids (19 and 26). Every year, I try to find some restaurant that will be super memorable for them, and for us. They have loved Raglan Road for the food and the entertainment and got a real kick of of Whispering Canyon because the staff is moderately abusive. We have not done a character meal with them since they were little. I think out of the two experiences, they might have just loved WCC better. The server was kind of hilarious and really good with them. I am debating going back there - or - does anyone know of a restaurant (preferably lunch but not necessarily) that would be great for my family where the wait staff would be super interactive with my old kids or would we be better to find a character breakfast where this may happen? Thank you DisBoard HIve Mind. Someone always has a great idea and I am excited to see what we might do!
A few things come to mind (and in no particular order):

1.). Brunch at CA Grill is the most humane dining experience I have enjoyed at Disney (that is not Victoria & Albert). I am not much fan of a CA Grill for dinner service (and we stay at Bay Lake), nor do I typically enjoy brunch, but the transformation to civility is a welcomed treat. Be advised - it's expensive, it's a great amount of food, and you may return for the evening fireworks.

2.). Victoria & Albert - because I can spend your money faster than you. But dinner is theater and the experience will be memorable (if you skip the inebriating wine-pairing).

3.). Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue is a hoot'n'holler. Everyone smiles. BBQ menu is edible; dessert falls short.

4.). Make a list of 'places we've never been' and only try those places this vacation. I'm half-n-half my next trip.

5.). Most Magic Kingdom Dessert Parties are worth the price.

6.). Graze through Epcot, or nibble through your preferences in Disney Springs.

The oldest is 26 years old and the other is 19 years old. Have you asked their opinion about what they would like to try? By the time I was 26 years old I was giving my parents suggestions about what restaurants to try.

While the "antics" at PTC, and similar restaurants might be cute, when they were younger, might not be what they are into now.

The oldest is 26 years old and the other is 19 years old. Have you asked their opinion about what they would like to try? By the time I was 26 years old I was giving my parents suggestions about what restaurants to try.

While the "antics" at PTC, and similar restaurants might be cute, when they were younger, might not be what they are into now.

We were there last year and they loved it. Yes, have asked them for suggestions. They're pretty easy going and are happy anywhere. I just want to wow them, if I can. But not for a ton of money :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter