• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for Work Christmas ideas

KLAIT

DIS Veteran
I know there is an extremely creative group on this board and am hoping you can help

this Year I am on the Christmas Party committee at work and am looking for a few ideas if activities/games we can play to break the ice and have some fun.

There are about 125 of us in tables of 8 with ages 18-85

something fun and simple would be great.

thanks

Yeah, skip the ice breakers. They are more like awkward makers.

We always do the music and dance but we have found over the years that people here enjoy interactive games/events.

plus with a mixed crowd with those who are unable to really participate in that and there are some faith based people who are not able to participate we need something else

thanks tho...for what it is worth, I agree with that being the most fun but I need to look at bigger picture😢

I've got to say...personally, in a office environment, there is nothing worse than a forced ice breaker. Games are the worst! What about some sort of mixer without the formality of tables and forced "togetherness"? Like a cocktail party, or whatever a cocktail party is called when it's got no booze if that is the direction you need to go:cutie:
Are you hosting this at your place of work, or a off site venue? Full meal or appetizers or lunch or what???? Could do a dessert party? Or catered lunch?

The only Christmas parties I've organized for work have been cocktail parties with heavy nibbles at a local restaurant for about 40-60, depending on the year.

My husband once worked at a place where the Christmas luncheon was mandatory (or you stayed back at the shop & worked). It was painful for 95% of the employees, and non of them cared for it. They'd have much rather had the $50 or whatever it cost per head, or the afternoon off. Nothing goes over as badly as a forced holiday get together for employee moral (in my opinion as a employer) where you see the Company spending the money for this event, which is lack luster at best, but not giving out a year end (or whenever) bonus.

Our offices is much smaller only about 60 or so we are 5 office that work under one larger department banner. We do a Christmas breakfast ever year and each office takes turn being the entertainment and that could be games or whatever. The one so far everyone has enjoyed the most is we had the stuff for each table to dress up one person up as a snowman and then we had the staff of the restaurant judge the winner and then Christmas trivia.

We are actually in a small area where everyone knows everyone outside of work. We give all employees physical gifts for Christmas as well as money for their thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. This holiday party is off site and not mandatory: it is a Saturday night and people volunteer to attend with their spouses or significant other. We do a lot of giveaways at the party to include items as well as over 100 gift cards. It is a buffet style dinner, cocktails, and a few awards given away as well. This party is heavily attended as people enjoy it.
For our summer picnic we had it outdoors where people could bring their entire family and we did a frisbee golf event within the picnic and people loved it. Almost all employees and their families played.

If people are willing to provide old family photos, guess the baby who turned out to be this employee?

That was a cute game

How about morphing the bridal shower game of "Draw a Bride" into "Draw Santa (or Snowman)"? The twist is you have the paper on top of your head so you can't see what you're doing, and have a set time like a minute to complete it. Then have each table choose their favorite to be in a final runoff to win first prize.

We are actually in a small area where everyone knows everyone outside of work. We give all employees physical gifts for Christmas as well as money for their thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. This holiday party is off site and not mandatory: it is a Saturday night and people volunteer to attend with their spouses or significant other. We do a lot of giveaways at the party to include items as well as over 100 gift cards. It is a buffet style dinner, cocktails, and a few awards given away as well. This party is heavily attended as people enjoy it.
For our summer picnic we had it outdoors where people could bring their entire family and we did a frisbee golf event within the picnic and people loved it. Almost all employees and their families played.

That sounds like fun -

Well, I'm still not about the games, but since you do giveaways, how about some sort of raffle items that you announce intermittently thru out the evening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter