Looks Like Iger Has a Plan - It Includes Job Cuts

We might be unnecessarily worked up about Disney’s layoff. 7k out of 220k+ is 3.x%? There are probably 7k employees who are not frontline/direct contributors, I.e. do not produce products/services, and no reports and MS project updates don’t count.
I was talking to my DH about this and I told him this same thing. I just want them to keep Mousekeeping for my DVC resorts. I mean we just got them back and I like daily service.

While disney+ is down, so are the other streaming services. As people went back to work and school, and the economy turned crappy, one of the obvious things people cut is entertainment. Streaming/cable is an easy choice. Parks are full and merchandise is as popular as ever. Disney needs to tighten up their business model, imo, which it sounds like they're trying to do.

I am referring to what their malleable minds are exposed to. There is a greater audience that is offended by some of the things Disney has changed. I was not referring to actual physical safety. This is fact. People have been very vocal about this.
But, don't forget the issues not to long with cast members involvement in a child sex ring. Just saying.
There is literally nothing offensive in the parks, except poor behavior of some guests…
And as far as D+ content, parents have the ability to decide what their kids do and do not see. I don’t think very many people are dumping D+ because of a “safety” issue. D+ isn’t the only streaming service with issues, they’re all down, people are out and about more now and don’t have as much use for as many streaming services. We ended up cutting Netflix for that reason.

There is literally nothing offensive in the parks, except poor behavior of some guests…
And as far as D+ content, parents have the ability to decide what their kids do and do not see. I don’t think very many people are dumping D+ because of a “safety” issue. D+ isn’t the only streaming service with issues, they’re all down, people are out and about more now and don’t have as much use for as many streaming services. We ended up cutting Netflix for that reason.
Well, I disagree but, we aren't going to change each others minds.

Well, I disagree but, we aren't going to change each others minds.
If you can point me in the direction of a reliable source with actual data attributing lower park attendance or D+ subscriptions to safety concerns, I’ll be happy to take a look. I’m a shareholder and impacts to stock prices are of interest to me.

Also, unfortunately, there are bad apples in every profession.

If you can point me in the direction of a reliable source with actual data attributing lower park attendance or D+ subscriptions to safety concerns, I’ll be happy to take a look. I’m a shareholder and impacts to stock prices are of interest to me.

Also, unfortunately, there are bad apples in every profession.
Some may point out that Disney had lower attendance in 2021 than pre-Covid, but Disney also changed their focus from filling the parks to limiting capacities and controlling work force numbers and having an increase in per guest spending. We won’t see any raw numbers of 2022 attendance until late summer or so.

There is a contingent domestically that disagrees with some of the current content being produced by Disney/D+. To date D+ has added subscribers domestically each quarter so that contingent hasn’t had an impact on D+ as of yet. The loss of subscriptions to D+ last quarter are all attributed overseas with Disney+Hotstar.

Some may point out that Disney had lower attendance in 2021 than pre-Covid, but Disney also changed their focus from filling the parks to limiting capacities and controlling work force numbers and having an increase in per guest spending. We won’t see any raw numbers of 2022 attendance until late summer or so.

There is a contingent domestically that disagrees with some of the current content being produced by Disney/D+. To date D+ has added subscribers domestically each quarter so that contingent hasn’t had an impact on D+ as of yet. The loss of subscriptions to D+ last quarter are all attributed overseas with Disney+Hotstar.

They aren't actually limiting attendance, just pushing it where they want it. There hasn't been a day where all 4 parks sold out.

As for the safety concerns the other poster mentioned, I would be grateful if stuff like that caused a decrease in attendance for me when I go.

They aren't actually limiting attendance, just pushing it where they want it. There hasn't been a day where all 4 parks sold out.

As for the safety concerns the other poster mentioned, I would be grateful if stuff like that caused a decrease in attendance for me when I go.
They were in 2021. Won’t be able to factually know anything about attendance in 2022 until that data is released in the summer/fall.

No. I asked for data from a reliable source, which this is not.
Saying Breitbart is not credible is like saying CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc are. When you consider how many news sources Disney owns, you have the answer to your question. At the top, all news conglomerates are owned by 5 people...all with the same bias. This is every topic, not just Disney. The information is out there for anybody who really wants to seek the truth and is willing to have their ways of thinking questioned.

Saying Breitbart is not credible is like saying CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc are. When you consider how many news sources Disney owns, you have the answer to your question. At the top, all news conglomerates are owned by 5 people...all with the same bias. This is every topic, not just Disney. The information is out there for anybody who really wants to seek the truth and is willing to have their ways of thinking questioned.

I’m not sure how saying one source isn’t credible means anything about any other source, although all of the ones you mentioned are too politically leaning for me to consider them credible. I don’t want to read politically slanted pieces. Breitbart is known to be extremely slanted.

I’m looking for actual data, not a hypothesis. In fact, as was pointed out several posts back, D+ subscriptions are actually up domestically (despite some dropping it due to disagreement with the content) and the overall D+ drop has nothing to do with safety issues.

I’m not sure what the original post was about since it was deleted but Disney was expecting to lose a lot of subscribers as a result of losing streaming rights to a cricket league. Don’t have the exact numbers, would be useful to have a US vs International comparison but the loss was worth noting by several sources when it happened last year.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/disney...rget-disneyplus-profitability-1235089426/amp/

D+ is doing fine non-India.
Parks is expanding hours. more worried on the lack of contract for the CMs than anything.

Once again they are cutting Orlando IT workers. They did this a couple years ago when they made IT train their replacements then let them go

Once again they are cutting Orlando IT workers. They did this a couple years ago when they made IT train their replacements then let them go
And that is unfortunate because the Disney website is an absolute disaster. I low-key wonder if they push people toward travel agents for bookings because they know their IT infrastructure is in shambles and they're embarrassed by it.

And that is unfortunate because the Disney website is an absolute disaster. I low-key wonder if they push people toward travel agents for bookings because they know their IT infrastructure is in shambles and they're embarrassed by it.

It's not like the exisiting IT workers were doing a good job. Back when they rolled out magic bands, the infrastructure was a complete disaster. I'm not sure their IT could get worse.

We might be unnecessarily worked up about Disney’s layoff. 7k out of 220k+ is 3.x%? There are probably 7k employees who are not frontline/direct contributors, I.e. do not produce products/services, and no reports and MS project updates don’t count.
Unlikely. Large corporations are never good at this type of thing and always end up laying off the wrong people.
It's not like the exisiting IT workers were doing a good job. Back when they rolled out magic bands, the infrastructure was a complete disaster. I'm not sure their IT could get worse.
Disney isn't perfect but it could get a lot worse. MSC cruise line comes to mind as an example of an actually awful website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter