Looks like they are testing magic band stuff at DL today!

tlovesdis

Disneyland Obsessed!!!
Just saw pictures and a video on twitter of FP for Space Mountain being scanned by a machine similar to those used in WDW for FP+.

Seems like the magic bands may be on their way!!!

12107281_10153051335957035_1677877726404317645_n_zpssxzrjngz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also loved the magic bands at WDW! So nice not to have to pull out four tickets every time we entered the park or used Fastpass. I also liked how easy it was to make a purchase (much easier than Apple Pay!). And I liked how you could get a collector band, too. Knowing we wouldn't be back to WDW anytime in the next few years, I didn't want to spend the money on a special edition band, but my daughter spent some of her souvenir money to buy the different colored sleeves and decorations for hers. If Disneyland had magic bands, I would absolutely spring for special editions!

I don't see FP+ working well at Disneyland, but I can't see why magic bands wouldn't work. They don't go hand in hand necessarily. Magic bands are just a fancier, tech savvy park ticket that can also work as your fast pass holder.

I saw this this morning. First, I instinctively stuck out my wrist, then I did a double take, then my jaw dropped. They scanned our fastpasses with it. It's totally coming [GALLERY=]image.jpeg [/GALLERY]

I'm not understanding why people don't like the concept of magic bands. I get why people don't like the idea of FP+! (I definitely wasn't a FP+ fan.). If you don't want magic bands, would you mind explaining your concerns?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! No wonder they're jacking up the prices. They gotta pay for the new FP+ system. Of course, they can't even get the cards at their hotels to link up with the tickets, so good luck making all of this work.

I don't care about Magic Bands...but as a local, I DO care about FP+.
I don't want to go to the parks and not be able to ride anything without a 2 hour wait because all the FP's are already taken...and I don't plan my day trips months in advance!

I don't think they will do FP+ at Disneyland due to the extremely high percentage of locals/AP holders who frequent the parks. I can see them introducing magic bands in some form though.

We did the bands and FP+ and I loved the bands, loved not carrying tickets and room keys and all that, and just wearing a bracelet. FP+ was fine for us, we didn't hop. So I booked 1 ride an hour starting 1 hour after we got in the park. So we would have that 1st quiet hour to race for test track or whatever, and then one hour after the park opened started hitting our FPs. Then, after the 3 were gone we'd go to a kiosk and ask the cm what was available *now* this way we could keep accumulating FPs. Sometimes it was a ride that didn't need a FP but then after that, back at the kiosk the next ride available asap would be a better one. It seemed to work out. So I guess I am ambivalent as a once a year-ish visitor.

I think they may bring FP+ to Disneyland, but it would be in the form of an electronic legacy FP that we have now with different kiosks around the park to obtain FPs for different rides. I don't think Disneyland would have advanced reservations of FPs.

What is a magic band? It sounds like it's an electronic version of the fast pass ticket? I already don't like it. What if I don't want an irritating piece of plastic around my wrist during a long hot sweaty day? What if I want to give my fast pass to my son? I'm not liking the sound of this.

I absolutely loved Magic Bands and FP+ at WDW in May though I know i'm in the minority. Even though it's been stated things "won't" happen , evolution is necessary and that includes revisiting plans already deemed " a no go".
I wouldn't freak out about it yet , there's just not enough information yet and it certainly won't be an overnight process.

Planning FP selections is not as bad as people make it out to be and there are options if a ride goes down , etc.

I don't care about Magic Bands...but as a local, I DO care about FP+.
I don't want to go to the parks and not be able to ride anything without a 2 hour wait because all the FP's are already taken...and I don't plan my day trips months in advance!

Same here. I am a DLR local and don't plan my visit months in advance. It's usually just within the week or even just the night before when I decide to go. So there's no way I can make that FP+ reservation in advance. We're planning on going to WDW next month and had to book the FP+ at 60 days (onsite stay) and that was a pain in the butt. Not everything we wanted was available and had to stalk the FP+ website for a possible cancellation...pain in the butt and giant waste of my time!!!

I see a potential problem with the FP+ at DLR. As an AP holder and not staying on site, I'll be able to book the FP+ 30 days out. Since I don't really know when I'm going until last minute, I can theoretically book FP+ for every single day (rolling 30 days) in case I decide to go. Then that means I'm taking up the FP+ from someone who's definitely going. Is this happening at WDW too?

As someone said, staggs already said magic bands aren't coming to DLR. However, the tickets at dlr are already RFID, arent they? there is no reason they couldnt make the fp system use the RFID without having magic bands.

That said I am not a fan fp+, and hope if they are going the electronic route that they make it an electronic version of the current legacy rules. Best of both worlds, imo.

I'm not understanding why people don't like the concept of magic bands. I get why people don't like the idea of FP+! (I definitely wasn't a FP+ fan.). If you don't want magic bands, would you mind explaining your concerns?

Personally I don't like it because I already wear a watch on my wrist and like to keep my other wrist bare. When I went to WDW it was easy to forget, left the band in my hotel room a few times. They're not that attractive either. I wouldn't mind carrying a Fastpass card though.

I have mixed feelings about FP+. I like the convenience of using my phone but I'm not one to stick to a plan. If they bring it over I'd be happier if I can make same-day changes.

As someone said, staggs already said magic bands aren't coming to DLR. However, the tickets at dlr are already RFID, arent they? there is no reason they couldnt make the fp system use the RFID without having magic bands.

That said I am not a fan fp+, and hope if they are going the electronic route that they make it an electronic version of the current legacy rules. Best of both worlds, imo.

Disneyland tickets and Annual Passports are not RFID enabled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter