• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Loose articles" on Rides question

Statement from US:

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Universal Orlando is testing the use of metal detectors at its high-speed rides to make sure passengers aren't carrying cell phones or selfie sticks that could fly out of their pockets.

The first metal detector was set up Wednesday at the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster.

Universal spokesman Tom Schroder says the decision to try out the metal detectors was done for safety, not security. He says no single incident precipitated it.

Visitors will be encouraged to put their metal items in lockers the theme park resort provides at the rides.

Universal officials will evaluate whether the metal detectors created hassles for riders and whether they did their jobs before deciding whether to use them at all rides.

I read somewhere in the article that you could be ejected from the park if you refuse to go through the detector. How could they kick you out just by saying "no thanks, I decided not to ride" ??

I read somewhere in the article that you could be ejected from the park if you refuse to go through the detector. How could they kick you out just by saying "no thanks, I decided not to ride" ??

It's says,

"Failure to follow posted guidelines may result in removal of ride or expulsion from the park."

If you refuse to go thru you don't ride. If you somehow hide something and they find out it's their discretion to stop the ride and remove you or if serious enough expulsion of the park.

These signs are posted at the entrance of the parks in general and nothing new. Follow the rules or you will be banned.

Here is the riders guide. On page three is is clearly stated there.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Images/Riders_Guide_tcm13-26195.pdf

I've been watching this thread because we are headed to the parks in June. I have no problem using the lockers, but want to know if fanny packs with a three prong clasp are still allowed on the rides. I have one and will bring it if I can use it. Thanks!

I've been watching this thread because we are headed to the parks in June. I have no problem using the lockers, but want to know if fanny packs with a three prong clasp are still allowed on the rides. I have one and will bring it if I can use it. Thanks!

Depending on the ride, it would be a qualified yes and no. Of the rides with lockers, on, MIB, Gringotts, and ROTM you're probably fine. on HRRR, Hulk and Dragon Challenge, almost definitely not.

I worry more about the Hulk than any other. It's scary to think of things flying off as the cars go roaring over people on the walkways.

I wonder if they could bring back the dueling feature on Dragon Challenge?

It wouldn't go with the HP theme though, then. The dragons don't duel in the movie/book.

I worry more about the Hulk than any other. It's scary to think of things flying off as the cars go roaring over people on the walkways.

that would be fantastic but i don't think it will ever happen.

They say that the dragons are chasing vs dueling now.

They used to have and I don't know if it's still there a plexiglass box/sign in front of Hulk with all these prohibited items that were smashed and lost from the ride.

They say that the dragons are chasing vs dueling now.

They used to have and I don't know if it's still there a plexiglass box/sign in front of Hulk with all these prohibited items that were smashed and lost from the ride.
It was there at the end of Jan..Plus we got to witness it firsthand when some idiot lost their phone on hulk and it landed on the pavement

Metal detectors are no longer there. Apparently, it was a test that only lasted a couple of hours.

Metal detectors are no longer there. Apparently, it was a test that only lasted a couple of hours.

Lol, I heard they have a full medical staff for full body cavity searches! :scared1:

Lol, I heard they have a full medical staff for full body cavity searches! :scared1:

Lol............could be fun!!!

I hope they do bring them back permanently.......maybe people will finally think and realise sneaking items on the ride for whatevever reason is not acceptable, ever.

Like others who have posted we have witnessed how hard items fall out of riders pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter